Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.01.17 - Day 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not buying the "thrill kill" aspect. With TB & WM there were definitely things to be gained, a motive if you will. I do believe that LB was asking Millard for things, whether it be drugs, a place to stay or sex. Sure Millard could have ignored her, but if she started leveraging her knowledge of his illegal activities, he'd be forced to deal with her.

And if it were just for the thrill of it, why not wait for the incinerator to be in place? Nope, something was urgent, she had to go now and they'd deal with the disposal later.

but even his friends said he didnt have to steal a truck...so why then? He planned to get a truck and kill someone, for no other reason than the fact he could.

When are we gonna see the evidence pics and videos? During the TB trial I'm pretty sure it was up the minute it was declared evidence..with that creepy ominous music and all

but even his friends said he didnt have to steal a truck...so why then? He planned to get a truck and kill someone, for no other reason than the fact he could.

His friends weren't privy to his finances. The first trial showed pretty clearly that Millard was having cash flow problems.

Shoot this really reminds me of Twin Peaks. Her name was Laura too. Laura Palmer. She was a sex worker too that went missing...DM can be Bob. MS can be the log.

When are we gonna see the evidence pics and videos? During the TB trial I'm pretty sure it was up the minute it was declared evidence..with that creepy ominous music and all

Hasn't been much video evidence entered that I can recall. Yesterdays video of LB meowing has already been released.

Hasn't been much video evidence entered that I can recall. Yesterdays video of LB meowing has already been released.

LE went to the Days Inn (Howard Johnston) but of course not until 2013 and of course their security tapes had been taped over.

Just a heads up that Lisa Hepfner will not be in court tomorrow. I hope once the real evidence info starts coming in that other news outlets start sending more people to live tweet.

[video=twitter;925785232934162435]https://twitter.com/HefCHCHNews/status/925785232934162435[/video]

There is a pattern of DM bringing up suitcases. Since he has disclosure from crown, I now strongly suspect the police likely found part of LB suitcase either at the farm or at Maplegate. Time will tell. MOO

So I was researching body decomposition. The barn would have been covered with maggots and flies and fluids leaking out. Does anyone want to speculate that a) maybe she was held somewhere as a hostage over 20 days or b) her body was stored somewhere not in the open like the barn?

There is a pattern of DM bringing up suitcases. Since he has disclosure from crown, I now strongly suspect the police likely found part of LB suitcase either at the farm or at Maplegate. Time will tell. MOO

Ya for sure. That unemployed 30 year old skate boarding scavenger MS probably took it and tagged as Mark's suitcase.

So I was researching body decomposition. The barn would have been covered with maggots and flies and fluids leaking out. Does anyone want to speculate that a) maybe she was held somewhere as a hostage over 20 days or b) her body was stored somewhere not in the open like the barn?

I don't think she was held as a hostage. The Crown has given a time frame in which they contend she was killed. I think the evidence is going to show when she was murdered and it will align with the dates given.

He didn't have a "smell check" reminder in his phone for no reason.

MOO

Yes, this is the case, however being a farm girl myself, and having seen these things....they can decompose really quickly if they are left in the open to the maggots. My guess is she was in that tarp wrapped up, and they buried her in the straw, or used the straw after to mop up what was left.

A deposit, maybe? I don't know how the black market for guns works. It does appear from the texts that MWJ was expecting to get the gun back. Maybe the idea was that he would resell it when Millard was done with it. He wrote to Millard that he could "change the print" if Millard brought it back "dirty".

After a street gun is used in a crime, putting it back into circulation in criminal hands, is not that uncommon. This is why DM asked if it was clean or dirty, the two common classifications of street weapons.
Recirculating makes the detectives job harder - after several hands, they can't as easily pin the use on any one person, especially if the criminals adhere to the "no rat" standard. Whereas if it is hidden, eg thrown in a lake, (or buried in an enchanted forest), it is more likely to be found, and once found, there is a stronger probability of the police following the chain of custody back to the last user. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop