Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emma, Thank You so much for the update.I did get myself a beer and I'm reading.I have been awake for so long I'm not sure I could sleep at this point.This case is causing me abject terror on so many levels.

Ella! I am in the same boat you are in! I just got home and am like... whaaaaat?

A few days ago when the restraining order news came in I posted that I was just waiting for the "other shoe to drop"

Never guessed it would be a murder for hire and alleged extramarital affair on the part of Kaine... but I guess the other shoe has dropped!

(as has my jaw)

Ella! I am in the same boat you are in! I just got home and am like... whaaaaat?

A few days ago when the restraining order news came in I posted that I was just waiting for the "other shoe to drop"

Never guessed it would be a murder for hire and alleged extramarital affair on the part of Kaine... but I guess the other shoe has dropped!

(as has my jaw)
I followed Emma's advice and went back and starting reading.I never get to go away and of course something major happens. I think the other shoe may drop.

(as has my jaw)

Brace yourself nursebeeme.
We may have caught a spider ... with 6 more shoes to drop... ;)

It is the offering money part that leads me away from thinking that she "jokingly" said she wanted to kill her husband...

Reporter Bailik: "I asked [the sheriff], who's in charge of the case, whether the story will help, or hurt, the search for Kyron."

Sheriff says, "I think, in a sense, it's going to help the investigation." BBM.

My question is, how?

If she did approach anyone else about finding a hit man, they are more likely to come forward now. Even if before they thought it wasn't a big deal since Kaine is not dead.

See, but she could have kept herself even more distanced from the actual event. If she was going to have him kidnapped to get the reward... why not have him taken while he was with Desiree and Tony? Or outside playing at the house? Or out somewhere with Kaine?

She could have gotten herself further from the situation and she didn't. That is why that theory is hard for me.

As to motive...

What about the "least harm" proposition?

Hire someone to take Kyron, while keeping herself as distanced as possible from the actual event. PAYMENT comes much later, after Kyron is returned anonymously and unharmed, and the book deals come in.

Works perfectly until someone finds the link. And LE, especially federal LE, is REALLY good at finding links you think you've covered up.

"The Oregonian article notes sources who say that as investigators followed leads, they became curious when they found out that the stepmother - Terri Moulton Horman - had hired a landscaper seven months ago, without telling her husband Kaine Horman about it - an omission which led them to question that landscaper."
snipped

Just a point of clarification. This article says 7 months ago which would make it November but other news articles did say November. The seven months counting would be when LE found out about it.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...nd-Kyrons-Stepmom/l4i6IFRqZ0C60O2oBmelsA.cspx

Also there is no credible source as to when TH met this landscaper.

I still can't fathom this case. I mean I've watched many cases here on WS and beyond and never saw one quite like this. Now I understand why LE told KH to take his infant daughter and leave, but wow! I never would have dreamed this woman could have even contemplated hiring someone to off her hubby, much less actually TRY to hire a hitman, or whatever you wanna' call him.

But DARN!! I'm frustrated!

Where the heck is Kyron? Does she have someone else? Maybe someone from the gym? Where else did she go shopping for a killer?

I just want TH to spit it out! Where is this innocent child?

JMHO
fran
:(

The Oregonian article notes sources who say that as investigators followed leads, they became curious when they found out that the stepmother - Terri Moulton Horman - had hired a landscaper seven months ago, without telling her husband Kaine Horman about it - an omission which led them to question that landscaper.

Just a point of clarification. This article says 7 months ago which would make it November but other news articles did say November. The seven months counting would be when LE found out about it.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...nd-Kyrons-Stepmom/l4i6IFRqZ0C60O2oBmelsA.cspx

Also there is no credible source as to when TH met this landscaper.

Thanks for the info grandmaj.

So this was prior to sending her teenage son away. So it would appear, this MAY have been related to the conflict between her present husband and her first born son.

She MAY have been attempting to do what many mothers would have done, taken care of her child, or her child's side.

But........................what kind of person would hire a 'hit man' over even a TEMPORARY separation?

This is unreal.

JMHO
fran

I was on a jury where my fellow jurors commented on the way the defendent and his witnesses were dressed, as well as the public defender. I was all, "Excuse me, but what the heck does that have to do with whether this guy is guilty of resisting arrest, failure to obey a lawful order, and assualt?!?" I should have kept my mouth shut--they elected me spokesperson.

Personally, I think all the attorneys, witnesses, defendants, experts, etc in a criminal trial (and probably divorce and custody proceedings too) should be required to wear some court-decreed uniform, like the judge. Maybe a robe like the judge, but gray instead of black. The court should be doing as much as possible to level the playing field and keep the focus on the actual evidence.

Huh?

Kaine doesnt come across as a pyschopathic liar like Terri does. There is nothing to indicate he would hire hitmen or anything of the sort or for that matter even remotely involved in what happened to Kyron.

Kaine is a VICTIM. His son is missing probably dead and in addition to the poor guy having to face up to this he has to deal with the fact that the person most likely responsible is the woman he MARRIED. He then finds out that not only has she maybe done something to his son that she allegedly tried to hire someone to kill HIM:furious:

While I agree that we must still look at ALL of the people involved as victims in this case. I also can not just ignore the fact that this man's first wife was so desperate to get him out of her life that she chose to file for divorce when she was 8+ months pregnant, and that his second wife is being accused of having been so desperate to get rid of him that she spoke to someone about having him killed (allegedly). There is obviously SOMETHING going on with this man that causes such fear/hatred/desperation to occur. Neither of those actions happens without any reason for the wives to feel the need to be free of this man.

jmo

There is nothing wrong with looking at the players as long as we are using MSM and not sleuthing them beyond that.

Theory is not random. It is based on facts. :)

Thanks for the info grandmaj.

So this was prior to sending her teenage son away. So it would appear, this MAY have been related to the conflict between her present husband and her first born son.

She MAY have been attempting to do what many mothers would have done, taken care of her child, or her child's side.

But........................what kind of person would hire a 'hit man' over even a TEMPORARY separation?

This is unreal.

JMHO
fran

Hi Fran :) BBM above someone greedy, who would rather inherit it all then only half, and to put a cherry on top prob. a very hefty life insurance policy, jmo of course ....

The only thing I can think is if LE believed that Terri had turned some psychotic corner and truly gone off the deep end - and that she might be lonely enough to need a friend - a sketchy friend she could trust - i.e. she might she'd chat it up some with the landscaper ... indicate some sort of admission about Kyron or her previous request to kill Kaine. I don't understand why they thought she'd do that in the presence of a stranger (UC), however. They should have just wired the landscaper... :waitasec:

I give up. I can't figure it out either.

I'm going to go with this: the news article is sorely lacking in details about the investigation at this time.

bbm

Maybe she recognized him as the tow-truck driver.

I have read threads 1 & 2, but not all of the posts on this thread yet. I am wondering about a couple of things that I haven't seen mentioned yet.

If I were LE, I would ask that Kaine have his blood tested to see if there has been a slow poisoning going on here over a period of months. It is probably the stress and worry over Kyron, but to me Kaine doesn't look well or healthy.

The other thing is that it was written in a news article (IIRC as I do not have the link) that the landscaper and an wired undercover LE met with Terri. It was concerning Terri's (alledgedly) wanting him to murder Kaine. It was also stated in the article (IIRC) that Terri cut the conversation short. Is it possible that the landscaper gave Terri some sort of sign to NOT discuss this? Evidently Terri did agree to meet with the landscaper, so another person being with him also may have been a red flag to her. WHY would she even agree to meet with this landscaper in the midst of a HUGE investigation concerning Kyron's disappearance?? It is all very strange.

I just do not know what to think or believe anymore.

MOO

Brace yourself nursebeeme.
We may have caught a spider ... with 6 more shoes to drop... ;)

LOL, Emma Peel!

How about one of those 'thousand leg' worms all wearing little pink tennis shoes?

I am looking forward to LE being able to make some factual statements.

IMHOO

What if she sold Kyron to get the money to have KH killed?

Just an idea... part of one of my theories.

Consider recent articles about investigators checking into SOs in the area... when I had assumed they did this early on in the case.

Help did I miss something? Was that reported?

I'm fairly certain that at least one of the articles stated that Kaine was gone from the home at the time of the first call. I think I read the rest, too. But maybe the rest was just speculation I read here, or formed on my own based on the nature of the call and who else would it have been. In any case, I'll edit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove