Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.23.17 - Day 1, Opening Statements

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A convicted murderer serving time should not be allowed to defend himself in court. This is wrong in so many levels!

"The b---h started off all skin and bone, now the b---h lay on some ashy stone," Smich sings in the video. "Last time I saw her she was outside the home. If you go swimming you can find her phone."

r.e. skin and bone: was she laying dead in the barn until those two accused figured out how to operate the new incinerator (ashy stone)?

r.e. going swimming: did they throw her phone into Lake Ontario? The Pacific Ocean?

Will we see the blue tarp photo with the dog? I wonder if it was taken at the farm or the house? I wonder if the dog was Marlena's little dog or Dellen's dog Pedo?

r.e. skin and bone: was she laying dead in the barn until those two accused figured out how to operate the new incinerator (ashy stone)?

r.e. going swimming: did they throw her phone into Lake Ontario? The Pacific Ocean?

One of the tweets(?) said Laura's phone went dead on Lakeshore, presumably in Etobicoke. So, yes, it probably went into Lake Ontario.

There’s something about hearing it read aloud so matter-of-factory by a news anchor that makes me glad I read most of the news in print/on screen. [emoji85]

Yes and also the fact that DM admitted to CN that he was still sleeping with Laura. "This made Noudga angry" and shortly afterwards DM contacted his mechanic Schlatman and asked him to construct a homemade incinerator.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
Lisa Hepfner Retweeted [READER]
I would guess so but can't confirm. We heard today, Babcock told CN she was still sleeping with #Millard after Noudga started dating him.
[READER]
Will Christina Noudga be called to the stand?

Sean Lerner, Laura #Babcock's former boyfriend, is next witness. He loaned LB an iPad that was renamed "Mark's iPad" after she disappeared.

Yes and also the fact that DM admitted to CN that he was still sleeping with Laura. "This made Noudga angry" and shortly afterwards DM contacted his mechanic Schlatman and asked him to construct a homemade incinerator.

Do you have a link for these facts? CN knew he was but I missed where he admitted to her that he was having sex with LB and how soon this was before he requested the homemade incinerator.
I'm wondering what I missed......

Do you have a link for these facts? CN knew he was but I missed where he admitted to her that he was having sex with LB and how soon this was before he requested the homemade incinerator.
I'm wondering what I missed......

In the video link I posted from Kitchener CTV

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago

Sean Lerner, Laura #Babcock's former boyfriend, is next witness. He loaned LB an iPad that was renamed "Mark's iPad" after she disappeared.

Caryn Lieberman‏ @caryn_lieberman
Former boyfriend of Laura Babcock, Shawn Lerner, testifies.

Liam Casey‏ @liamdevlincasey
Shawn Lerner, Laura Babcock's ex boyfriend, takes the stand as the second witness in the murder trial of Dellen Millard and Mark Smich

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV
Back in court after lunch break. Shawn Lerner is now on the stand, a one-time boyfriend of Laura Babcock.

Sorry-that should be Shawn Lerner, 27. He is on the stand. Dark, well-fitting suit. Got BA in business admin in 2012. Self employed sm bus.

Lerner says he and Babcock met online. She was an “amazing and bubbly person.”

marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO
New witness Millard and Smich.
Shawn Lerner 27-yrs. Met Laura on-line went out for a year and half broke up Christmas 2012. Amazing person.

Shawn Lerner is on now. I feel so badly that he needs to confront DM again over all of this.

Lerner calls Babcock as an amazing girl, with a big heart.

Lerner & #Babcock met online summer 2010. Dated 1.5 yrs, until Xmas '11, or Jan '12 "She was amazing bubbly person. Loved kids. Big heart"

Lerner and Babcock dated for a year and a half. Says she suffered from mental health issues, “struggling with some of those issues.”

Lerner remained friends with Babcock after their breakup.

Laura had "mental health issues," Lerner says, before they broke up. They stayed friends, spoke often. #Babcock #Millard #Smich

Cristina Tenaglia‏ @cristina_CP24
2.20 pm- Babcock's exboyfriend and friend Shawn Lerner called as Crown's 2nd witness. "We met online" says Shawn. "She was my girlfriend."

“Borderline personality disorder” is what Laura was diagnosed with, says Lerner.

Cristina Tenaglia‏Verified account @cristina_CP24
They started dating in Summer 2010, dated for a year and a half.

Cristina Tenaglia‏Verified account @cristina_CP24
Shawn re Laura. "She was an amazing, bubbly person...she loved kids. A big heart."

Lerner says Babcock struggled with mental health issues as they dated, she told him she was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder.

Caryn Lieberman‏Verified account @caryn_lieberman
Lerner says he saw her in hospital in late 2011.

Lerner says Laura was "all round great girl , ppl gravitated to her." She suffered from borderline personality disorder. She struggled.

#Babcock was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, Lerner says. Hospitalized for a couple days after "flare up" of emotions

Lerner never knew #Babcock to hurt herself. Knew her parents. Says relationship with them "at first, great." But later, more fights.

Babcock was bouncing around with her dog, staying with different friends, Lerner says. She was looking for a more permanent place.

Lerner didn't always know where she was staying after they broke up. She was looking for something permanent outside of her parents house.

June 2012, Babcock called Lerner & told him she didn't have a place to stay. He picked her up, got her a hotel room.

Babcock asked Lerner if she could borrow an iPad to look for places to live. He gave her one over dinner. Didn't see her again.

I attended a number of the pre-trial motions, and also the morning today. Millard and his tactics leave me feeling ill. Just MO.

marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO 3
Lerner, on June 25, offered to put her up at a hotel. Took her out to dinner.
That was the last time I saw her. Last text July 1 2012.

Lerner still got text msgs from #Babcock up until July 1st. "When I left her she was in really good spirits." Looking fwd to "next steps."

Babcock had her dog and bags of personal belongings with her when they met. Needed a dog-friendly hotel. Stayed 2 nights in Roncesvalles.

Lerner paid for a hotel for Babcock for two nights to help her out while she looked for a place to live, he says.

Lerner paid for the hotel, #Babcock had cash on her, "maybe $3200," she was saving for an apartment, but Lerner paid hotel.

Lerner got her the dog and she loved it.

Maybe the phone is buried in the swamp at the farm or somewhere near where the Bosma gun(s) were dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en