Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.24.17 - Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another twist is in the dynamics between Smich and Millard. Will Millard try to punish Smich and testify? Is Smich going to give his version of the events in an act of desperation? They both got little or nothing to lose.

I'd like to see DM call himself as a witness and examine his own testimony, that'd be a show.

But your comments caused me to think (probably this has already been discussed) that DM is counsel on his own behalf to intimidate Smich, who he doesn't want to testify.

She had a phone plan because that's how SL found out that DM was the last contact made from LB's phone.

She was more then likely told by DM that they were going on a trip and to drop dog off at her parents that the dog couldn't go.

MOO

I meant she didn't have a phone plan with unlimited phone calls, but she paid by the call and that's why they were itemized.

She had a phone plan because that's how SL found out that DM was the last contact made from LB's phone.

She was more then likely told by DM that they were going on a trip and to drop dog off at her parents that the dog couldn't go.

MOO

I agree that's likely about the dog. But that doesn't explain why she went silent on Facebook for those days.

I'd like to see DM call himself as a witness and examine his own testimony, that'd be a show.

But your comments caused me to think (probably this has already been discussed) that DM is counsel on his own behalf to intimidate Smich, who he doesn't want to testify.

I didn't even realize that it would be Millard cross-examining Smich. If that happens.............

SL did remarkable on the stand. DM made himself look more like an idiot with those rediculous questions...

"you, don't like me, do you? And you find me sketchy?"

Not sure what he was trying to prove there. Do ya'll maybe think he wanted to hear "oh, I don't hate you" and "No, you're not sketchy. You're such a nice guy" 😂😂

I'm probably giving DM way, WAY too much credit but I suspect he asked that so that he could ask later on if LB was SL's first sexual partner in order to demonstrate that SL was a biased witness and doesn't like DM because he thought DM was sleeping with LB rather than because he killed her.

Did the TD Bank guy mention which day Laura last accessed her account (the twitter I was following, just said "early July")? It may have been mentioned here, but I haven't read every post.

I know the date of her death has been estimated as July 3-4, but if Shawn Lerner determined she last logged into her Facebook a/c on July 1st (which was also the date he last heard from her), but phone records show she called DM four times on July 2 and four times on July 3rd - how do we know that it was actually Laura that called DM?

Smich took over her ipad (did he have her password, or manage to change it). I know nothing will bring Laura back, but I'd like to know where she was for a couple of days they killed her.

I have the following:
June 30 - dropped dog off at parents home because she "was going on a trip" assume with DM
July 1 - last logged onto Facebook and last text message to Shawn
July 2 - her phone called DM four times
July 3 - her phone called DM four times

This might all become clearer, as we get to hear more testimony (especially from IT guys (and find out where her phone was when DM was called 8 times.

Good time line! I completely agree.

I suspect that he is patting himself on the back as we speak. He is so arrogant and delusional that he truly believes that he is smarter and more insightful than all others. IMO in the weeks leading up to her death, he likely convinced her that they would go off together and that he was choosing her. My theory is that he would have planned out her dropping off the dog and the money so that it would like she was a runaway or potentially a suicide victim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was also thinking this too.. I literally can picture him in his holding cell speaking out loud to himself about how well he believes he did. Debating every detail (think jailhouse letters) of his cross.. how can he twist this or that in his favour.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I didn't even realize that it would be Millard cross-examining Smich. If that happens.............

That might not happen, there is something in the law where the crown can prevent a self represented defendant from cross examining someone they have a personal relationship with and have an attorney step in instead.

Ann Brocklehurst‏ @AnnB03
I've put @triallive tweets from Laura Babcock murder trial days 1 and 2 on Patreon. Anyone can read

https://www.patreon.com/posts/15032612

Thanks for the link - it's really useful to be able to see ABro's posts.
And
many thanks for all the hard work you have done with posting all the tweets - that's some job!

Does anyone have insight into if enough spectators continuously show up, will they move to a bigger courtroom?

I meant she didn't have a phone plan with unlimited phone calls, but she paid by the call and that's why they were itemized.

my kids have a phone plan and the monthly invoice itemizes each call even though there is no charge for each call..

I really hope they call CN to testify because how did she not know that something thing was wrong after her boyfriend told her he was going to make Laura disappear and she actually did? On top of that, she joined the find Laura Facebook page when she went missing. She is pure evil.

Re her TD bank activity
The Crown submitted as evidence Babcock's bank statements showing this activity mostly coming to a halt after the date she's alleged to have been killed.

The bank employee testified on Tuesday that some of the transactions completed after this date were connected to the accounts of Babcock's parents or were carried out automatically by the bank.
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/toronto/babcock-trial-day-two-1.4368877

I have an unlimited plan, but still get an itemized list of calls.....I honestly don’t think DM/MS had any thought they would get caught and weren’t worried about covering their butts at all....invincible.....MOO

I have an unlimited plan, but still get an itemized list of calls.....I honestly don’t think DM/MS had any thought they would get caught and weren’t worried about covering their butts at all....invincible.....MOO

I guess, and they'd have gotten away with it, too, if not for that phone bill. DM learned his lesson and bought a burner phone for the Bosma murder.

Edited to add, if DM had ever been a real drug dealer, I think he'd have been more careful about who called his personal phone number.

I guess, and they'd have gotten away with it, too, if not for that phone bill. DM learned his lesson and bought a burner phone for the Bosma murder.

I don't think they would have gotten away with it without the phone bill. As soon as DM was arrested for the TB murder, people would have started to question the DM/LB connection and he would have eventually been investigated. Having said that, the phone bill could have prevented the TB murder, had the police investigated LB's disappearance more thoroughly.

This is an interesting site, reading what some of you think about what has been said at the trial so far. I am mainly interested in the evidence the Crown will have. I am not interested in the cross-examinations by DM. He seems all over the place. The new thing that I learned on here was about a trip Laura said was planning. Was it with DM? It does explain why she left the dog at her parents home. why wouldn't she tell her parents that she was leaving the dog with them while going on a trip.? Just like DM and MS planned out how to lure Tim Bosma out for a test drive, I think MS and DM carefully planned what to do with Laura. She was already unstable and for DM to then be providing her with drugs says a lot about him. Then if she was taking the drugs due to her mental instability it may have caused her to be worse. What does DM do then, plan to get rid of her Laura did get herself involved with the wrong people, that is an understatement. Her life had spiraled out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18