Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.01.17 - Day 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something must have happened between CN and LB in April for DM to send that 'removing her from our lives' text message. I can't imagine he just fired that out of the blue unless CN just wouldn't let it go for months.

Not unlikely that she couldn't let it go. Also he had gone to Reno with her (CN) for a vacation late April to about May 5. It was May 5 he texted AM to keep an eye on LB. Perhaps CN had fueled his fire.

After murdering LB why wouldn't DM use LB's phone to call several people from her contacts list? Just to muddy the waters for detectives on the trial? Didn't he think it would look bad he was the last one she contacted? Call some ppl just to leave a decoy trial and then discard the phone. So why? Does it once again come back to simply stupid? Luckily for him the word stupid also applied to the police.

Cause her phone was in the lake I guess.

It's not just wham bam you're dead and burned.

Made me laugh out loud.

And for sloppy, lazy, entitled dudes, a lot of work they're not used to.

I just looked at the timeline I've been keeping since the beginning and there are some things that I had forgotten about in the early years. I wish I had noted the sources.

June 7, 2005 – 75 yr old man falls off scaffold at Brantford airport working on Millardair plane and dies. DM present.

Late June/early July 2005 – DM’s gf in NYC (who he had moved to NY to be with) jumped off balcony after talking to him on phone (he was having sex with Josie at the time).

Early July 2005 – DM gets new girlfriend; ends badly a year or two later, with assault charges against gf.

2008 - MS and DM meet. DM has gf named Eryn.

2009 – Landlord Tenant Board dispute; DM and friends tamper with tenant’s engine night before hearing.

April 2009 - DM and JS in Europe.

Sep 27, 2009 – DM creates passion.com profile; uses name Evan

DM was toxic long before he met CN.

Wow, thanks. And do you know how DM & MS met?

I wonder if the last 8 calls made to DM were not made by LB at all, but by someone else in possession of her phone after she was ‘taken care of’. Including the access to voicemail if the person knew/guessed her code. MS seemed to have a lot of issues with his own phone (revealed during TB trial when he would borrow MM’s phone), so maybe he used LB’s to contact DM. Just a theory, MOO of course.

You can guess at this point until clarified. I was guessing yesterday maybe she was trying to find him at the Ribfest. There are photos online of the July 2, 2012 Ribfest (not sure if they meant the Centennial Park one or Mississauga as lots of places have them). Anyhow, Got thinking you know when you're trying to find someone, but the calls were about an hour apart in most cases though 1 min. (SPECULATION)

MS's wrap lyric:

"Last time I saw her’s outside the home"

I'm intrigued he used the term "the home" rather than "her home" probably because it was Maplegate. (IMO)

So I was researching body decomposition. The barn would have been covered with maggots and flies and fluids leaking out. Does anyone want to speculate that a) maybe she was held somewhere as a hostage over 20 days or b) her body was stored somewhere not in the open like the barn?

Great point re: stored somewhere.
When TPS were at the farm, GPR gridding and later digging, they indicated that they were working from a credible lead. A hole that was dug and refilled would be easily detected by any good GPR.

If the barn didn't pass the smell test, the body might have initially been temporarily buried until the incinerator was ready, then dug up for the "Eliminate" part. At the time, I figured the dig was looking for a body, but now realize TPS may have been looking for DNA only. (speculation only)

I read ABro's book and don't recall about the g/f etc. Do you have another source?

I just looked at the timeline I've been keeping since the beginning and there are some things that I had forgotten about in the early years. I wish I had noted the sources.

June 7, 2005 – 75 yr old man falls off scaffold at Brantford airport working on Millardair plane and dies. DM present.

Late June/early July 2005 – DM’s gf in NYC (who he had moved to NY to be with) jumped off balcony after talking to him on phone (he was having sex with Josie at the time).

Early July 2005 – DM gets new girlfriend; ends badly a year or two later, with assault charges against gf.

2008 - MS and DM meet. DM has gf named Eryn.

2009 – Landlord Tenant Board dispute; DM and friends tamper with tenant’s engine night before hearing.

April 2009 - DM and JS in Europe.

Sep 27, 2009 – DM creates passion.com profile; uses name Evan

DM was toxic long before he met CN.
What is your source for the g/f in NYC? This is the first i have read about it! Please clarify.

Seems more likely it is the end of their case in regards to her lifestyle. End with mental health disclosure and jump right into the forensics of phone records etc

Start with emotional end with facts

I agree they have been background info up until death

I'm getting the impression from Smich's lawyer's lack of questions, that he is not denying that LB was killed by Millard at Maplegate on July 3rd or 4th. I think his defence will be similar to the last trial, that he helped dispose of the body but had now idea the murder was going to take place and that he wasn't there at the time.
!

I am not sure what Dungey's defence will be but I think that his strategy at this point is to not draw the jury's attention to his client until he has to. Right now the name Millard comes up a lot and with DM defending himself he has been front and centre and top of mind at this trial. At the trial I had a tough time remembering that MS was in the room. Sort of out of sight, out of mind. His time will come when texts and other evidence ties him to the crime but for now best to fade into the background.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Made me laugh out loud.

And for sloppy, lazy, entitled dudes, a lot of work they're not used to.

Exactly

That picture of those two - such losers. How dare he take lives. He should have just taken his own.

Quite a lopsided triangle. Just recalled this:

Lisa Whidden, a real-estate agent in Toronto, told a Hamilton jury Tuesday that she and Millard became intimate sometime in spring 2012 after she sold a house for him — an on-and-off relationship that continued until his arrest on May 10, 2013.

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...ed-sympathy-for-bosma-family-trial-hears.html

Add that to the timeline--would be February 2012 I suspect - this from a WS timeline:

February 2012 - DM selling Oakville house which is in ex-fiancee’s name (lived there together briefly)

But since that house was in fiance's name, maybe a different one which would mean a different date.

Great point re: stored somewhere.
When TPS were at the farm, GPR gridding and later digging, they indicated that they were working from a credible lead. A hole that was dug and refilled would be easily detected by any good GPR.

If the barn didn't pass the smell test, the body might have initially been temporarily buried until the incinerator was ready, then dug up for the "Eliminate" part. At the time, I figured the dig was looking for a body, but now realize TPS may have been looking for DNA only. (speculation only)

Excellent point, yes, thus the skid steer and bobcat and areas that looked refreshed "cleaned up." IMO

Wow, thanks. And do you know how DM & MS met?
If memory serves, I think DM texted MS to buy weed, and the rest is history.

Not sure how DM got MS's number but it's not uncommon to hook up with new dealers you don't personally know (friend/acquaintance/current dealer referral).

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Here's a different perspective and of course MOO.
Maybe it was CN who was threatening to spills the beans on DM's illegal activities - perhaps only threats but none the less. CN was pressuring M to remove LB from their lives or she (CN) would talk.

She did keep his letters, and the mention of blackmail came up, so IMO you may be correct.

DM should have hammered the point home about all these men claiming they let her stay with them give her money etc and didn't have sex with her. It's all lies clearly so drive it home so they lose credibility.

IMHO, they are stating under oath that they didn’t have sex with her. And even if they did, why the heck does it matter? It was between consenting adults.

And this issue has nothing whatsoever to do with Laura being murdered and burned in the incinerator. Do you think any one of these other men had access to DELLEN’S incinerator or even knew of its existence?

By saying they, assuming you mean Dellen’s team, “should hammer the point home”, I am curious as to why you think this is at all important?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is believed Laura Babcock was cremated inside a hangar at Millard’s rural property near Kitchener.

The jury was shown photos of Smich standing in front of “The Eliminator” and of an object wrapped in a long blue tarp — taken on Millard’s phone July 4 — the inference that Laura’s 5-foot-10 body was contained within.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...trial-into-laura-babcocks-murder-dimanno.html

I would be guessing to say the writer confused the word hangar for incinerator. Kind of an indication when they mentioned rural property also. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel