Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.24.17 - Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the testimony today it sounded like he gave her ecstacy (MDMA). During the last trial it was established that DM sold Oxycontin (remember "orange guys") and other drugs (MH and the toolbox). I don't have time to sift through the hundreds of pages of testimony at the moment.....but he wasn't just dealing pot.

That's correct, I also recall mention of Heroin usage (AM or MH Testimony) RE:Toolbox of drugs brought out at parties..

She left an envelope of cash with her parents. But that leads me to the question of where did $2200 of it go?

Her father testified she left about $1000 in a sealed envelope (not a shoebox, where did that info come from?) on June 30th.

SL testified that when he saw her about a week earlier she had $3200 in cash.

From Liam Casey's June 2014 article about Laura:

On June 30, unbeknownst to her friends, Babcock’s parents came home to find Lacey and a shoebox full of cash, but not their daughter. In hindsight, friends say Babcock’s abandonment of Lacey was ominous. They worried about suicide.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2014/06/07/dellen_millard_murder_of_laura_babcock_leaves_lingering_questions_for_police.html

I will be in court tomorrow and I will try and tweet as much as I can. I'm new to this so be patient with me!

Thanks but keep in mind, unless you're a reporter you won't be able to tweet during the trial. Take notebook and pen and write information to tweet later perhaps. MOO.

ETA: I see you've been forewarned prior to my comment so disregard mine.

Yes thank you. You already stated this a few posts ago, that I could not tweet unless I'm a journalist. Don't worry, my phone will be off.

Thanks but keep in mind, unless you're a reporter you won't be able to tweet during the trial. Take notebook and pen and write information to tweet later perhaps. MOO.

I will! Thank you!

The guy who tweeted her said "And?" after she stopped for awhile and that was her response. He then said this.... I copied it because it was deleted. It made me LOL.
attachment.php

Attachments

• haha.PNG
    haha.PNG
    13.2 KB · Views: 266
I was thinking about that too. Although I'm guessing AM won't be called as a witness because according to hiss FB time-line he was still in Winnipeg during these events. It was the beginning of August he was home and had a big party that seemed to include DM. It was a while following that he started working at the hangar. I'm not sure when the toolbox exactly became their party thing.

I read some of the testimony today and the ex bf said he saw Millard give Laura drugs and it sounded like pills. To someone with some kind of mental health problems that would not be a good thing to give them unprescribed pills. IT looks like DM not only did weed but other drugs. If he was strung out on pills then it explains some of the bizarre things like posting in his cell phone calendar to do a smell test. Many things about him were bizarre and if he was a pill addict that could explain why.

Information that came out during TB's trial was DM and MS were into using different drugs and selling them. They were definitely into the drug scene. I don't doubt DM was the one who turned LB into a drug addict, supplying her with drugs, perhaps ODed her prior to murdering her. MOO.

Earlier in the day, Smich told the court he met Millard when he sold him drugs back in 2008. He told the courtroom that his role changed over the years from being Millard's drug dealer to a close friend.

"Somebody gave him my number when I was selling drugs and he called me randomly," Smich said. "I met up with him and sold him some drugs — that's when we first met.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...k-smich-dellen-millard-murder-trial-1.3576641

Court also heard, in the absence of the jury, that Millard and Smich and their friends used all kinds of drugs from heroin to oxycontin and not just Smich sold drugs. Millard tried to get Smich’s girlfriend to wear a fake pregnancy belly to smuggle drugs across the border and he had his mechanic build secret compartments into a trailer. The judge thought the jury would be unfairly prejudiced against the accused if they heard about the extent of their involvement with drugs.

http://www.chch.com/day-2-deliberations/

During parties, Millard would bring out a yellow and black tool box, which he usually kept locked in his bedroom, and distribute drugs from it to the guests, Michalski said.

There were other “perks” of being friends with Millard.

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Crime/2016/04/14/22623957.html

Michalski also described the call he got from Smich after Millard was arrested on May 10, and his instructions to remove drugs from Millard's home.

"He said that they got Dell, and that I should get all of the drugs out of his house," he said. "He was quite panicked."

Michalski said he put drugs from Millard's home inside a blue Under Armour backpack and put it in the trunk of his car. Smich contacted him again, Michalski testified, and said he wanted him to meet up with Millard's friend Matt Hagerman, who Millard had given a toolbox to before he was arrested.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...he-should-steal-truck-from-nice-guy-1.3532576

Her dad said that she dropped her dog off along with the envelope of money at her parents house on June 30th because she was going on a trip. So logically, she would have been with DM as of later June 30th or early July 1.

I'm assuming that at least some of the last 8 calls to DM happened after June 30th? So what happened? Why was a girl who by all accounts was always on her phone and always on Facebook all of a sudden silent to everyone EXCEPT DM?

My best guess is that she was killed on July 1st and because DM and MS are half wits, they decided to use her phone to call DM over the next few days because either MS needed a phone or because they half thought things out and wanted to make it look like she was alive longer than she actually was

I looked up the earliest stories when SL was talking to the media, he said when he
obtained the missing woman's final phone records from her parents, he noticed eight calls between Ms. Babcock and Mr. Millard on July 2 and 3
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/ne...een-dellen-millard-and-missing-woman/article1

I don't think DM would deliberately point to himself as the last person to be in contact with LB, however it's possible MS used her phone to call DM. I think they believed if they got rid of the phone, there wouldn't be any call history to track. I guess she didn't have an unlimited calling plan, like they probably did.

The issue about her apparently stopping posting on facebook, along with dropping off her dog and savings at home, and saying she was going on a trip, all point, to me, to DM telling her to do these things, so he could more easily make her disappear: he didn't want to deal with her dog, for eg. He might have isolated her for a while, just to guarantee no one was in close touch with her who would know where she was.

I worry about his statement to CD "First I'm going to hurt her".

Hello all - I just caught up on today’s posts. I can’t quite put into words the feeling that this all gives me. Sick, I guess.

I will be here to help transcribe tomorrow. SnooperDuper and others - I can cover the CBC blog if you can continue with the tweets. If the blog is light, I can likely pick up a few tweets too. Depends how quick it’s paced tomorrow.

Wonder if DM is stressing over his day job defending himself at trial, or if this is just a big joke to him.

I looked up the earliest stories when SL was talking to the media, he said when he https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/ne...een-dellen-millard-and-missing-woman/article1

I don't think DM would deliberately point to himself as the last person to be in contact with LB, however it's possible MS used her phone to call DM. I think they believed if they got rid of the phone, there wouldn't be any call history to track. I guess she didn't have an unlimited calling plan, like they probably did.

The issue about her apparently stopping posting on facebook, along with dropping off her dog and savings at home, and saying she was going on a trip, all point, to me, to DM telling her to do these things, so he could more easily make her disappear: he didn't want to deal with her dog, for eg. He might have isolated her for a while, just to guarantee no one was in close touch with her who would know where she was.

I worry about his statement to CD "First I'm going to hurt her".

She had a phone plan because that's how SL found out that DM was the last contact made from LB's phone.

She was more then likely told by DM that they were going on a trip and to drop dog off at her parents that the dog couldn't go.

MOO

SL did remarkable on the stand. DM made himself look more like an idiot with those rediculous questions...

"you, don't like me, do you? And you find me sketchy?"

Not sure what he was trying to prove there. Do ya'll maybe think he wanted to hear "oh, I don't hate you" and "No, you're not sketchy. You're such a nice guy" 😂😂

He gave her MDMA, which is not addictive and doesn't make you strung out. That being said, just looking at his photos he looks like a meth head, and that he was in a lot deeper than MDMA and Coke.

I don't know... coming down from MDMA can leave you a little "off". The serotonin rush leads to an inevitable crash and (temporary) chemical imbalance, which can really screw with one's moods. Pure MDMA is often combined with stimulants, which can lead to extended wakefulness i.e. sleep loss and all the corresponding icky effects that accompany that. It's not uncommon for speed (amphetamine) to be combined with MDMA in a pressed pill. Also, anyone who's already into coke, and also using ecstasy, is likely throwing coke into the MDMA party at some point, whether to enhance the high, enhance stamina/wakefulness, or offset the "mashy", sidelining effects of pure MDMA.

It annoys me they dwell on her marijuana use, which is common self medicating tenancy of someone with mental health issues.

YES. !

Did the TD Bank guy mention which day Laura last accessed her account (the twitter I was following, just said "early July")? It may have been mentioned here, but I haven't read every post.

I know the date of her death has been estimated as July 3-4, but if Shawn Lerner determined she last logged into her Facebook a/c on July 1st (which was also the date he last heard from her), but phone records show she called DM four times on July 2 and four times on July 3rd - how do we know that it was actually Laura that called DM?

Smich took over her ipad (did he have her password, or manage to change it). I know nothing will bring Laura back, but I'd like to know where she was for a couple of days before she was killed.

I have the following:
June 30 - dropped dog off at parents home because she "was going on a trip" assume with DM
July 1 - last logged onto Facebook and last text message to Shawn
July 2 - her phone called DM four times
July 3 - her phone called DM four times

This might all become clearer, as we get to hear more testimony (especially from IT guys) and find out where her phone was when DM was called 8 times.

I wonder if the prosecutors have to point to the specific disclosure items that they'll bring up (we'll use files A.doc, B.jpg and so on).

If not, there may be surprises for the defense during the forensic testimony. Scanning through 30TB of data and evaluating every single file is impossible without a substantial team. I doubt they'll get any convincing DNA or blood samples. Do they rely only on the cell pings to place LB and the degenerates together on 3rd and 4th?

Another twist is in the dynamics between Smich and Millard. Will Millard try to punish Smich and testify? Is Smich going to give his version of the events in an act of desperation? They both got little or nothing to lose.

Wonder if DM is stressing over his day job defending himself at trial, or if this is just a big joke to him.

I suspect that he is patting himself on the back as we speak. He is so arrogant and delusional that he truly believes that he is smarter and more insightful than all others. IMO in the weeks leading up to her death, he likely convinced her that they would go off together and that he was choosing her. My theory is that he would have planned out her dropping off the dog and the money so that it would like she was a runaway or potentially a suicide victim.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member