Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The landscaper was one of the first to be questioned by the GJ....and still no indictment for the MFHP. IMO, that tells us something huge, that LE could not produce enough evidence to indict for the MFH, even with the testimony of the LS. That being said, I wonder if there was even enough evidence to "warn" Kaine and for Kaine to use that as the basis for the RO. And I'm hoping this whole MFHP scenario doesn't turn out to be one big mistake by LE. We already know the "sting" was. I wonder what would happen if that turns out to be so, what would the ramifications be, besides LE having egg on their faces?

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/three-months-later-wheres-kyron/19616665
According to a former FBI agent who has worked dozens of missing-person cases, that's not unusual in an investigation of this nature.

"I can only speculate, but based upon my experience, I can tell you there are two types of cases," Harold Copus, now head of Copus Security Consultants in Atlanta, told AOL News. "There are quick-hit cases that require little investigation and result in a quick arrest, and then there are cases, such as this one, that require an intensive investigation."

Copus added: "Quite frankly, if you don't do X, Y and Z in cases like this, you will get egg on your face."

BBM You pointed out something interesting to think about. Kaine and Desiree really don't seem to believe Terri is capable of murdering Kyron even though they know about the MFH plot.

Hiring someone to do her dirty work is one thing, but to physically harm a child by herself is a gigantic leap. I am one that believes she hired someone to take Kyron. Transferred to this person either at the school or very nearby. Possibly sold out of country or murdered. I don't think she did it herself. But my theory isn't without it's holes for sure.

Hiring someone to do her dirty work is one thing, but to physically harm a child by herself is a gigantic leap. I am one that believes she hired someone to take Kyron. Transferred to this person either at the school or very nearby. Possibly sold out of country or murdered. I don't think she did it herself. But my theory isn't without it's holes for sure.

One of those holes is the assertion by Kaine and Desiree that Kyron is alive. I hope they are right, but I do know that here in town, the mother's assertion that her child was alive derailed a murder trial of a man who was accused of not only killing the boy, but eating him. He was sentenced to prison for crimes against other children (who survived) and died in prison, never confessing or easing Rachel's mind about where her child is.

I don't wish that for any parent. To that end, I surely hope LE has more than gossip and speculation to take a perp to trial.

BBM. IMO, the red bold is the reason why I disagree with the green bold.
Terri said in her email that she felt LE suspected her already on June 5th. I don't think LE had tracked the landscaper and got his story so early.

I don't think she said LE suspected her. IRRC.....she said "they" were blaming her in the blogs. I presume that meant the people who commented after newspaper articles?

BBM. IMO, the red bold is the reason why I disagree with the green bold.
Terri said in her email that she felt LE suspected her already on June 5th. I don't think LE had tracked the landscaper and got his story so early.

Is there another email besides these where Terri says "she felt LE suspected her already on June 5th"? I don't see anything like that in these.

I typed up Terri's email excerpts up from what is shown on the screen in this video:
http://www.katu.com/news/local/100323934.html?tab=video

Screenshot 1:
The teacher thought I said I was going to take Kyron with K**** for a doctor’s appt. I said I was going to look at other exhibits – how do you mess that up? His coat and backpack were still at school. I left the school at 9 and he was seen with a man “chaperone” and 2 girls after I left. There were no men on the chaperone list. That and it was highly chaotic – had to have been 300 people running around – no coordination…”

Screenshot 2:
I didn’t just drop him off, I spent time with him, took pictures and he was in safe hands I thought as I watched him walk down the hall. Kids saw him after I left. Teacher put him as absent at 10am. Someplace between 9-10 is when we think it happened. I have a receipt showing I was checked out at Fred Meyer 7 miles away at 9:12am. I went to another FM looking for meds for K**** they didn’t have at the first FM. Then I was trying to get K**** to...

Screenshot 3:
...sleep in the truck for a few minutes, but no go, so off to the gym at 11:20. Out at 12:20. Home at 12:45. Kaine home at 2. Bus at 3:30. That was my day – they keep asking me. Now on my 5th interview with them…

Screenshot 4:
The past 2 weeks he’s been acting really weird. Staring off into space. Can’t remember anything. Walks into the room and then back out, stopping to stare and then move on. The doc thinks he is having mini seizures and I made an appt. on Thursday for the next Friday to have him checked out.

Is there another email besides these where Terri says "she felt LE suspected her already on June 5th"? I don't see anything like that in these.

IIRC, the only one accusing TH (that we know of) on the day after Kyron went missing, were some bloggers at the bottom of a news article, and that is whom TH was angry with. I posted the link to some of those blogs (somewhere?). They were based on the pertinent information that "she was THE stepmother" and "she was the last person to see Kyron", so of course she did it. That sort of trash, which DOES make me wonder, why TH would have been concerned with that kinda' garbage anyway, though.

Right, my mistake, I remembered the title "they're blaming me" but she said "on the blogs". It's in the story.

Terri Horman e-mails: 'They are blaming me'

But she does sound a bit frustrated (IMO) that LE keeps interviewing her and asking her about her day which (again IMO) suggests that they didn't believe her account of her day from the start.

But she does sound a bit frustrated (IMO) that LE keeps interviewing her and asking her about her day which (again IMO) suggests that they didn't believe her account of her day from the start.

This part indicates that:

"That was my day – they keep asking me. Now on my 5th interview with them…"

IMO there is just no proof of the MFH plot....the guy in question could easily be lying.

I'm remembering that TH placed an ad to hire a landscaper, more than one responded to the ad (I believe this was on NG). I'm wondering why she would have needed to place an ad for a landscaper when her best friend was a landscaper.
I'd also like to know if anyone in the Portland area had a landscaper plant a large tree on June 4th. I'm talking about a tree with a large root that would have required a rather large, deep hole.

Terri didn't place an ad to hire a landscaper. She answered an ad the landscaper had placed on a site on which landscapers (and other professionals) advertise their services.

Right, my mistake, I remembered the title "they're blaming me" but she said "on the blogs". It's in the story.

Kaine was also interviewed "heavily" (his word) through until Tuesday June 8, according to his account in the 25 minute audio interview with the Oregonian. Does that suggest LE didn't believe his account of his day from the start?

I'll also note that they did this with Kaine despite an apparent alibi working at the Intel office during the timeframe in which Kyron went missing.

It doesn't sound to me like LE didn't believe either of their accounts. It sounds to me like LE was doing their job, and doing it well, spending the most time questioning and re-questioning the persons closest to Kyron, according to standard procedures in a case like this.

Terri didn't place an ad to hire a landscaper. She answered an ad the landscaper had placed on a site on which landscapers (and other professionals) advertise their services.

She went through Service Magic. She did have to describe her need to get started using the service. Here's a link: http://www.servicemagic.com/

Based on Tony's information, TH was frustrated BEFORE LE ever interviewed her. Why before she's even been interviewed?

BBM

On Desiree's husband Tony says that as early as the first night of the investigation, the very day Kyron went missing, he explained to the family what to expect from detectives. Tony expresses surprise at Terri Horman's reaction:
TONY YOUNG: I explained to each person that now our lives are not private anymore, that the investigators are going to want to know very detailed information about our lives ...

TONY YOUNG: She instantly started to express some displeasure at that and not wanting -- feeling like she was persecuted. And I thought that was kind of an unusual reaction that early.
Tony reveals to "Dateline" that the police asked Terri Horman to submit to a polygraph more than once:
TONY YOUNG: I thought something must not be right. Something must not be allowing them to check her off the list.

KATE SNOW: Is it possible, though, that she was just nervous, that she didn't pass her lie detector test with flying colors because she was emotional or upset or--

TONY YOUNG: There's more to it than just that... The information that you're giving, does it does it hit your ear and sound right? Does it make sense?

KATE SNOW: She wasn't making sense?
TONY YOUNG: Not from the information I heard from her.

http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/07/26/4754609-monday-inside-kyrons-family-circle

I don't know if DDS (if that's who you're referring to) is TH's "best friend" but I do know she's not a landscaper (or grass mower/berry wrangler).
DDS is recently interested in food gardening on home and small farm lots.

I know you are from Portland (pdx), so maybe you or another Oregonian can answer this:

Would the kind of gardening Dede was into put her in a position to hear that there were "hitmen" or criminals for hire among certain groups of landscapers?

I am imagining Dede telling this to Terri in an offhand or excited way, and Terri thinking, "Hmmm..I'd love to get rid of Kaine...have to put an ad thru Service Magic or ask my neighbor down the street or the landscapers at school if they might know who could do something like that..."

Which would explain why there seem to be several landscapers involved in this case.

Kaine was also interviewed "heavily" (his word) through until Tuesday June 8, according to his account in the 25 minute audio interview with the Oregonian. Does that suggest LE didn't believe his account of his day from the start?

I'll also note that they did this with Kaine despite an apparent alibi working at the Intel office during the timeframe in which Kyron went missing.

It doesn't sound to me like LE didn't believe either of their accounts. It sounds to me like LE was doing their job, and doing it well, spending the most time questioning and re-questioning the persons closest to Kyron, according to standard procedures in a case like this.

IMO there are two kinds of interviewing. Well, probably more. Any parents of missing children are hopefully interviewed several times because LE needs to know their alibi, the family connections, the identifying characteristics of their child, the child's medical information, the details about the child's day, family history, what happened the previous days and weeks, if there are any obvious suspects and people who might have a motive, things that the child likes doing and places that the child may have attempted to go to, etcetera. Just because someone has been interviewed several times doesn't mean that his or her story is disbelieved if they get asked lots of different questions about several different topics.

But I am going to start to worry that they don't believe me if I ever have a child go missing and the police interviews me five times in 24 hours about "Donjeta, please tell us again where you were when your child went missing." "Donjeta, we'd really like you to clarify about your day." "Donjeta, could we talk about your alibi again?" "Please describe your timeline one more time." "Is there anybody who can verify that you really did this?" "

Of course if I have no credible witnesses for my alibi they may want to repeat the questions a few times even if they tend to believe me to see if they can trip me up but if LE keeps asking me the same questions all over again and then some I'm going to get freaked out because they don't seem to be able to verify my story, eliminate me and move on to the questions that might help find my child.

I haven't come across with any interviews in which Kaine, Tony or Desiree complained that LE keeps asking them about their alibi over and over and over again.

Based on Tony's information, TH was frustrated BEFORE LE ever interviewed her. Why before she's even been interviewed?

BBM

On Desiree's husband Tony says that as early as the first night of the investigation, the very day Kyron went missing, he explained to the family what to expect from detectives. Tony expresses surprise at Terri Horman's reaction:
TONY YOUNG: I explained to each person that now our lives are not private anymore, that the investigators are going to want to know very detailed information about our lives ...

TONY YOUNG: She instantly started to express some displeasure at that and not wanting -- feeling like she was persecuted. And I thought that was kind of an unusual reaction that early.
Tony reveals to "Dateline" that the police asked Terri Horman to submit to a polygraph more than once:
TONY YOUNG: I thought something must not be right. Something must not be allowing them to check her off the list.

KATE SNOW: Is it possible, though, that she was just nervous, that she didn't pass her lie detector test with flying colors because she was emotional or upset or--

TONY YOUNG: There's more to it than just that... The information that you're giving, does it does it hit your ear and sound right? Does it make sense?

http://insidedateline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/07/26/4754609-monday-inside-kyrons-family-circle

This is fascinating. I had never seen this interview before.

So there's Terri, on the very first day that Kyron is gone...can't be more than several hours after he didn't get off the school bus, and apparently, even before she was ever first questioned by the police, she's uncomfortable at the thought of answering questions, and is already feeling persecuted.

Whatever awful thing Kyron is possibly enduring at that very moment does not take precedence over her own desires to protect herself, not Kyron.

Amazing.

She went through Service Magic. She did have to describe her need to get started using the service. Here's a link: http://www.servicemagic.com/

A day after word breaks that the stepmother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman tried to hire a landscaper to kill her husband Kaine, another landscaper tells KXL that he followed up on a third-party lead. Identifying himself as Zach of All-American Cleaning and Landscape, he says he called and emailed Terri Horman several times with no response in late April and early May when she was looking for "yard clean-up on a medium-sized yard". He feels that he just didn't fit what she was looking for. Zach called into the Lars Larson show:

http://www.kxl.com/pages/7620648.php?

Do we know that Terri hadn't been interviewed before they had that discussion with Tony? I would imagine that LE interviewed her and Kaine the first thing when they first got the call that Kyron was missing.

This is fascinating. I had never seen this interview before.

So there's Terri, on the very first day that Kyron is gone...can't be more than several hours after he didn't get off the school bus, and apparently, even before she was ever first questioned by the police, she's uncomfortable at the thought of answering questions, and is already feeling persecuted.

Whatever awful thing Kyron is possibly enduring at that very moment does not take precedence over her own desires to protect herself, not Kyron.

Amazing.

MarieFaith...

I've read two of your posts today and both times you have amazed me how you were able to focus in on how TH should have been feeling in those early hours of Kyron's disappearance. You really are adept at this and it really helped me to put it back into perspective as to how she was reacting to certain things!

BBM

She may have felt persecuted and/or accused before LE interviewed her, but we know from Desiree's own words that she, Desiree, suspected Terri from the very first phone call. If Terri sensed that accusation, or if Desiree accused her directly or indirectly, that would be a reason to feel persecuted, especially if Terri is innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry