Laura Babcock Murder Trial 10.24.17 - Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago
Witness is taking the court through Babcock's bank statements.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
TD bank got court order to produce Laura #Babcock's account information. We are looking at her Visa statement from June 2012.

https://twitter.com/HefCHCHNews
https://twitter.com/ShannonMartinTV

Okay, all reporters seem preoccupied with the Sudbury by-election bribery trial.......nothing for a while.

Anyone know why Adam Carter didn't get this one? I was really hoping on him for the reporting aspect. He was always on his game and not many lulls in tweets.

The coverage is disappointing. I hope it will pick up later when there is expert testimony. Only 3 reporters consistently reporting throughout the day.

Oct 24 2017 3:12 PMA TD Bank employee is now testifying about Laura Babcock's banking information. Statements that showed she stopped accessing her accounts around the time she disappeared were introduced as evidence on Monday.

One reason why Millard's cross-examinations are generating so much interest -- beside the fact that it's such an uncommon scenario -- is that what the Crown is currently doing with many of these witnesses is simply trying to prove Laura Babcock is dead.

This may seem obvious in a murder trial, but it's not here because Babcock's body was never found.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/babcock-trial-day-two-1.4368877

The coverage is disappointing. I hope it will pick up later when there is expert testimony. Only 3 reporters consistently reporting throughout the day.

@TrialLive has like 6 tweets for every one from those 3 reporters too :(

I know a lot of people come here because they don't have/want Twitter.

1) CBC Live Blog has more than just tweets, e.g., below from Trevor Dunn -
maybe someone can cover the blog?
http://live.cbc.ca/Event/Laura_Babcock_murder_trial

A TD Bank employee is now testifying about Laura Babcock's banking information. Statements that showed she stopped accessing her accounts around the time she disappeared were introduced as evidence on Monday.

One reason why Millard's cross-examinations are generating so much interest -- beside the fact that it's such an uncommon scenario -- is that what the Crown is currently doing with many of these witnesses is simply attempting to prove Laura Babcock is dead.

This may seem obvious in a murder trial, but it's not here because Babcock's body was never found.

So the Crown is introducing evidence to show that Babcock's banking activity stopped after she disappeared -- and if there was activity after the date they allege she died, it was done by her family.

Other witnesses presented evidence that the Crown hopes will convince the jury of this too. So far, three friends, along with ex-bofriend Shawn Lerner, have given testimony suggesting that Babcock was regularly in contact with them until about the time the Crown alleges she died, and that her communication suddenly stopping was not normal.

2) ABro is going to be posting the @TrialLive tweets on her Patreon site as soon as she figures out the best way to do it. Soon.

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV 7m7 minutes ago
Millard sits at desk furthest from the judge, closest to the gallery, turns to look back at those in the court, including Babcock's parents

Shannon Martin‏ @ShannonMartinTV 27s27 seconds ago
Court is breaking for a 20 minute afternoon recess.

https://twitter.com/ShannonMartinTV

That's it for me too. I wont be at a computer when court resumes. Someone please take over.

@TrialLive has like 6 tweets for every one from those 3 reporters too :(

I know a lot of people come here because they don't have/want Twitter.

1) CBC Live Blog has more than just tweets, e.g., below from Trevor Dunn -
maybe someone can cover the blog?
http://live.cbc.ca/Event/Laura_Babcock_murder_trial

2) ABro is going to be posting the @TrialLive tweets on her Patreon site as soon as she figures out the best way to do it. Soon.

Yes we need some more courtroom filler when there is nothing to Tweet about. Information about the accused and what's happening round the courtroom. Try and give the rest of us who are not there a sense of what I is like inside.

Curious to know who DM's friends were that showed up yesterday according to Abro.. Wonder if they've shown up again today?

I was able to take a break from work so I decided to go over to the court and sit in on the trial for a bit. But when I got there I couldnt bring myself to go in. There's evil in that room and I just couldn't do it.

I'm surprised. I went to law school. I don't practice law but I've been to court a number of times. It's not a big deal for me at all but something inside me slammed on the brakes and that was that.

Prayers for strength for Laura's family along with all the witnesses who knew her being called to be there. It would be an awful thing to go through regardless but knowing without a doubt the evil those two are capable of...I don't want to breathe the same air

I don't blame you! It is one thing to follow online, read books and engage in discussion but another thing to throw yourself into the trauma of the situation, even as an observer!

Unbelievable, I am sure the witness had to do everything they could not to laugh in his face.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
Ok court is restarting with more evidence that Laura #Babcock didn't access her money or credit after she disappeared. Last witness.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
I will be getting set for 6pm @CHCHNews. Catch full story then & tweets when court resumes tomorrow

marianne boucher‏ @CityCourtsTO
Millard and Smich murder trial last witness today is officer from bank providing evidence of last bank transactions made by Laura Babcock.

I read some of the testimony today and the ex bf said he saw Millard give Laura drugs and it sounded like pills. To someone with some kind of mental health problems that would not be a good thing to give them unprescribed pills. IT looks like DM not only did weed but other drugs. If he was strung out on pills then it explains some of the bizarre things like posting in his cell phone calendar to do a smell test. Many things about him were bizarre and if he was a pill addict that could explain why.

I will be in court tomorrow and I will try and tweet as much as I can. I'm new to this so be patient with me!

I am certain that it is actually way harder than it looks. Hard to listen, curate on the fly, and then type quickly and accurately - while still listening. Thanks in advance for your efforts!

I am certain that it is actually way harder than it looks. Hard to listen, curate on the fly, and then type quickly and accurately - while still listening. Thanks in advance for your efforts!

No problem! I'm sure if I'm typing quickly there will be spelling mistakes lol

I read some of the testimony today and the ex bf said he saw Millard give Laura drugs and it sounded like pills. To someone with some kind of mental health problems that would not be a good thing to give them unprescribed pills. IT looks like DM not only did weed but other drugs. If he was strung out on pills then it explains some of the bizarre things like posting in his cell phone calendar to do a smell test. Many things about him were bizarre and if he was a pill addict that could explain why.

He gave her MDMA, which is not addictive and doesn't make you strung out. That being said, just looking at his photos he looks like a meth head, and that he was in a lot deeper than MDMA and Coke.

It annoys me they dwell on her marijuana use, which is common self medicating tenancy of someone with mental health issues.

Thank you so much to SnooperDuper and ILoveDateline for covering the tweets. It is greatly appreciated.

And if LemonCloud can add to the mix, that would be great !!

:yourock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member