Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes sense to me anyway. I was a bit surprised to hear Kaine say that they hadn't taken the family computers because it seems like a standard operating procedure to help ruling the family out, but maybe he secretly okayed the computer search and LE didn't want Terri to know.

The second I heard the question about the computers, and Kaine's answer, I knew it was simply a matter of semantics.

Reporter, "have they taken your computers?"
Kaine, "no."

Well, IMO he could be telling the absolute truth, they didn't take the computers, they just searched them on site. They could have brought in giant external hard drives, copied absolutely everything, and then taken the copies back to the investigation headquarters where a detective could peruse them with a fine toothed comb.

Still, they didn't literally "take" them.

I haven't caught up with reading all the threads yet. I've seen enough to know I've been wrong about everything I first thought about this case & this family. Still, the only thing that should matter to anyone is finding Kyron. Where is he???

What kind of evidence would convince y'all that your spouse was trying to get you killed? Would just some shady whacko claiming so be enough?

No. I would need definitive evidence because it is way beyond my comprehension that my husband would try to hire someone to kill me. He's not that type of person. If one of our children went missing, God forbid, that would not change my mind.

It is odd to me that we have not heard this guy's identity....somebody knows him and you would think he would have confided in someone....odd that someone has not "ratted" him out. IMO

Just to clarify.......just one media report stated that Terri SUPPOSIVELY told the landscaper that Kaine was having an affair.....(hence her reason for wanting a hit)

So at this point, it is a second hand account of an allegation from a "questionable" party....

Honestly, I think there are probably more then one questionable source to many reports. I think if we only discussed what LE will comment on, we will have absolutely not much to talk about. No one even knows who the source is for this whole article. So affair or not, if it is true she tried to hire the lawnguy to kill her husband, it could have very well been an off day, and pissed off cuz her husband wouldn't mow the lawn, and she had to hire a lawnguy to do it.

No. I would need definitive evidence because it is way beyond my comprehension that my husband would try to hire someone to kill me. He's not that type of person.

I would need videotaped evidence of the deal going down cos my hubby is too cheap to pay anyone to do such a thing LOL.

Where was Terri going to get the money to pay the landscaper, out of Kaines own earnings? That's even worse, IMO.

It is odd to me that we have not heard this guy's identity....somebody knows him and you would think he would have confided in someone....odd that someone has not "ratted" him out. IMO

I think at least some of the news media know who he is but chose not to tell, didn't the Oregonian article say they had talked to him?

But I expect it'll come out eventually. There must be people who know who did Terry's lawn.

I find it ironic/ fascinating that the reporter who just walked up to Terri Hormans door a couple weeks ago and tried to interview her got her to talk about nothing but the lawn. HUH???

Latest related news stories for reference:

The Oregonian - Today's headlines: Sheriff says "no comment" on alleged murder-for-hire plot in Horman case;
Updated: Monday, July 05, 2010, 7:15 AM
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...n_alleged_murder-for-hire_plot_in_horman.html
Note: This is where the original story on the murder for hire came from.

The Oregonian - Kyron Horman case: Sheriff says 'no comment' on Oregonian's murder-for-hire story
Updated: Monday, July 05, 2010, 7:57 AM
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/kyron_horman_case_sheriff_says.html

KGW - Source: Terri Horman tried to have husband killed
Updated today at 7:51 AM
http://www.kgw.com/news/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

KPTV - Sources: Terri Horman Accused In Plot To Kill Husband
UPDATED: 7:48 am PDT July 5, 2010
http://www.kptv.com/news/24139076/detail.html

So after sleeping on this news I would be of the opinion that LE is working a theory that it is entirely possibly Kyron is still alive and someone associated with or hired by TMH has him. It is quite possible that this was either a possible ransom scenario or someone thought there would be a quite sizeable reward out for Kyron's safe return ... I certainly hope Kyron is still alive and if someone is holding him their best bet at this point is to drop him off somewhere and get out of dodge, and hope it doesn't bite them in the bum on their way out .... jmo

You sound like a smart guy who is not afraid of LE. I like your idea -- let LE determine whether or not to take it seriously.

Not everyone is smart enough to come up with that plan, though. Plenty of folks are afraid of LE for various reasons, or they don't want to get involved.

The Wanda Holloway case (she tried to hire a hitman to kill her daughter's cheerleading rival's mother) reminds me of this.

She approached her ex-husband's brother about the hit because he had had minor scrapes with the law and she assumed he'd be interested.

In a documentary I saw about the case, he said that to prevent her from going to someone else and the woman being killed and that because he had had minor scrapes with the law, he went strainght to LE and he helped them set up a sting...wore a wire pretending to be interested.

He said that because he had a slightly shady past, he knew she might try to frame him or set him up...but he mainly didn't want murder on his head by doing nothing if he said no and she went to someone else.

The fact that she approached the landscaper months ago and he is only just now coming forward makes me thing he either:

(A) was interested and maybe waiting for a downpayment

or

(B) in fact really actually thought she was kidding and wouldn't have been interested anyway...but really didn't take her seriously

He may not have come forward after Kyron went missing because he was scared of being set up or framed. But once LE approached him, he spilled what he knew then LE confirmed he was truthful by bugging her.

Just thinking out loud...

If Terri tried to hire this landscaper to kill Kaine, I would think the money would be from Insurance to pay him off. Now if she did in fact tried and failed at this, would she hire a man to take Kyron? How would she account for the payoff? Or did she just arrange for him to be taken?

Re-post for ease of referencing purposes. Press release yesterday from the Sheriff's office. There are no further press releases since this one.

News Releases
Multnomah County Sheriff's Office has no comments regarding the July 4, 2010 Oregonian story - 07/04/10
There will be no comment from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office regarding the information reported in the July 4, 2010 Oregonian. The information released in the Oregonian article did NOT come from the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. This is an ongoing investigation.
There is no press conference scheduled for today or tomorrow.

http://www.flashalert.net/news.html?id=1276

If Terri tried to hire this landscaper to kill Kaine, I would think the money would be from Insurance to pay him off. Now if she did in fact tried and failed at this, would she hire a man to take Kyron? How would she account for the payoff? Or did she just arrange for him to be taken?

Payment could have been something other than money.

I always thought insurance was a bit iffy regarding murder, or disappearances ? Would anyone wait for insurance to be paid , especially if it took years or it never came through?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member