Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/Murder in the First Degree #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much bigger can this case get?
That is a question I am truly scared to have answered.

These photos are unbelievable.

There is just way too much "money" surrounding this young man. He is in the game pretty deep.

YES !!! ... and what a waste of good Champagne !!!!

How much bigger can this case get?
That is a question I am truly scared to have answered.

These photos are unbelievable.

There is just way too much "money" surrounding this young man. He is in the game pretty deep.

BBM: ITA. No words.

What I don't get, is why do people post pictures like this in full view?

There is so much evidence on social media, it's insane. So bold

Laura was a bright and bubbly, extroverted, educated, accomplished, slim, fit and beautiful woman who loved children and animals.

That is the woman SL knew, and was partnered with until the end of 2011.

In 6 months, drugs changed everything.

LB believed LE were the good guys. When she had troubles in March 2012, she turned to LE.

The least that LE can do for her, is prove her right.

YES !!! ... and what a waste of good Champagne !!!!

I am wondering if the champagne is not his "packaging and/or delivery method"

(my apologies if that is what you meant..been a long day and words are flying out before thought)

BBM: ITA. No words.

What I don't get, is why do people post pictures like this in full view?

There is so much evidence on social media, it's insane. So bold

I think it's a good thing some of these bad azz people like to post these pictures and are stupid enough to do it. A picture speaks a 1000 words they say and recalling back to the large computer seizure, bet LE have a lot to go on. Some doubted it to be that huge of a bust but I won't be surprised if it is the largest busts as was claimed. This dude has 17 followers alone and IMO he's gang affiliated. That's a whole lot of info.

I wonder when we're going to hear murder charges laid against this guy, his next court date? Murderer for hire? Could he be the third suspect? MOO.

Dellen Millard case: Laura Babcock’s body not recovered in Ontario

The province's coroner's office says it has never opened an investigation into the Laura Babcock murder, something it would do if remains were found in Ontario.

The coroner’s office would only confirm that no remains were uncovered and examined in Ontario. It could not comment on the possibility her remains were found in another province or country.

Interesting. JMO

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...a_babcocks_body_not_recovered_in_ontario.html

As police laid charges against Smich and Millard for Babcock’s death, they also charged Millard with first-degree murder in connection with his father’s death, which was deemed a suicide in 2012.

Kevin Bryan, a retired detective who worked with the York Regional Police forensic unit for 16 years, believes the family would be told if her body had been found, but said police would have other evidence of her death.

“Now they’ve laid a murder charge which means they do have some evidence that she’s dead. . . . What that is, I don’t know and they’re not going to tell us that either,” said Bryan.

“They don’t go out and lay the charge in a situation like this without extensive consultation with the prosecutions office.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...a_babcocks_body_not_recovered_in_ontario.html

The title of today's article makes me think that she or her ashes are in another place. A fb commenter posted early on that she may be found in Croatia.

The title of today's article makes me think that she or her ashes are in another place. A fb commenter posted early on that she may be found in Croatia.

Another comment that I found interesting was the reference to Karla Homolka re video evidence and the subsequent lessons from that.

I get so frustrated that it takes sooooo long to get to trial -- the system needs some serious revamping ...

I think there may video and LE won't tell Laura's family right now in the hopes they may be able to recover her body/remains. IIRC, in the case of Johnny Altinger who was killed by Mark Twitchell on video, LE laid the charges prior to finding any remains.

Hopefully, there is computer evidence of searches like "how to burn a body completely" and similar things.

I have to wonder if MS has been talking. Maybe not to LE but to other jail birds. Could this be part of the reason why he wasn't put into segregation in the beginning as DM was? LE were hoping he would start to share information with fellow inmates on what he knew or boast about things kwim. LE saw him as the weaker one who might talk?Recalling back to Michael R and how he had asked undercover officers if they had any drugs. Some addicts in jail/prison will spill their guts with the hope of getting a fix from other inmates.

That last visit back to the barn by LE in search of LB leads me to believe MS told someone what happened to LB and they were there looking for evidence to back MS's story. My thought is is there has to be something involving those barrels of chemicals. Why else would investigators have had so much interest in them. Did MS and DM incinerate LB and then put some of her remains into a barrel full of chemicals figuring that would obliterate any trace of her? IMO something happened in that barn.

Matou that article is very curious regarding another province or country. But how would DM go about transporting LB even if there was just ashes? I don't believe the incinerator would do a thorough enough job kwim. As SnooperD explained in a recent post, even at a crematorium they have to go through a process and grind remains up. Maybe some of her ashes along with his fathers? I cannot see the whole inconvenience, risk and trouble involved in that possibility of her remains being in Croatia. Going through customs and baggage checks. Unless DM flew a plane himself and disposed of remains that way in another country or province. Recalling back to the one article, May 16, 2013, really bothers me. At that time LE didn't know much about LB and her connection to DM and MS. They had some information, but I assume it was more so a hunch they were going on when they dug up areas on the farmland. Maybe TB's truck seats were also incinerated and made up for the large volume of charred material or some brush. I would suspect if LB's ashes/remains were found in the incinerator also, they would have turned them over to her family just as they did for TB's family. JMO.

“It could be an important part of the investigation or they want to ensure they haven’t tainted any witnesses, or perhaps they have a statement from an accused,” said Brown.

Despite suggestions the volume of charred material recovered exceeded what would be expected from a man of Mr. Bosma’s size, there is no evidence of additional victims, police said.

“The report of further bodies is totally untrue at this time,” Staff-Sgt. Kavanagh told the National Post.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...rom-property-of-suspect-in-tim-bosmas-murder/

Police placed two undercover officers in the cells with him and they went to court the next day with him, too, court heard.

Rafferty asked the officers if they had any drugs on them, saying he took either five 80-milligram "Oxy" pills or a dozen 40-milligram pills a day, or between 20 and 30 Percocets.

"It's going to be a hard few days," Rafferty told them.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/04/05/michael-rafferty-trial-search_n_1404859.html

Hopefully, there is computer evidence of searches like "how to burn a body completely" and similar things.

Its amazing what they can find out..

This also made me giggle at the thought of any of us ever being witness to something (or the like) and investigated ...

Imagine the shock at the sites we have looked at in our sleuthing !!

"But after she graduated from the University of Toronto, she began clashing with her parents at home. Friends say in the end she was doing hard drugs and struggling with mental illness. She was on a variety of medications and had a recent diagnosis of multiple personality disorder that she believed could be treated."

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2014/04/12/tim_bosma_murder_case_laura_babcock_dead_before_she_was_reported_missing_police_allege.htmlhttp://

Among the growing number of peculiarities in this case, it's puzzling that this important information may have slid by the wayside. While it has recently become controversial, most psychologists continue to agree that a key element of multiple personality disorders, more correctly known as "dissociative identity disorder" is amnesia.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/dissociative-identity-disorder-multiple-personality-disorder

I'm no Sherlock, but in the absence of a body (if indeed the body has not been found) I'd think murder investigators should need to be very certain that a missing person is not happily trapped in the life of another "alter" somewhere, perhaps even in another country, with complete amnesia surrounding her "Laura Babcock" personality.

Stranger than fiction? Who knows? Everything about the Millard case(s) is stranger than fiction, if you ask me.

WADR Carli, there are hundreds and hundreds of missing women in Canada, and their last known contacts are not sitting in jail charged with 1st degree murder. Unless and until LE and the Crown have pretty solid evidence of a death, they don't lay murder charges.

I wouldn't be surprised if her ashes weren't dumped on DMs sojourn to the Dalmatian Coast in Croatia.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

I thought it was determined she'd gone missing in July. Wasn't the Croatia trip in June? I could be wrong.

WADR Carli, there are hundreds and hundreds of missing women in Canada, and their last known contacts are not sitting in jail charged with 1st degree murder.

Yes, indeed. Well over a thousand mostly aboriginal women are presently missing in Canada. It's an absolutely heart-breaking travesty.

Unless and until LE and the Crown have pretty solid evidence of a death, they don't lay murder charges.

One can only profoundly hope you're right on this, too, but however one might wish it to be otherwise, LE is not infallible. The laying of charges does not constitute proof of guilt. At least not in Canada. At least not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow