Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/Murder in the First Degree #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just adding a reminder of a term used early in TB's investigation - 'thrill kill'.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/16/tim-bosmas-murder-may-have-been-thrill-kill-source

An officer also uses the term 'twisted' in the attached article.

And a reminder that Kavanagh denied that claim from the unnamed source the next day.

The source, who is not involved in the investigation, said police were considering that theory after Dellen Millard, 27, was arrested on May 11 in Mississauga.
But the lead investigator in the case denied that police were looking at the possibility the homicide may have been just for a thrill.
“I don’t know the motive for this,” Det. Sgt. Matt Kavanagh said Thursday. “I don’t even know what thrill kill means. It’s not been discussed. Where it’s coming from, I don’t know.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2013/05/17/tim_bosma_ancaster_man_was_killed_inside_truck_source_says.html

But then again, they say most rumours do come from somewhere.

JMO

BBM

A specific date of death for LB but no remains we know of, and the overall case (LB, WM and TB) is reported to involve the largest computer seizure known in Canada to date?

Imo, all the seized computers are unlikely to be in Canada only. Jmo.

I agree. It is likely that all seized computers were in Canada. If any of the devices did have a video of a death, they may or may not know where the video was actually taken, unless there was any location identifying views in the video or if the camera had location. It's reasonably likely that they would know when it was taken though, with anything digital.

Agreed, except I was responding to the latest information linked above whereby she was not found on the farm, therefore nowhere near or inside the incinerator. It would have to be at another location but the other area would also have to imply death took place not just sex is all I'm saying.

The video suggestion is a gruesome possibility. After seeing the realistic-looking snuff video it doesn't seem so far-fetched.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Right, maybe not so far fetched in this case. It is so horrible to think there would be a market for that :-(.

And a reminder that Kavanagh denied that claim from the unnamed source the next day.

I viewed Kavanagh's statement as his signal to other LE and MSM that he had taken charge of the case and that any "official" LE information would come through him.

I could see him wanting to control media and public speculation and sensationalism. The other killer(s) had not been arrested at that point; the public would be more worried with the idea of thrill killers still running loose.

At the time the WM and LB investigations had not come into play to put more of this cast on the killers either.

Whatever, LE are unlikely to reveal their real thinking to the public until if and when they are required to do so.

I viewed Kavanagh's statement as his signal to other LE and MSM that he had taken charge of the case and that any "official" LE information would come through him.

I could see him wanting to control media and public speculation and sensationalism. The other killer(s) had not been arrested at that point; the public would be more worried with the idea of thrill killers still running loose.

At the time the WM and LB investigations had not come into play to put more of this cast on the killers either.

Whatever, LE are unlikely to reveal their real thinking to the public until if and when they are required to do so.

He could very well have been trying to get the uninvolved LE rumour mill to refrain from talking to the press and giving out more information and/or rumours than they wanted the public to be aware of. And he could also have been simply telling the truth - that a "thrill kill" hadn't specifically been discussed as the motive. At that early date, I'm sure they still didn't have any concrete thoughts on a motive and would have been looking at any and all possibilities.

JMO

I agree. It is likely that all seized computers were in Canada. If any of the devices did have a video of a death, they may or may not know where the video was actually taken, unless there was any location identifying views in the video or if the camera had location. It's reasonably likely that they would know when it was taken though, with anything digital.

Just for clarification, I think some, if not many, of the seized computers might turn out to be outside of Canada - ie info/data/contact/video etc sent via the internet.

To give a date of death for LB of 3 July 2012, and not include 'on or about' piques my interest that you may be correct that a 'location identifying view' was possible for LE.

BBM

Quite agree Variant - we have no idea what Kavanagh knows or knew at any given time - he hardly wanted to alert any law breakers 'we know what you did and we're coming for you.'

To give a date of death for LB of 3 July 2012, and not include 'on or about' piques my interest that you may be correct that a 'location identifying view' was possible for LE.

According to the latest Globe and Mail article, the official police report does include 'on or about' in reference to LB's date of death:

A police document filed in court says the 23-year-old Toronto woman died “on or about” July 3, 2012.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/babcocks-remains-not-found-at-dellen-millards-farm/article18476919/

According to the latest Globe and Mail article, the official police report does include 'on or about' in reference to LB's date of death:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/babcocks-remains-not-found-at-dellen-millards-farm/article18476919/

Agree, cansleuther. The previous reports also say "around" July 3. I've never seen any report saying anything other than an estimated date. I'm sure they are going by the last date anyone heard from her and/or her phone was used.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2014/04/12/tim_bosma_murder_case_laura_babcock_dead_before_she_was_reported_missing_police_allege.html

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/4462476-laura-babcock-dead-before-she-was-reported-missing-police-allege/

JMO

It doesn't say anywhere in the article that they were native cigarettes. It's also possible they were stolen, or even bought at a convenience store and then resold at a higher price. JMO.

I guess it doesn't matter where he got the cigarettes or what kind they were. If he was selling them to underage kids at the high schools, it's illegal no matter what.

JMO

I like the reports from Ann.B .... she has good instincts .... she takes a peek under the surface to reveal character

I think the kid she interviewed has good instincts too , call it a gut feeling , or sensing something evil in MS , or something spooky , or in Ann's words "something off"

Not everybody is capable of sensing those "vibes" , but those who do are often correct , some of our best detectives have the gift also.

I think it is more along the lines of spiritual discernment , Good vs Evil , Holy Spirit vs Evil Spirit etc.

After all , MS appears to adore things within the realm of SAY10 , along with the drugs and the occult music . It is his character

Great article Ann , I hear you loud and clear , and I think you got it right

Bless you my friend.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/201...ng-off-about-alleged-murderer-mark-smich.html

I
I think the kid she interviewed has good instincts too , call it a gut feeling , or sensing something evil in MS , or something spooky , or in Ann's words "something off"

rsbm

And like the neighbours who:

said he and his wife would cross the street to avoid Mr. Smich and his friends because they felt “uncomfortable.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/chilling-details-emerge-in-mysterious-bosma-case/article12757899/

And these ones:

Some called him friendly, while others said they stayed away from the house and the family, saying several people in the neighbourhood had trouble with them.

http://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/3236797-family-friend-of-oakville-s-smich-shocked-by-murder-accusation/

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member