Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. It seems to me though, if the landscaper was involved in kidnapping and holding Kyron (for what reason, I can't imagine) since they found the landscaper, they should have found Kyron as well. If Kyron is not with the landscaper, then he must be with a third person if he is alive, and I really can't imagine that.

I would think if the landscaper wouldn't go along with murder for hire, he wouldn't go along with kidnapping a 7 year old either.

I'm not 100% sure he wouldn't go along with a murder for hire plot...he didn't go to LE. LE went to him once they found out. Maybe the plot was still in the works? Maybe he DID accept, and is now retracting and claiming he wanted nothing to do with it now that LE caught up with what's going on.

I wonder if this landscaper also did work for the school? If he did, he would blend right in.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Also.

Oregonian and WW both seem to have been on to this last week. Oregonian and WW are 86'd from the family press conference. Is it possible that they were contacting family and friends with questions about the landscaper, especially after the story broke about the divorce and RO? When it came out about Kaine's "ground rules" and these two being kicked out of the press conference, someone wondered if they'd published any information too close to the truth. It would appear that they were preparing to do just that.

I know that Oregonian was allowed back into the fold. I wonder if this article here was part of the deal. They showed Kaine what they'd dug up so far on this angle and told him they'd publish this information either with or without his support. Maybe Kaine was their source for much of what we're reading here.

Desiree did not have any legal basis to be "taking" him, and from what we have seen of the controlling behavior of KH, and what we know about situations where a child is being victimized.....the person "in charge" does not let things like that happen against their will.

jmoo

However...IF Terri thought he was being abused..and told Desiree then IMO it could have been looked into. Desiree is Kyrons mother. Not Terri. Its not up to Terri to decide who is safe and who isnt to look after Kyron.

It would take some serious prejudice in someone's mind to assume that just because someone does manual labour they'd be up for something like this or know someone who would be.

I'm offended on behalf of all honest blue collar workers everywhere on this one.

I agree. I don't think she approached him because he's blue collar - I think she tossed the idea out to her lover to gauge his reaction and see if she could talk him into killing her husband. That certainly is not new - many woman have used their lover for that purpose. I imagine pretty soon we'll be hearing how Terri was filling landscaper/lover's head with tales of how abusive Kaine is and how she and her children are in constant fear and danger from him.

This scenario is as old as time.

Respectfully snipped by me.....

While I expected that LE had found out something terrible that had prompted KH to file for immediate divorce and a RO, this turn of events is astounding. Again however, it opens another whole can of worms. Typically, women do such things when the relationship is abusive (seeking revenge), when they are having an affair or when they are looking for financial gain.......

Could be all 3....given the level of crazy this latest tidbit demonstrates. It points to a mental health issue of some sort in my mind. There is some form of personality disorder operating here....which could have come as a result of a history of abuse. We know KH's brother claims that to be true in their family. This is such a mess. I know we try to K.I.S.S., but that just doesn't seem to fit in this tangled web.

Poor poor Kyron. :(

Hmmm.

Remember the WW article where the reporter goes directly up to the house and talks to Terri?

Remember how many of us were confused about why he focused on an un-mowed patch of grass?

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...man-and-whats-changed-at-the-house-this-week/

When I visited on the afternoon of June 23...

That left us with small talk. I complimented her on the family’s hilly one-acre yard, asking whether the family might be planning to make a large unmowed patch at the center into a garden. She said no, and commented on the difficulties of keeping up the property.

I'll be damned. He knew.
Thanks I knew there was a reporter that was interested in their yard but I couldn't find the article. At the time I was like what the heck.. but now it is starting to make sense!

I wonder where she found the lawn man?
Hired through the paper ? Through a friend ? A friend of a friend ?
Met him through some other means and then hired him ?
Did he tell her no job was too difficult ? So she just thought she would ask ??

Being as she told him she would pay him alot of money, could Kyron have been kidnapped for the money that was believed that she had ? Did the lawn man share his information with anyone else besides the LE?
Was she being blackmailed ? And then he was kidnapped ?

I hope and pray they find Kyron alive and well somewhere.

Mods, may we respectfully request a one time only special occasion thread for all the excited utterances today as we all wake up and see this article?

:) :angel: :)

Well.....I have to admit my first reaction was actually to LAUGH. Not by any means because this action is funny, but because of all the bizarre and twisted things that people have projected onto TH in their comments....NO ONE came up with this one, in a way she one-upped her own attackers!

I am betting the cell records/pings/etc. led to this guy who then came out with the story. I wonder if she researched the landscaper's background and had some reason to think that he might consider such a "job".

jmo

If this guy hasn't come up in any threads, maybe you should start one if he seems interesting to look at.

I started a thread- [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5366178#post5366178"]William Althouse- The RSO who cuts off his ankle monitoring bracelet and disappears. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hi - I'm a bit of a lurker....love this board.

I think the reason SM sent the older son away was because of her "plans". An older child would notice things like "gardeners or affairs". I also think when the hire plan didn't work out she decided a missing Kyron might somehow get blamed on the husband. Can't kill him but maybe I can put him in jail. Wasn't the husband at home that day?

My big question is how she managed to get Kyron back out of the school without anyone noticing. Science Fair and talent show...there must have been parents everywhere. With the flaming red hair and white truck...how did they go un-noticed?

Everything about the SM strikes me as desperate. Desperate for what though? An affair, money (do they have alot of money?), custody of the baby?

I think the next card SM plays will be the abuse card.

Maybe they contacted everyone on her cell phone history records?

That's one possibility. Another is that she hired the landscaper through a friend/neighbor/etc and that person went to LE. Another is that a witness reported seeing him over at the house and went to LE...there's many scenarios.

DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a very packed day today, I jump on to see if Kyron had been found and bam this, and I dont have time to read.
However I do have a question. Why are we so quick to beleive this? The article does not say who said this it didn't come from the landscaper, because it said he would not comment we know it didnt come from LE, so why do we beleive this?
IF it is true I am SHOCKED that they would report this after the judge sealed the restraining order to protect the investigation. I am very curious about this case but my need to know is not worth Kyron not being found. JMO
Happy 4th everyone... be safe

Hi - I'm a bit of a lurker....love this board.

I think the reason SM sent the older son away was because of her "plans". An older child would notice things like "gardeners or affairs". I also think when the hire plan didn't work out she decided a missing Kyron might somehow get blamed on the husband. Can't kill him but maybe I can put him in jail. Wasn't the husband at home that day?

My big question is how she managed to get Kyron back out of the school without anyone noticing. Science Fair and talent show...there must have been parents everywhere. With the flaming red hair and white truck...how did they go un-noticed?

Everything about the SM strikes me as desperate. Desperate for what though? An affair, money (do they have alot of money?), custody of the baby?

I think the next card SM plays will be the abuse card.

Hey Catlady, thanks for coming out of lurking..great post!

I agree, the next card she'll play is the abuse one, followed by the insanity card if she's arrested.

I wonder what made them search him out?

There were looking at everyone who had contact with the family, hoping to ferret out a suspect for Kyron's disappearance. She must have written him a check for the yardwork, or maybe they looked at all the phone calls.

They must have been shocked when he came out with that!

Dunno why he didn't come forward himself, other than he didn't believe she was serious, didn't want to get involved, or was an illegal, all reasons others on this site have mentioned.

I'm not 100% sure he wouldn't go along with a murder for hire plot...he didn't go to LE. LE went to him once they found out. Maybe the plot was still in the works? Maybe he DID accept, and is now retracting and claiming he wanted nothing to do with it now that LE caught up with what's going on.

That's what I'm wondering....

He may be someone she's known since elementary school for all we know...maybe he's had a few scrapes with LE and she knows this.

I remember that Wanda Holloway (cheerleading murdering mom) approached her ex husband's brother because he had had lots of minor scrapes with the law...she just assumed he'd be interested.

However, Wanda's ex brother-in-law went to LE right away and was NOT at all interested...

But... TH might have asked lawnguy and in his case, he was interested and waiting for a downpayment for the last few months when LE approached him.

He then "pretends" not to have taken her seriously and knows there's no proof he agreed...no electronic or phone trail. Maybe all his discussions with TH were in person.

OR, maybe he really didn't take her seriously at all and didn't want to turn her in because he didn't take it seriously.

There were looking at everyone who had contact with the family, hoping to ferret out a suspect for Kyron's disappearance. She must have written him a check for the yardwork, or maybe they looked at all the phone calls.

They must have been shocked when he came out with that!

Dunno why he didn't come forward himself, other than he didn't believe she was serious, didn't want to get involved, or was an illegal, all reasons others on this site have mentioned.

That's a good point about the check, although I would've thought Kaine would've then known about the landscaper unless she has separate bank accounts.

Another reason maybe he didn't go to LE is because he was actually going to take her up on that offer. Scary thought, but could be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme