Latest from George Anthony 1-2-09 at 11:58 PM

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the whole interview was all about poor George - he cant drive - he has a hole in his heart - whine cry sniff ............

trolling for sympathy -

it still is all about the Anthonys not Caylee

Why didnt he say

We are going to do everything possible to see that Caylee receives justice
Her murderer needs to be punished to the full extent of the law
We support the state and want this horrible crime punished
We want the murderer brought to justice
We are so grateful to all the people who worked so hard to find her

Did you ever get the impression that George had lots of gas cans? I'm trying to remember the video showing the inside of the shed.
Me, I have only one.

I remember George telling the FBI that he keeps cans full of gas in the shed for the weed eater, leaf blower, lawn mower, etc, so that when he goes to do something in the yard he always has gas and doesn't have to go buy it. He keeps them full at all times. He was angry at Casey for taking two of the cans and not refilling them and bringing them back. He didn't mind her using the gas...she could have asked or told him...but he was angry because if he had gone to do yard work he wouldn't have had any gas. I don't know how many cans he has...maybe just the two that he keeps full at all times.

There was a case here where a beautiful 17-year-old girl from Cape Coral, FL was lured to a location by a "friend"... That "friend" was with another man (I believe he was 20-years-old) and they kidnapped her, raped her, murdered her and left her body to burn (in a refrigerator) in the remote woods of Lehigh Acres, FL.

The reason I bring this up is because the mother of the 20-year-old had tried in vain (while he was a juvenile) to hold him accountable for his actions. She tried in vain for the juvenile system to take him for his crimes (only to be released 21 days later) she tried numerous mental health facilities (only for them to release him after two weeks).

Once he turned 18 she had no other choice but to disown him for the safety of her younger children (he became violent with his younger siblings) and herself (he became violent with her also). He left South Florida and moved to Lee County (I believe with a girlfriend at the time). Yes, she knew what he was capable of and tried everything in her power (court records show it) and no one would help her. I am sure she is living in a personal hell knowing what her son did (he also murdered a man 2 days before murdering the young girl).

I have never heard once that Cindy and George attempted to get Casey help in any way. They have always covered for her crimes and George even admitted that he thought that Casey suffered from some mental health problem from his side of the family. Cindy was thinking about getting custody of Caylee... she must have noticed that Casey was an unfit mother. Did she know what Casey was capable of if Cindy actually filed papers to get custody of Caylee? Did she know that Casey was capable of harming Caylee?? It takes a lot for a grandmother to want custody of her grandchild. Grandparents have limited rights as it is in this state so you would think that she felt she had a good chance if she was even discussing it?

I guess what I am getting at is this... at least the mother of this 20-year-old murderer TRIED to get her monster of a son off the streets (when she was legally capable) and once she had no say (once he was an adult) she cut the cord. I am sure it was a very painful decision but she did what she thought was right.

We live with a very flawed system (mental health especially) and our juvenile system is seriously flawed because there really is no rehabilitation once a juvenile gets involved in the system. Parents are seriously left to deal with their deliquent children on their own. I don't think every parent is to blame for their childrens behavior because we now have so many laws restricting the discipline of children.

I grew up when we still had the dreaded "paddle" in the principles office. I never once seen the paddle but my imagination as kid had me scared enough to never want to find out. Yes, my mom spanked us (I have two other sisters) but I only got spanked TWICE!! Once when I was 6 and once when I was 15.

My sister skipped school when she was 16 and my mom found her walking down the road when she was supposed to be in school... My mom pulled over, dragged her into the car, took her to the school, into the Deans office and demanded her give her a week of detention and a month's worth of Saturday school (he did) and she was grounded for a month.

I could go ON and ON and ON about all the things we got in trouble for as kids and how my mom never once let us off the hook and I am going to be 30 this week and she still never lets me off the hook:)

My oldest sister had my oldest niece at 18-years-old... sure, my mom (and me and my sister) helped her but my sister did put the baby in daycare while she continued her education and held a full time job. She had her own place by the time my niece was two years old. She's now married with my youngest niece (I always think of Caylee when I see her because they would be the same age and her name is similiar to Caylee). But, my mom made her take care of her responsibilty. My mom is disgusted with these grandparents because my mom is 100% sure that she would have choked the truth out of my sister if she ever did anything to her granddaughters and I 100% believe her!!

I have never once heard when Cindy and George have ever held Casey accountable for any of her actions (criminal or not). They seemed to always be there to cover for her. I am trying my hardest to feel sorry for them... and I do feel sorry for them that they lost their granddaughter but that is as far as I can go with it.

They have known of her past crimes (stealing is the main one) and they covered for her and didn't hold her accountable. George obviously knew that she had mental health problems (he admitted to that) and never even tried to get her mental health care? Cindy obviously knew she was an unfit mother because she was looking into getting custody of Caylee. Something seriously had to be wrong for her to be looking into getting custody of Caylee yet she swept it under the rug. Did she know Casey was capable for harming Caylee?

The only reason I brought up the case of the 20-year-old murderer is because this mother knew what her son was capable of and tried in vain (numerous times) to have him commited to either the juvenile detention center or into mental health facilities... The Anthony's seemed to have tried NONE of this even though all these signs were there?

I do think George was the most honest at the beginning but then right into "Protect Casey" mode.

I also can not forgive them for their attorney's request for immunity or else they won't tell "everything they know." Innocent people don't need immunity. Innocent people would have been honest from the beginning and didn't feel a need to tell conflicting stories. If they want the public to feel sorry for them they will sit down with LE and tell them everything they know because they want JUSTICE for Caylee.

They failed this child these past six months by turning against the very people who wanted to TRUELY help them put an end to this... LE, FBI, Tim Miller and ever LP (even though I don't even listen to him). I understand that they need to grieve and I respect that!!! But, once that baby is laid to rest their ONLY concern should be to hold the person responsible for the death of Caylee accountable for her actions... and they need to stop protecting her... CASEY!!

Sorry for the rant!!

I respectfully disagree with this assertion. As I stated in an earlier post, I have an 18 yr old who has been held accountable all his life and taught that he is responsible for his actions. He has been through many programs, as have I. He is no more responsible today than he was at 2 ... and I don't see an end in sight. He is manipulative, lies, steals and infringes on the rights of others on a consistent basis. He has been in trouble with the law and I have let him sit right where they put him. I have used every strategy in the book and taken many programs to learn new ones and refresh old. I love him but he is extremely exhausting.

And I have three others whom were taught the same and are the best kids one could hope for.

I'm not saying George and Cindy didn't make their share of mistakes with Casey... we all do. But I put the blame for the loss of this precious child squarely where it belongs. At Casey's feet.

I agree. My nephews had the most dysfunctional upbringing you can imagine. There was domestic violence, drugs, their dad in & out of jail, the list goes on & on and the three of them have all been in jail at on time or another. The one who spent the most time in jail has a 6 year old son and dysfunctional or not, I know he'd take a bullet for that kid.
Casey is just plain evil, born not created.

Even predators protect their young.

I do have to add this...

Yes, I know that Casey was "legally" an adult but she was living under their roof and their money. If Cindy had insurance from her job which I am sure she most likely did... most family insurance policies cover adult children until they are 22-years-old as long as they are still living under the same roof. I am not sure about grandchildren though but I am sure she would have paid for the extra costs to add Caylee to the policy.

It is not known if Casey was getting any kind of Federal help for Caylee and if she was I am sure (with the new laws) that she has been ineligible for some time.

Casey had been a legal adult for 4 years while still living under their roof. I don't know if they had issues with Casey as a minor but I find it hard to believe that Casey became the person she did over night and I am willing to guess that she did have behavior issues as a child that went unpunished.

I do have to add this...

Yes, I know that Casey was "legally" an adult but she was living under their roof and their money. If Cindy had insurance from her job which I am sure she most likely did... most family insurance policies cover adult children until they are 22-years-old as long as they are still living under the same roof. I am not sure about grandchildren though but I am sure she would have paid for the extra costs to add Caylee to the policy.

It is not known if Casey was getting any kind of Federal help for Caylee and if she was I am sure (with the new laws) that she has been ineligible for some time.

Casey had been a legal adult for 4 years while still living under their roof. I don't know if they had issues with Casey as a minor but I find it hard to believe that Casey became the person she did over night and I am willing to guess that she did have behavior issues as a child that went unpunished.
Welcome to WS Lola and...I totally agree with your post. Also, despite her age, I don't believe that KC was in any way "technically" an adult. She certainly had no responsibilities other than pretending to work and spending time with Caylee day-in-and-out for over 2 years! What else was she doing that could remotely position her as being an adult????

ITA. But, as was said, does CA selectively do this to protect KC or to protect the family image and CA?

Interestingly though, the gas can story is the opposite in that it implicates KC -- that she took the gas cans -- so what was the point and the importance of this? It makes KC look bad but -- was the intention to suggest there was no smell or nothing in the trunk? A cover story?
I'm wondering the same thing.

I'm wondering the same thing.
I think that the point that they were trying to make to the media was that she had stolen the gas cans but hadn't killed her daughter. GA made it sound (to the media) like he opened the trunk thereby implying that there was nothing there (olfactory or visual) that indicated that Caylee was in there..."She stole gas" does not equal "she is a murderer" in the same way that lying does not mean she is a murderer...A-speak/A bull-crap from day 31...

MOO

I agree. My nephews had the most dysfunctional upbringing you can imagine. There was domestic violence, drugs, their dad in & out of jail, the list goes on & on and the three of them have all been in jail at on time or another. The one who spent the most time in jail has a 6 year old son and dysfunctional or not, I know he'd take a bullet for that kid.
Casey is just plain evil, born not created.

Even predators protect their young.

"Even predators protect their young"

I know this is SOOOO off topic but do you remember the Carlie Brucia (sp?) case in Sarasota, FL? She was the 11-year-old who was abducted (caught on tape at a car wash) and raped and murdered... I know that you are talking about "wild animals" when you talk about "predators" but the "predator" that murdered Carlie had three daughters of his own and from what they say he was a loving father to those girls and would never harm them yet he had no problem murdering someone else's 11-year-old daughter... CRAZY!!

I'm not putting all the blame on the Anthony's but they should have stopped enabling her behavior a long time ago. Do I think that Casey had mental health issues? Yes, I have to believe that because I could never be able to admit to myself that a person who wasn't mentally unstable could murder their precious child. Do I think that she could have turned out better had George and Cindy got her some help or held her accountable? Who knows? But, at least TRY!!

I think that the point that they were trying to make to the media was that she had stolen the gas cans but hadn't killed her daughter. GA made it sound (to the media) like he opened the trunk thereby implying that there was nothing there (olfactory or visual) that indicated that Caylee was in there..."She stole gas" does not equal "she is a murderer" in the same way that lying does not mean she is a murderer...A-speak/A bull-crap from day 31...

MOO
I agree. GA told Greta the made-for-TV version. I don't think he got close enough to see or smell anything.

LA, you'll recall, stated in his interview with LE that his father told him a very different version of that incident. According to LA, KC didn't want her father to get near the car and pushed ahead of him to open the trunk. She threw the cans at him, shouting, "Here are your f'ing gas cans!"

Getting some of that home-cooking LA before you join Sissy in the pokey?

Or

Working 24 hours a day trying to get your stories straight?

:clap::clap::clap:

After watching the four videos that WindChime showcased on her thread, my sympathy for George has diminished.

First he says the car smelled like a dead body and then said it was rotting pizza along with CA? He is almost gleeful in another video stating that they found Caylee and he's sooo excited? (Couldn't locate link after searching a long time. It was in his driveway with Dennis from Kidfinders trying to get reporter to leave).

Yes, I feel horrible that he lost his granddaughter. However, his actions since Caylee went missing have been to cover up her murder.

How could he?

Talking for a couple minutes on the phone with FOX wouldn't interfere with any of those things. George probably needed someone to talk to, and the A's do have a debt to the media for allowing them air time in their search for a 'live' Caylee.

I'd bet if George feels the need to talk...then LE has their door wide open any time for him to stroll on in..:rolleyes:

He and the rest of that crazy family can apologize to LE while they are there...and the taxpayers who have paid for their lies.

I think it is probably important to keep in mind that science (research), psychiatrists and other mental health professionals cannot even agree on or offer any definative proof whether people are born with these types of personality disorders or if it is how they are raised.

I agree. GA told Greta the made-for-TV version. I don't think he got close enough to see or smell anything.

LA, you'll recall, stated in his interview with LE that his father told him a very different version of that incident. According to LA, KC didn't want her father to get near the car and pushed ahead of him to open the trunk. She threw the cans at him, shouting, "Here are your f'ing gas cans!"

IMO I think there is way more to this gas can incident.

From George's account, it sounded as if there may have been a decent physical tussle in the hallway to the garage. I think the entire family is extremely physical, prone to violence, especially when cornered.

He was supposedly going for one of the tire blocks and may have even had a hunch that the gas cans were in there. And he may have even wanted to call her on it.

IIRC, that was the day that Casey wasn't expecting him to be home - I think he caught her off guard that he on a whim decides to look in her trunk and she panicked that he was going to beat her to the trunk and find Caylee's body.

I think that she either shoved or grabbed him, and her reaction alarmed him - and then either one of 2 things happened:

1) he was so alarmed at Casey's behavior - restraining him from the trunk, thrusting gas cans at him - that he is stunned into such a stupor that he slinks away with his tail between his legs and decides to forego what was his original intention entirely, which was not the gas cans but the tire blocks, right?

2) or he was so alarmed at her reaction that he wondered why she was being so protective of him getting near the trunk - and he takes the cans and puts them aside, and asks the obvious question, which is WTF is in your trunk that you are trying so desperately hard for me not to see? And then proceeds to push her aside and finds Caylee's body... and the biggest cleanup of George's life began...???

Just wondering aloud, sorry. Thanks for letting me share. Like so many others, I just cannot seem to get this case out of my brain.

ETA: I also keep going back to the Greta video at the Anthony residence where George is on the couch recounting the gas can incident, and when he gets to the part (rough quotes here) "...and when she opened the trunk-" he faltered a bit, as if he were remembering finding little Caylee, and Cindy grabs his thigh and quickly interjects "- and there were the GAS CANS." It was just such a strange exchange, and it stuck in my craw. Anyone else catch that?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
my feelings for the family aside, it seems that they get jumped all over no matter what they do. if they talk, they're self absorbed spotlight hogs; if they keep quiet, they're up to something. :bang:
urcting justice

I agree with this. I'll go a step farther - I feel very sorry for the grandparents. I feel this is a very dysfunctional family, which explains alot about why casey turned out the way she did. I feel they are enablers, in denial (cannot accept criticism of their family, cannot accept that one of their is a cold-blooded murderer, could not accept that their precious grandchild is dead), they are spoilers, and in CA's case especially, controlling and, when it comes to the case against her daughter, dishonest. I don't like a lot of what they have done, such as trying to confuse the public, or trying to place blame on others for what their kid did, or possibly obstructing justice by hiding or lying about certain things casey did (CA). However, they are not murderers, casey is. All the anger on the board against two people who lost a little girl they obviously love, baffles me. casey alone is ultimately responsible. The anger should be towards her. These are just poor, misguided souls who lost their innocent grandchild at the hands of the daughter they love.
That's very hard to take. I know parents like them, who will protect their child at all costs, even when it's obvious the kid is guilty. That is wrong-headed and causes screwed up kids. But, although it is very odd, I understand the horrible position psychologically that this kind of enmeshed behavior puts them in. They still love their kid and they can't face that she is a monster, but they know deep in their hearts that she is. Then comes the self-blame as it can't be their perfect daughter's fault. However, the grandchild is just as precious to them and is vulnerable and innocent on top of that. Hence, the strange phone calls and jail visits in which they express love for and faith in casey while at the same time trying to get anything from her through request for information or by working on casey's sense of guilt, in order to allow them to see the truth they cannot face, but must, for Caylee's sake.
It's a catch-22 for them and although everyone has a real problem in seeing how that can be, how they can even think of casey or feel for her if it is between her and little Caylee, they themselves do not truly understand this or that helping casey really means putting her needs above the need for truth and justice for Caylee. They do not see it.
Again, they did not murder Caylee and I really doubt they would ever have covered up the crime such that Caylee ceased to exist to the world, in order to protect their offspring. The jailhouse calls and tapes show that, as did CA's 911 calls as well as GA's LE interviews and GJ testimony. They never would have said half of what they did if their only goal was to protect their kid. Yes, CA called 911 about the car, initially, but regardless of the smell in it, after they found no bodies inside and located casey, I think they could not fathom, nor allow themselves to think for a moment that Caylee has been killed by casey. It seems clear that such a thought did not enter CA's consciousness until casey told her Caylee was missing. Her subsequent and totally panicked call after that showed her true feelings: "There's something wrong. It smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car...I need to find her." Not the words of someone who's goal is to protect their kid at the expense of their little grandchild.
My long-winded point is these people have some serious problems and that explains alot of the behavior they exhibit which tends to make it appear that casey is more important than Caylee. But, I don't think that's truly the case.
We must remember that they are victims of casey as well. They have lost their world and must feel guilt that they contributed to creation of the monster who took that world from them. My heart cannot hate them. I have only sorrow for what they are going through and how they are left with the one who destroyed their lives instead of the one who made their lives beautiful.
I pray that little Caylee is now safe and at peace in the arms of our Lord. I have no hate for the Anthonys and I pray for healing for them. I think Caylee would want that, instead of hate and anger towards them.
Anger and hatred? I reserve that for casey, for whom I am sadly not Christian enough to pray.

I DO know what I am talking about. My husband and I have had to disown his own daughter and it is NOT easy. Something in life, you just have to do. His daughter is a sociopath JUST like Casey and instead of us continuing to support her horrible deeds and cover up for her as Casey's parents did we did the unthinkable. We decided we could no longer let her be in our lives and home as I was afraid for my own daughter's life who is younger. It is a long story, but I just wanted to show that I did just what I think George should have done to save Caylee. It is hard but probably saved my youngest daughter's life. And NO, you don't ever stop loving them, but you grow to hate the person they have become. NOT the person you raised.

But the Anthony's are not as functional as you are. They seem to have contributed in some way to her attitude and personality to begin with - not normal. In addition, despite the fact that they knew she is a liar and a thief, I don't think they had any reason to belive she could also be a cold-blooded murderer. As far as I can see, not one person out of all that have been interviewed, thought casey was a bad mother. Likely, she probably took pretty good care of her until she killed her, whether she was acting or not.
Finally, they may have felt that they would not have been protecting Caylee by disowning casey, in fact, they may have felt they could have harmed her by doing so as there was no guarantee, even with all the theft, etc., on casey's part, that any court would have given them custody. Just think how casey would have reacted if they kicked her out of their lives and/or filed a petition for custody. They probably feared they'd never see Caylee again. Sadly, that's just what happened anyway but I don't think they could have forseen that.

I suppose all of her hard work being the main bread winner is what made her try to throw Jesse G and several of Casey's friends under the bus.
It also must have made her decide the human decomp was really a pizza.
sure. OK.

yeah... it's really hard to understand the psychology of denial, right? i mean, how could cindy be so out of it. losing a daughter and a granddaughter is no excuse to be in denial or to make rash comments.

c'mon people. have a heart.

urcting justice

I agree with this. I'll go a step farther - I feel very sorry for the grandparents. I feel this is a very dysfunctional family, which explains alot about why casey turned out the way she did. I feel they are enablers, in denial (cannot accept criticism of their family, cannot accept that one of their is a cold-blooded murderer, could not accept that their precious grandchild is dead), they are spoilers, and in CA's case especially, controlling and, when it comes to the case against her daughter, dishonest. I don't like a lot of what they have done, such as trying to confuse the public, or trying to place blame on others for what their kid did, or possibly obstructing justice by hiding or lying about certain things casey did (CA). However, they are not murderers, casey is. All the anger on the board against two people who lost a little girl they obviously love, baffles me. casey alone is ultimately responsible. The anger should be towards her. These are just poor, misguided souls who lost their innocent grandchild at the hands of the daughter they love.
That's very hard to take. I know parents like them, who will protect their child at all costs, even when it's obvious the kid is guilty. That is wrong-headed and causes screwed up kids. But, although it is very odd, I understand the horrible position psychologically that this kind of enmeshed behavior puts them in. They still love their kid and they can't face that she is a monster, but they know deep in their hearts that she is. Then comes the self-blame as it can't be their perfect daughter's fault. However, the grandchild is just as precious to them and is vulnerable and innocent on top of that. Hence, the strange phone calls and jail visits in which they express love for and faith in casey while at the same time trying to get anything from her through request for information or by working on casey's sense of guilt, in order to allow them to see the truth they cannot face, but must, for Caylee's sake.
It's a catch-22 for them and although everyone has a real problem in seeing how that can be, how they can even think of casey or feel for her if it is between her and little Caylee, they themselves do not truly understand this or that helping casey really means putting her needs above the need for truth and justice for Caylee. They do not see it.
Again, they did not murder Caylee and I really doubt they would ever have covered up the crime such that Caylee ceased to exist to the world, in order to protect their offspring. The jailhouse calls and tapes show that, as did CA's 911 calls as well as GA's LE interviews and GJ testimony. They never would have said half of what they did if their only goal was to protect their kid. Yes, CA called 911 about the car, initially, but regardless of the smell in it, after they found no bodies inside and located casey, I think they could not fathom, nor allow themselves to think for a moment that Caylee has been killed by casey. It seems clear that such a thought did not enter CA's consciousness until casey told her Caylee was missing. Her subsequent and totally panicked call after that showed her true feelings: "There's something wrong. It smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car...I need to find her." Not the words of someone who's goal is to protect their kid at the expense of their little grandchild.
My long-winded point is these people have some serious problems and that explains alot of the behavior they exhibit which tends to make it appear that casey is more important than Caylee. But, I don't think that's truly the case.
We must remember that they are victims of casey as well. They have lost their world and must feel guilt that they contributed to creation of the monster who took that world from them. My heart cannot hate them. I have only sorrow for what they are going through and how they are left with the one who destroyed their lives instead of the one who made their lives beautiful.
I pray that little Caylee is now safe and at peace in the arms of our Lord. I have no hate for the Anthonys and I pray for healing for them. I think Caylee would want that, instead of hate and anger towards them.
Anger and hatred? I reserve that for casey, for whom I am sadly not Christian enough to pray.

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you wrote.

I think everyone in that family loved Caylee (except for KC). I also believe a lot of the defending and placating of KC in the press (KC watches TV in jail) and during their phone visits was in the interests of finding Caylee.

That phrase you get more flies with honey comes to mind... I'm sure they have plenty of experience with KC that tells them that being tough with KC doesn't work.

Case in point, the last time CA got tough with her was during the fight on the 15th and what happens? KC leaves with Caylee the next day and doesn't bring her to see them for weeks. (They didn't know she was dead, and they weren't technically missing because KC was calling CA almost every day and kept promising to bring Caylee by.)

After CA's initial panic in July and calling the police, I think she remembered that the way to get to KC is to sweet talk her and act like they believe everything she says.

I personally think this accounts for their behavior since July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste