Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She didn't place an ad. She went to the Service Magic website, and selected a landscaper ad to answer.

It's hard for me to swallow that the landscaper is actually a hitman in disguise, who gets customers who want someone killed by advertising lawn mowing on Service Magic. But... I suppose anything is possible.

BeanE, respectfully, you are wrong about this.

I have used Service Magic. You tell the site what kind of service you need and they send you names of landscapers--you then can contact them and they are given your name and number also. You are not given an ad from the landscaper to answer. They are given your information before you ever select them.

BeanE, respectfully, you are wrong about this.

I have used Service Magic. You tell the site what kind of service you need and they send you names of landscapers--you then can contact them and they are given your name and number also. You are not given an ad from the landscaper to answer. They are given your information before you ever select them.

Never have used Service Magic. Can you tell the site that you are looking for a landscaper who is a hit man? mho

I think the whole hitman/MFH is going to basically become a non-issue going forward. I think LE really uncovered some sort of sexual affair between Terri and the LS, who then told LE about an intimate conversation about Terri's wish to become a widow. In those sort of circumstances, if a plan was never formulated, a method discussed or money changed hands, there is not much to prosecute on. You can't really charge someone with a crime for having an indiscreet conversation with a lover. I think he talked to the GJ as he was around Terri, knew Kyron etc. just as others who testified may not have any direct info on either the so-called plot or Kyron's current whereabouts.

I think the whole hitman/MFH is going to basically become a non-issue going forward. I think LE really uncovered some sort of sexual affair between Terri and the LS, who then told LE about an intimate conversation about Terri's wish to become a widow. In those sort of circumstances, if a plan was never formulated, a method discussed or money changed hands, there is not much to prosecute on. You can't really charge someone with a crime for having an indiscreet conversation with a lover. I think he talked to the GJ as he was around Terri, knew Kyron etc. just as others who testified may not have any direct info on either the so-called plot or Kyron's current whereabouts.

If that was the case, I sure as heck wouldn't wait 2 1/2 months to SCREAM to high heaven to the family court judge about a bogus restraining order that was keeping me away from my baby. Judges don't usually sign RO's based on infidelity alone. Otherwise 50% of married people with children could waltz into court and request a RO.

I also doubt that LE would attempt a sting operation if the only information the LS had was TH told him she "wished" her husband was dead.

I'm more inclined to believe there are collaberating text and specifics that LE have at their disposal and were able to verify prior to the botched sting.

we don't know that at all, imo. All we know is that a mortgage lien was recently filed. And it was filed well after TH hired Houze, and well after KH's attorney filed the papers asking where the money came from. I have wondered what the actual timing of the mortgage is and whether it really is the source of her funds. I've been out of town, though, so maybe I missed something.
I just looked this up and the only thing filed on 8-17-10 was an interfamily transfer which only changed the vesting at no value. They changed they way they hold the property. There is no indication of a new mortgage on public records .
The chain of title is not entirely clear but I do not see a refinance at this time . I will keep watching.

I just looked this up and the only thing filed on 8-17-10 was an interfamily transfer which only changed the vesting at no value. They changed they way they hold the property. There is no indication of a new mortgage on public records .
The chain of title is not entirely clear but I do not see a refinance at this time . I will keep watching.

interesting...ty! Here's what was in the msm. I'm assuming you'd seen this already before you looked. But just in case.

Can you say how they hold the property now?

snip~

On Friday, The Oregonian learned that Terri Horman's parents recently refinanced their home with a $165,450 mortgage, paying off the previous mortgage of $86,000. The deed of trust was filed Aug. 17 in Douglas County.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/kyron_hormans_parents_plan_fun.html

interesting...ty! Here's what was in the msm. I'm assuming you'd seen this already before you looked. But just in case.

Can you say how they hold the property now?

snip~

On Friday, The Oregonian learned that Terri Horman's parents recently refinanced their home with a $165,450 mortgage, paying off the previous mortgage of $86,000. The deed of trust was filed Aug. 17 in Douglas County.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/08/kyron_hormans_parents_plan_fun.html
well the previous "mortgage" for 86K was only a revolving line of credit, so we know that is inaccurate right there. I do not see a new mortgage recorded. So, either they are mistaken or I cannot see it yet, both entirely possible. All I see is a transfer of the old vesting or intrafamily transfer with a B&S deed. There is a lienholder for the referenced amount but I cannot see that it is a new loan. I can look at the entire chain at some point and answer that for sure. Perhaps since I am out of state I cannot see reconveyance of an old loan or a new trust deed in favor of a new lender,but not sure that wouldn't show but a B&S deed would. OR maybe they do things really different in Oregon.
The parents still hold title, just not in their trust anymore.

well the previous "mortgage" for 86K was only a revolving line of credit, so we know that is inaccurate right there. I do not see a new mortgage recorded. So, either they are mistaken or I cannot see it yet, both entirely possible. All I see is a transfer of the old vesting or intrafamily transfer with a B&S deed. There is a lienholder for the referenced amount but I cannot see that it is a new loan. I can look at the entire chain at some point and answer that for sure. Perhaps since I am out of state I cannot see reconveyance of an old loan or a new trust deed in favor of a new lender,but not sure that wouldn't show but a B&S deed would. OR maybe they do things really different in Oregon.
The parents still hold title, just not in their trust anymore.

Could the revolving credit line be a home equity loan (a 2nd mortgage)? And I wonder why they took it out of the trust. We need an RE attorney! lol I know just enough to be dangerous ;)

Are you looking at public records or a subscribed site, if I can ask?

If TH is guilty...I feel horrible for her parents to have possibly put a part of their financial future on the line for her.

If TH is guilty...I feel horrible for her parents to have possibly put a part of their financial future on the line for her.

Especially if their only child is charged/tried/convicted of any alleged offenses. TH won't be there to help them in their golden years. Not to mention that if their daughter is convicted their life is limited to letter writing and visitation behind bars. What about baby K and teen J?

If TH is guilty of Kyron's disappearance, she has caused so much distruction in so many peoples lives it's heartwrenching.

This whole thing is tragic if it plays out the way it's seeming to.

I'd so much rather it be a stranger that took Kyron.

OMG, yes but I would think their "financial future" is the furthest thing from their minds right now. If TH is guilty, I can't even imagine what these parents will go through. It'll be hell enough if she's innocent.

OMG, yes but I would think their "financial future" is the furthest thing from their minds right now. If TH is guilty, I can't even imagine what these parents will go through. It'll be hell enough if she's innocent.

If TH is innocent, she might have thought about borrowing or advanced inheritance money from her parents to hire Houze (when she hasn't been charged with anything as of yet and may never will be) as unnecessary. If I was innocent, I don't think I would ask my elderly parents to do anything other than to support me with love.

If she is guilty, she's sending her innocent parents down the toilet bowl along with a whole lot of other people who trusted her.

Could the revolving credit line be a home equity loan (a 2nd mortgage)? And I wonder why they took it out of the trust. We need an RE attorney! lol I know just enough to be dangerous ;)

Are you looking at public records or a subscribed site, if I can ask?
Oh yes it can be a HELOC, it is defintiely a revolving line of credit. I cannot see that it has ever been reconveyed. HELOC's usually show up as the full amount so we have no idea if they owed 86k or zero. It can be paid down or borrowed against and the same amount will always show up on title as it is secured for the whole amount. They may have taken it out of the trust to refinance it, i just don't see a document to support that at this time. There are personal reasons to remove property from a trust and hold it differently.

I use a password protected site, but most would be available on some public site.

Document #: [SIZE=+1]2010-013221[/SIZE] Title Number: 1 Document Type: MTG - MORTGAGE/TRUST DEED, RELATED Doc Sub Type: DOT - DEED OF TRUST Recording Date: 8/17/2010 10:27:57 AM Recording Fees: $131.00 Book & Page:
Consideration: $165,450

I also see the reconveyance so the report is correct. yep it is all there, the report is accurate. I think because I use a CA site it is not as accurate as regular county record search. I would guess they moved the property out of their trust, refinanced it and then put it back in the trust, but not all of it shows up.

http://www.co.douglas.or.us/clerk/search.asp

What bothers me most about this MFH plot is that it's THE defining factor as to when everything changed IMO. No more four family member cooperation, Kaine moves out, Terri hires a lawyer, and becomes much more suspect. Rightfully so. If a person is willing to hire someone to kill their spouse, they could do anything.

But what if it's a mistake/misunderstanding/revenge thing? The police did say that some kind of sexual content was involved between the two, comparing Mr.Cook's sexting with what the landscaper said.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Police-Terri-Hormans-sexting-mirrored-talk-with-landscaper-98369624.html

We don't know anything about what kind of sexual overtures there were. But there apparently were sexual overtures of some sort between the two. Two people having something sexual going on, with one married, certainly can lead to talk about the spouse. How awful they were, how bad they were, and maybe in the heat of the moment something was said but Terri never meant it to be taken seriously. I do think Terri, for whatever reason, felt like Kaine wasn't giving her any attention.

If there was any hard evidence she would be in jail. She called 911 when he showed up too.

What if it's all much ado about nothing?

I will say this, though. Tony is a detective and if he thought something was off, it darned well was. But what if Terri just didn't want Kaine to find out she was cheating on him?

Eh, all just speculation on my part. Still, I hate to think that all this focus on her as a suspect and losing everything important in her life was based on something that was no more than an affair blown up into a MFH plot.

What bothers me most about this MFH plot is that it's THE defining factor as to when everything changed IMO. No more four family member cooperation, Kaine moves out, Terri hires a lawyer, and becomes much more suspect. Rightfully so. If a person is willing to hire someone to kill their spouse, they could do anything.

But what if it's a mistake/misunderstanding/revenge thing? The police did say that some kind of sexual content was involved between the two, comparing Mr.Cook's sexting with what the landscaper said.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Police-Terri-Hormans-sexting-mirrored-talk-with-landscaper-98369624.html

We don't know anything about what kind of sexual overtures there were. But there apparently were sexual overtures of some sort between the two. Two people having something sexual going on, with one married, certainly can lead to talk about the spouse. How awful they were, how bad they were, and maybe in the heat of the moment something was said but Terri never meant it to be taken seriously. I do think Terri, for whatever reason, felt like Kaine wasn't giving her any attention.

If there was any hard evidence she would be in jail. She called 911 when he showed up too.

I will say this, though. Tony is a detective and if he thought something was off, it darned well was. But what if Terri just didn't want Kaine to find out she was cheating on him?

Eh, all just speculation on my part. Still, I hate to think that all this focus on her as a suspect and losing everything important in her life was based on something that was no more than an affair blown up into a MFH plot.

I hear ya! I just don't see how so many agencies can be involved and KH, DY, and TY (LE), could walk away from TH if there wasn't substantiated evidence that TH was up to no good. None of them are dogging her, they are imploring her. Actually, DY is imploring her, TY only made 2 statements in the press and Kaine is just talking about Kyron.

TH however has said NOTHING before and after she supposedly failed a couple of polys and then hired Houze.

Bean, with all due respect, listen to the radio interview with the other landscaper. She did put an "ad" out for every landscaper on the Service Magic website. While it wasn't a technical newspaper ad, it was an "ad" on that website only viewable by the landscapers who participate on said site. Now whether that's the best place in the world to find a hit man, that's pretty much a shot in the dark. The one thing that we do know from the landscaper interviewed on the talk radio show is that she never contacted him to "price match" or see when he could come or what he offered. He tried contacting her multiple times via email and phone with no answer. FWIW, he kept really good notes (and indicates specific dates in the talk radio show). The first date of contact attempted to TH was April 27, 2010. That certainly doesn't "jive" with the 6-8 month thing we have heard in the past.

As I pointed out before when I posted the radio interview link, LE apparently went to that site and contacted EVERY landscaper that "ad" went to and questioned them. Take from that what you will. To me, this implies that LE went through her computer with a fine-toothed comb and followed up on anything and everything (along with monitoring her electronic comings and goings the days following Kyron's disappearance).

Surfie you are quite correct with all of your points made above. And I totally agree with your last paragraph assessment of LE combing thru her computers and phones. There really is no other way they would have known to not only track down the MFH LS but also even questioning the atleast one other LS of which you also speak about above.

As for the "servicemagic" ad that she placed. Well, I went to the site myself earlier tonite and went thru the entire procedures for placing an "ad".. I posted an "ad" with all of my contact info along with check marking the appropriate service that I am inquiring about. I then had to write out the details of the service I am needing done. This "ad" in which I am detailing the needed services is then posted to all of the companies/individuals who are members of the site, in my area, and available for their expertise to do the job I have requested.

After having just placed this ad thru servicemagic just earlier this evening I have already had 3 landscapers contact me after having read my ad to offer their services and also to give me a price quote.. I am assuming the LS you mentioned in your post[from the radio show] did quite similarly what these landscapers have done with me this evening[as in contacting Terri from her ad she placed on the site]...So, this is how it works learning from having just done this exact thing Terri did in looking for a LS. atleast this is how service magic works for looking for LS.

O/T from Surfie TX..
In reference to the posts about Terri seeking a hitman thru service magic by means of hiring a LS from this site WITH THE INTENTION OF ONCE HIRING LS TO THEN ASK HIM TO KILL HER HUBBY..

That is just making light of the fact that Terri was involved in MFH with a landscaper. I wouldn't think that anyone would have to explain that most likely Terri did not go searching this site for a hitman as her ulterior motive.[that is just silly and IMO silly it is NOT in dealing with a MFH plot] ..

The way I see things are not silly or comical at all, not far fetched but rather quite plausible.. Meaning IMO Terri set out to hire a LS for the reason of the work that he did in the Hormans back yard and that it was only after LS and Terri having met and having an employee/employer relationship with him doing such work, that it was during this time that he and Terri "hit it off" talking, flirting, and only GOD knows what else[referring to RO that says LE stated that the sexual graphic texts btwn Terri and MC were similar in nature to those texts that LE had seen btwn Terri and LS..yuk.yuk]

And IMO it is at some point after Terri and LS having this "friendship" of sorts that Terri brought up the MFH.. And IMO I believe it slowly was built. NOT just wham-bam-LS-kill-my -hubby-NOW, but rather the topic was eased in subtly possibly even with hints dropped here and there of Kaine being abusive, mean, etc...
Now I would say put that way^[as I just stated above] its not only believable but IMO quite plausible and quite close to the way things happened.. jmo

Surfie you are quite correct with all of your points made above. And I totally agree with your last paragraph assessment of LE combing thru her computers and phones. There really is no other way they would have known to not only track down the MFH LS but also even questioning the atleast one other LS of which you also speak about above.

As for the "servicemagic" ad that she placed. Well, I went to the site myself earlier tonite and went thru the entire procedures for placing an "ad".. I posted an "ad" with all of my contact info along with check marking the appropriate service that I am inquiring about. I then had to write out the details of the service I am needing done. This "ad" in which I am detailing the needed services is then posted to all of the companies/individuals who are members of the site, in my area, and available for their expertise to do the job I have requested.

After having just placed this ad thru servicemagic just earlier this evening I have already had 3 landscapers contact me after having read my ad to offer their services and also to give me a price quote.. I am assuming the LS you mentioned in your post[from the radio show] did quite similarly what these landscapers have done with me this evening[as in contacting Terri from her ad she placed on the site]...So, this is how it works learning from having just done this exact thing Terri did in looking for a LS. atleast this is how service magic works for looking for LS.

O/T from Surfie TX..
In reference to the posts about Terri seeking a hitman thru service magic by means of hiring a LS from this site WITH THE INTENTION OF ONCE HIRING LS TO THEN ASK HIM TO KILL HER HUBBY..

That is just making light of the fact that Terri was involved in MFH with a landscaper. I wouldn't think that anyone would have to explain that most likely Terri did not go searching this site for a hitman as her ulterior motive.[that is just silly and IMO silly it is NOT in dealing with a MFH plot] ..

The way I see things are not silly or comical at all, not far fetched but rather quite plausible.. Meaning IMO Terri set out to hire a LS for the reason of the work that he did in the Hormans back yard and that it was only after LS and Terri having met and having an employee/employer relationship with him doing such work, that it was during this time that he and Terri "hit it off" talking, flirting, and only GOD knows what else[referring to RO that says LE stated that the sexual graphic texts btwn Terri and MC were similar in nature to those texts that LE had seen btwn Terri and LS..yuk.yuk]

And IMO it is at some point after Terri and LS having this "friendship" of sorts that Terri brought up the MFH.. And IMO I believe it slowly was built. NOT just wham-bam-LS-kill-my -hubby-NOW, but rather the topic was eased in subtly possibly even with hints dropped here and there of Kaine being abusive, mean, etc...
Now I would say put that way^[as I just stated above] its not only believable but IMO quite plausible and quite close to the way things happened.. jmo

Post of the day!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I personally disagree. I think the MFH was extra proof of her guilt, extra icing on the cake for them. Think about it. If they could have got solid proof, like her admitting to it on tape, that it happened, they'd have her in jail right now. It blew up in their faces, but I can see why they tried it even though there are other ways to get her to admit it than going straight to her door. Now she's lawyered up and not talking. It's easier to solve another case on the same person when you can get that person on something different and put them in jail. For example, Al Capone wasn't brought down for being a gangster, he was brought down for being a tax evader.

And they are not going investigate someone for a missing child SOLELY on the fact that there was previous MFH. That would be irresponsible. No, they are investigating her because of the holes in her alibi, and probably other things like the teacher telling them exactly what was said to her and that it wasn't her miscontruing or mishearing anything. They are not investigating TH solely because of her loose morals or mouth. They are investigating her because of her lies and bad alibi, and because she was the last adult to see Kyron. I have so much more faith in LE than to think that they would go after someone purely for soap opera reasons. A lot more people would be in trouble with the law if that was the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MairinAmaliah