Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't even think of that Jack. I agree, I am not convinced either, not till LE makes a statement.

It would certainly fit with the theory that the child MAY still be alive somewhere. However, unfortunately anyone who would want to take a child that old probably wouldn't be taking them to raise so if he is still alive he probably wont be for long. Just the thought of this turns my stomach and if such a thing turns out to be true I personally want to flip the switch when judgement day comes. Course there would probably be a long line of folks feeling the same way.

I don't think so. The HUGE risk for both TH and the hired killer is the death penalty or a life sentence.

They would have to absolutely trust one another, and have full confidence that they wouldn't get caught, to kill KH.

I have no problem with the full confidence issue, because lots of criminals who do get caught thought they would not.

But is there absolute trust among killers? I would not think so, not with the huge risk involved.

Talking about kidnapping, not killing.

I'm just wondering if the plan all along was to do away with Kaine, but then something happened and Kyron became her focus instead. I wonder if we'll hear about a fight that precipitated what happened later on down the line.

It just seems to me, just like in another case, someone else was her focus and something happened to make doing away with Kyron her focus instead. And maybe what happened to Kyron happened faster than intended or planned, and things just went downhill from there. Maybe she didn't intend to kill him, but that's what has happened, and now it's a game of keeping it from the LE for as long as possible. Or she intended to kill him, and maybe there's evidence on his body that it was heinous and cold, and that's what she doesn't want LE to find out about. I can see that being a reason she's not budging. Better to have no body and speculation than a body with evidence that gets you the needle.

Hmmmm. I wonder if there are any curious meter men in Oregon...seems like one is needed about now...

I've come to the conclusion that real people's lives make far better mystery stories than I could ever write.

We've seen some bizarre things pop up on this board and there's never a dull case.

Man oh man! Missing child. Restraining order. Contract murder offer. My head is spinning. :hypno:

You made me think that indeed maybe the payment was something other than money. Maybe she finally found someone who would do the hit and the payment was a child... Speculating of course, but when there is so very little known all kinds of possibilities come to mind. And I must say I'm not completely convinced the landscaper story is true or that TH is responsible for Kyron being missing.

I didn't think of that. OMG, that makes me sick to my stomach.

The person who wants a child desperately can be anyone. A few years ago, there was a man in our former, upper middle class, neighborhood who was convicted by the feds for, among other things, arranging to have s*x with a 4 year old. He was arrested in the nick of time by the FBI and had done plenty of other vile things to children in 3 states. He was a professional, had a very high income, and a family who was ultra-involved in community affairs. (The 4 year old's father was also convicted.)

Everyone was shocked, except for me (I was surprised it was the man from the ultimate Perfect Family who lived in my favorite Perfect House), because I always thought it was possible that one of the perfect people in our perfect family neighborhood could be a child predator. That was why I didn't allow my children to go on sleepovers. I had mentioned this to the other mothers several years earlier, and they thought I was a nutcase. Hah! The man's daughter, also a direct victim of his heinous crimes, was my daughter's age. His daughter went to the same school as mine, lived 8 houses away, and was involved in after-school activities with my daughter. Luckily, my DD and his daughter were not friends, because I would have had a heart attack on the spot if they had been when her Daddy was arrested.

Ya know...I thought the same thing...They all looked horrible during that 1st press conference...but we have not seen anything of Terri since... Now comes Desiree with her hair nicely permed and wearing make up and fake eyelashes....Doesn't seem fair at all... :( On top of that, they are showing her mugshot from her 2005 DUI...

First off, not jumping you; but, rather jumping off from your post ... just sharing my feelings on the theory that DY has had her hair permed.

I don't know where everyone is getting that DY has had her hair permed since Kyron went missing. Anyone have a link? If not, I feel that this is no more than a rumor and should be dropped. I keep seeing it over and over; but, from my own experience I have to disagree. I have naturally curly hair. Sometimes I put in gel, scrunch it up and wear it curly. Sometimes I flat iron it and wear it straight for a couple of days. It depends on how I feel. What is the big deal? DY looked like crap just like everyone else in the beginning because she was in shock and probably really did not care how she looked.

(BTW, I *think* DY has naturally curly hair, first appearance it was pulled back but curly ... at her statement, her hair was not in tight new curls, it looked more natural curl to me)

I would say, in her everyday life, DY probably fixes her hair nice and applies make up like most women do. So, it does not strike me as odd. She may have applied make up when they decided she would be the one to issue a statement. I don't know about fake eyelashes ... never used them; so, I know nothing about them. IF DY had fake eyelashes it could have been completely natural for her to wear them before and after the disappearance.

I would say that, going on the talk shows, her hair and make up is done for her. Terri has not appeared on any other interviews. It is not just this case. It is all cases. For example: Granny Hollar from the Haleigh Cummings case ... after her first appearance on NG someone got her chompers and dyed her hair to hide her gray. Take the mother of Wayne Tracey, she did not appear to be someone that took a lot of time w/ her appearance. When she appeared on the Today show her hair was fixed nice (possibly dyed) and make up. I think that is pretty normal.

I didn't fully understand what everyone was talking about until I finally googled Terri last night to see what she looked like when she placed 4th in the body building competition. WOW! What a difference!! I definitely did not think it was the same person.

*I think* that people are so shocked because:

1. She really has changed (so have I since having a baby; so, not throwing stones, just observing). She obviously took a lot of pride in how she looked, how she cared for her body, as well as her physical appearance. What changed that? I know from past and personal experience, depression can cause one to let their appearance go.

2. For someone like that to change so dramatically in just a few months leads one to believe something was wrong that caused her not to care as much. I did NOT judge any of them on their appearance at that first presser. I would expect parents of a missing child not to care about their physical appearance at that time. I know I wouldn't.

3. Terri is under constant scrutiny for everything she does BECAUSE she was the last known person to be seen w/ Kyron. So much has pointed to her since the beginning. There are gaps in her timeline. Her story doesn't match what LE has found while investigating, etc. News reports only continue to confirm that w/ each new shocking twist.

4. I think a lot of people are just really trying to figure out how she could ever get to a point where she would hurt a child she has raised since an infant. I know I have not wanted to believe that she would. As I have stated before, I think too much has come out for Kyron's disappearance to be simply a coincidence. JMO & thoughts. Take w/ a grain of salt.

ETA: I just watched DY's plea again. She does not appear to have on a lot of make up. Foundation looks to be it. Not a lot of time taken to do that.

I'm just wondering if the plan all along was to do away with Kaine, but then something happened and Kyron became her focus instead. I wonder if we'll hear about a fight that precipitated what happened later on down the line.

It just seems to me, just like in another case, someone else was her focus and something happened to make doing away with Kyron her focus instead. And maybe what happened to Kyron happened faster than intended or planned, and things just went downhill from there. Maybe she didn't intend to kill him, but that's what has happened, and now it's a game of keeping it from the LE for as long as possible. Or she intended to kill him, and maybe there's evidence on his body that it was heinous and cold, and that's what she doesn't want LE to find out about. I can see that being a reason she's not budging. Better to have no body and speculation than a body with evidence that gets you the needle.

Hmmmm. I wonder if there are any curious meter men in Oregon...seems like one is needed about now...

:eek::eek::eek:

DHS opened a case on her 5 years ago.That is not today and I feel has nothing to do little Kyrons disappearance.

Does it really matter??

What does matter is that her little boy is missing and has been for a month now :(

IMHO..No, it doesn't matter..And like you stated what really matters is a precious innocent child is missing, and has been for over a month...Personally, I'm over ALL the tit for tat...JMO

:cow:
To me this is like with Ethan, where at some point a certain type of pathological personality can't distinguish the child from the father who is a focus of the hatred.

when our infant son died I hadn't taken a shower or been out of bed for three days when it was time for his memorial service my husband called my friends and told them they needed "to do something" and they did, they literally dressed me, did my hair and put my make up on, at the memorial service people kept telling my parents how good I looked and my mom said all she could think of is what I would have looked like had it not been for my friends....UNTIL we are living this mom's life I really think it's tacky and heartless to comment on her appearance.....

I'm just jealous of the naturally curly hair. Oh, AND the red hair!
Two lucky ladies on the hair front. Beautiful. IMO

*examines roots in mirror* :blushing:

Lol that actually made me laugh.

I think at 16 you dont like authority..and as a step parent of two that age i know its not the easiest thing in the world. In my case my step son was grabbing my arms and i was covered in bruises on my arms and legs. His ex was also interfering and eventually he was given the choice of whether he remained with us ( although things would have to change) or he could go and live with the step mother who was interfering. In addition like that househouse we had younger children here. Its ok saying that Kaine sent him away ( although theres no proof of this) but maybe its not as clear cut and dried as its being made out to be.

JMO

True, maybe he was picking on Kyron in a way Kaine thought was too violent or he didn't trust?
WHO KNOWS why TH's son went with his dad. Maybe he wanted to be around his dad more before turning an adult because he missed time with him, and his side of the family?
It's anyone's guess at this point.

for the person that asked for a detailed analysis as to why their post was removed it was because it linked to a virus and we got several complaints.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5349489&postcount=39"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Threadiquette & Forum Rules Updates ~ Ask Your Questions Here[/ame]

Everyone please be careful as to what sites you link to. Part of the reason we get tough on it.

HTH.

sorry for the interruption.

Reporter Bailik: "I asked [the sheriff], who's in charge of the case, whether the story will help, or hurt, the search for Kyron."

Sheriff says, "I think, in a sense, it's going to help the investigation." BBM.

My question is, how?
If Terri is the main suspect in Kyron's disappearance, the revelation that she is capable of approaching a person to murder her husband adds weight and confirmation to the theory and belief that she is capable of "disappearing" her step-son. (This, of course, presupposes that LE is looking at Terri as the perpetrator of the crime against Kyron).

Just my opinion.

Do we have a general working theories thread for Kyron ? I cant seem to find one tia

Reporter Bailik: "I asked [the sheriff], who's in charge of the case, whether the story will help, or hurt, the search for Kyron."

Sheriff says, "I think, in a sense, it's going to help the investigation." BBM.

My question is, how?

I think it could generate more tips and even character witnesses perhaps.
Friends who may have been in denial about recent behaviour may not be in denial any more.

FYI...the post about Desiree and how she looked on TV, etc...goes back to my post many pages ago regarding how lots of people were taking the position that since Terri looks so run down now, she must be PPD, etc....when really we've only seen her on TV once or twice in that baggy t-shirt when everyone looked pretty lousy...so the point was more about how Terri is being judged on her looks, not Desiree. We don't know that two months ago Terri too didn't look attractive and pulled-together, like Desiree does, for the most part....and her looks now are more from exhaustion (or guilt combined with exhaustion) for example...
It was not a dig about Desiree looking pretty....
But rather about how many feel free to say certain things about Terri letting herself go, etc....
Gaining weight alone (after a baby) does not automatically equal letting oneself go...

I think it could generate more tips and even character witnesses perhaps.
Friends who may have been in denial about recent behaviour may not be in denial any more.

I think that's it exactly. Even Casey had friends at one point, but when enough came out about the lies and the invisinanny, a lot of her friends were taking a second look at her too. It became "the Casey I used to know wouldn't do this", as if she had totally conned them and before she was exposed as a liar, a thief, and possible murderer, they didn't think she could have done it, but were also wondering if they didn't know her at all. They were probably looking back at things they dismissed as nothing and wondering if those things were warning signs of things to come before Caylee was murdered.

I'm thinking it's the same now with Terri. All of her friends, even acquaintances, are going to be looking back at interactions with her, things she told them, etc., and wondering if they were lied to or wrong about Terri. And you're right, things they may have passed or ignored will not be anymore and they will wonder if they should had said something or tried to get her help sooner, definitely before Kyron went missing. It's got to be a scary time when you thought you knew someone, and you realize you really didn't, and things are definitely not as you thought they were.

I think that's also why the landscaper came forward. I think he believed she had to be joking or didn't take the offer seriously. She may have even solicited him and then said she was joking (I had a former friend who did that a lot, and I could never tell when he was being serious and when he wasn't). Maybe he didn't want to believe that this normal looking, middle class mom would do something horrible to somebody. And maybe he was following this case, and finally felt like he had to say something in case maybe she did do this.

I know a lot of us are still waffling over whether she's guilty or not. I think he did the same thing for a long time, not really wanting to believe she was serious or could harm someone, and now finally felt like he had to speak up in case maybe she did. I have the feeling he doesn't feel good about what he had to do, otherwise, he'd be in the press offering the highest dollar for his story. Instead, he's keeping quiet and not saying anything. To me, that says a lot about his credibility that he talked to the police and no one else. It says to me that he's still conflicted here but felt like he had no choice since a child's life is in danger. Otherwise he'd on the nearest talk show airing dirty laundry about TH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove