Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post here...

Anyways, my opinion about the "murder for hire" story is that TH is mentally unstable. Have we thought about drugs? Alcohol with anti-depressants? These things can make one crazy and maybe when she was drunk and upset she asked the landscaper to kill her husband?

The point is, it seems like we are dealing with an extremely unstable women and whatever the context behind this story, it probably means she is capable of hurting those close to her. I mean, Kyron is still GONE.

Comment by me:

As far as I'm concerned, this "landscaper" had a moral, if not legal, responsibility to come forward to LE several months ago when TH allegedly approached him & offered to pay him money to "kill her husband". IMO, it makes no difference whether or not he took her seriously or may have thought it was a "joke". I, for one, am not convinced that he didn't believe her @ the time of the alleged criminal solicitation.

BBM

We don't know the content of the conversation between TH and the landscaper. Certainly, TH could have said it in a joking tone and manner. The landscaper could have thought it was a joke, because who would expect a middle class mother to ask that question in all seriousness?

I sure wouldn't. I'd think the mother was frazzled, maybe mad at her husband, but I would not in a million years think she was serious unless she approached me in a serious, businesslike manner.

Also, we don't know who the landscaper is. Is he the owner of the company? Is he an employee? He sure doesn't want to make trouble for a customer when he thinks it is a joke. If he is an employee, he could get fired for that.

Let's pretend that the landscaper is also her lover. Perhaps he took it as idle speculation, not as a serious request, more like wistful, wishful thinking, a fantasy, nothing more.

On the way home from a vacation a few days ago, my husband and I passed the time plotting the perfect murder (not of one of us). If someone in our life is killed after that, we will not suspect one another, or mention this conversation to the police. We were passing the time, is all, in a way that is normal for us.

I don't think we have enough information about the landscaper situation.

And this is what convinces me that whatever happened in the Horman household that resulted in Terri's son having to find a new residence was something Terri was powerless to (in fighting to keep son there).

Obviously it wasn't an option for the son to relocate to the home of his adoptive father, the man who had raised him from the age of 2 or 3, but instead, he is residing with his biological father who apparently was not involved in his life and allowed another man to adopt his child.

Lots of issues for this young man to deal with...I hope he is doing well and is being afforded some privacy...

....more collateral damage at the hands of Terri Horman. She has ruined a whole lot of lives. Many people will never, ever be the same. Will live the rest of their lives in grief and possibly guilt- "what if I had done this or that differently?" kind of thinking....Does this give her some perverse pleasure?

This is my first post here...

Anyways, my opinion about the "murder for hire" story is that TH is mentally unstable. Have we thought about drugs? Alcohol with anti-depressants? These things can make one crazy and maybe when she was drunk and upset she asked the landscaper to kill her husband?

The point is, it seems like we are dealing with an extremely unstable women and whatever the context behind this story, it probably means she is capable of hurting those close to her. I mean, Kyron is still GONE.

:Welcome-12-june:

And this is what convinces me that whatever happened in the Horman household that resulted in Terri's son having to find a new residence was something Terri was powerless to (in fighting to keep son there).

Obviously it wasn't an option for the son to relocate to the home of his adoptive father, the man who had raised him from the age of 2 or 3, but instead, he is residing with his biological father who apparently was not involved in his life and allowed another man to adopt his child.

Lots of issues for this young man to deal with...I hope he is doing well and is being afforded some privacy...

Wasnt he actually at his grandparents at one point also?

And incidentally saying that Terri was powerless in stopping having her son sent away - firstly she could have moved out with her son. I am sorry but any mother worth her salt IF there was problems would put the son before the partner.

BBM

We don't know the content of the conversation between TH and the landscaper. Certainly, TH could have said it in a joking tone and manner. The landscaper could have thought it was a joke, because who would expect a middle class mother to ask that question in all seriousness?

I sure wouldn't. I'd think the mother was frazzled, maybe mad at her husband, but I would not in a million years think she was serious unless she approached me in a serious, businesslike manner.

Also, we don't know who the landscaper is. Is he the owner of the company? Is he an employee? He sure doesn't want to make trouble for a customer when he thinks it is a joke. If he is an employee, he could get fired for that.

I don't think we have enough information.

I don't know how it is out west but here in the east we have huge landscaping companies (privately owned) that employ a whole lot (almost 100%) hispanic workers who I suspect are not all here legally. Not a political statement, just sayin'. They also do a magnificent job and my landscaper SIL who has his own very small business cannot compete with them as they swoop in on a lawn 10 or 15 strong and finish it in record time and move on the to next one...I wonder if the man Terri approached was possibly (or appeared to Terri to be) an illegal who she figured wouldn't go to the cops.
Because I think you'de have to be incredibly stupid or have cahones pretty large to approach someone with such a proposition.
No factual basis for my supposition, just wondering if this is why she felt "safe" asking this guy to consider such a thing?

Kaine had custody of Kyron and as it wasnt dependent on him having of him being married to Terri i fail to see why he would have gone to Desirees in the event of a divorce. However ..we do know that Terri had a history of affairs ( according to her ex husband) and IMO SHE was probably having a affair with the gardener. Because Terri has said he was having a affair it means nothing to me. If Terri said the sky was blue I would have to check myself ..i think she says whatever suits her at the time.

JMO

Oh I forgot about her ex and the fact she cheated on him. Not saying Kaine didn't cheat, but I bet that's just something she told her landscaper friend to make him feel sorry for her, or make him feel like Kaine deserved it. Who knows, maybe both Terri and Kaine had affairs! It wouldn't be the most unheard thing in the world.

Wasnt he actually at his grandparents at one point also?

And incidentally saying that Terri was powerless in stopping having her son sent away - firstly she could have moved out with her son. I am sorry but any mother worth her salt IF there was problems would put the son before the partner.

Do we know for sure that he was "sent away"? Maybe he realized he was the most sane member of the family who was over the age of 12 and decided he had to get outta there! Who knows what he might have overheard, from either Terri or Kaine, or even the landscaper?

Her looks went from one extreme to the other, but if she acted nutty or evil then why did Kaine allow her to take full responsibility of his child. IMO, Kyron should have been with his mother once she recovered.

I don't think she acted nutty or evil around Kaine, at least. I shudder to think, if she is guilty, how she treated Kyron when they were alone together.

Having kids, and having been around a ton of middle class mothers with their children over the last 16 years, my kids and I have both noticed how some mothers act differently when they are with their in public. We only hope these mothers revert to treating their kids like people at home.

I will try to explain it, using a visit to the grocery store as an example (I could use a visit to our home, too -- this is easier).

I would take my kids to the store. I spoke to them in a normal tone of voice, just like they were anyone else. I'd see other mothers there, and they were talking to their kids in a syrupy sweet tone of voice, and more high pitched than is natural. They would say, "Sweetheart, won't you behave for Mommy? Let's go over here and look at cereal. We can't buy Pop Tarts today. They aren't good for your little tum-tum."

Me, same situation, same age kids: "Octavia, Pop Tarts are expensive and are not nutritious, and I am not going to buy them. Cheerios are okay. You like them. Come on, you can pick out which kind you want."

I don't know if I've communicated this well. But the syrupy, high pitched voice and words like tum-tum got to me. I used to think I was a bad mother because I was not talking to my kids like that and so many were.

I mentioned this to my kids when they were old enough to understand what I was talking about. They jumped right on the bandwagon with tons of examples of how adults (mostly moms and teachers) speak to children. They are glad I treated them like people, and that is exactly how they put it.

They are teenagers now, and they still notice this difference -- IOW, it's not just with preschoolers. It upsets my kids when adults do not treat them like people and one or more of them has an example of this every single day.

The upshot is that there are plenty of mothers who put on an act around their children and in public. I don't know how, or if, they sustain that at home, but I doubt it.

Wow... I'm having alot of trouble with this story... The property looks far from the grace of any landscaping... JMO...but I'm not buying into this story yet.... :p

In my experience, every yard man calls himself a landscaper, even if all he does (and markets himself to do) is mow, rake (or blow) leaves, and dig holes so I can plant bushes.

Do we know for sure that he was "sent away"? Maybe he realized he was the most sane member of the family who was over the age of 12 and decided he had to get outta there! Who knows what he might have overheard, from either Terri or Kaine, or even the landscaper?

Lol that actually made me laugh.

I think at 16 you dont like authority..and as a step parent of two that age i know its not the easiest thing in the world. In my case my step son was grabbing my arms and i was covered in bruises on my arms and legs. His ex was also interfering and eventually he was given the choice of whether he remained with us ( although things would have to change) or he could go and live with the step mother who was interfering. In addition like that househouse we had younger children here. Its ok saying that Kaine sent him away ( although theres no proof of this) but maybe its not as clear cut and dried as its being made out to be.

JMO

...(snipped)...I wonder if the man Terri approached was possibly (or appeared to Terri to be) an illegal who she figured wouldn't go to the cops.
Because I think you'de have to be incredibly stupid or have cahones pretty large to approach someone with such a proposition...

I believe it must have been the latter!

I've seen the bodybuilding pics. Nothin' natural about that! Her "everything" was larger than mine and my Hubby's put together! JMO:sick:

Ya know...I thought the same thing...They all looked horrible during that 1st press conference...but we have not seen anything of Terri since... Now comes Desiree with her hair nicely permed and wearing make up and fake eyelashes....Doesn't seem fair at all... :( On top of that, they are showing her mugshot from her 2005 DUI...

I thought TH looked pretty in that mugshot -- certainly a lot better than most people in their mugshots that I've seen.

I wonder if DY's hair and makeup is courtesy of the TV people.

A judge overturned the order to keep the doc sealed, so we should be seeing it shortly right? Pickie Chickie gave us a link, IIRC and the judge indicated it would not jeopardize the investigation to have the RO released.

I'm pretty sure the RO is still sealed.

"A restraining order between the Horman's remains sealed by a judge. KXL and other members of the media are fighting in court to bring that information public. This may also make it clearer as to why Kryon's biological mother made a plea last week for Terri to cooperate with authorities."

http://www.kxl.com/BREAKING-NEWS--Horman-Murder-For-Hire-Plot-Alleged/7612451

Maybe someone can find out for sure. Last I knew the decision to unseal the RO was postponed until July 12.

Somehow the story was leaked through unnamed sources and we learned the hitman scheme.

I think Terri's lawyer has yet to play his hand. Kinda waiting for him to throw out a trump card.

Do I see a fence over there?

I thought TH looked pretty in that mugshot -- certainly a lot better than most people in their mugshots that I've seen.

I wonder if DY's hair and makeup is courtesy of the TV people.

Does it really matter??

What does matter is that her little boy is missing and has been for a month now :(

BTW, if somebody ever approached me about killing someone I'd tell them I wouldn't do it but for a fee I'd look into it for them. Then I'd alert the PD and hopefully get them caught in recorded discussions then.

You sound like a smart guy who is not afraid of LE. I like your idea -- let LE determine whether or not to take it seriously. This is now what I would do if anyone asks me to kill another person for them.

Not everyone is smart enough to come up with that plan, though. Plenty of folks are afraid of LE for various reasons, or they don't want to get involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrewWA