Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.22.17 - Day 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cameron brings up more phone records, back and forth texts that have mostly been deleted.

She shows him the dates and times, and asks him if he remembers sending or receiving them.

"This is six or seven years ago," he says shaking his head.

"I can't say if it was me, I was passing around phones in a group of people."
by Shannon Martin 2:51 PM

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
1m1 minute ago
More
Millard trial attracting a crowd @ 361 University Ave TO
The public have been lining up to get limited seating.
Crown to wrap this week.

She brings up the text messages we saw earlier:

".32 but its a really nice nice copact piece I'm sure u'd like it."

Ward-Jackson says it he wrote the above message, or had his "butler" - a friend he paid to help him out - do it.

Cameron re-asks, who did he sell the gun to?

Ward-Jackson "I assume it went to Mr. Millard."

"He showed interest in it, but I'm not sure if it was for him or a third party," he said.
by Shannon Martin 2:46 PM

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
1m1 minute ago
More
Matthew Ward-Jackson: May have instructed my butler, Mr Horth, to txt about the gun transaction. Horth passed away 3-weeks ago.
"RIP"
Convenient his butler passed

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

And there it is. There was no love triangle. moo

PS. But it contradicts the letters he sent to CN about convincing AM to change his testimony, but to not have sex with him.

But see how he plays these two against each other? In their structured roles, they get DM everything he needs. He plays them both off to believe each is the only one he's trusting with a plan, and as such, is special. This is diabolical on a whole other level.

I didn't realise just how many people suffer from amnesia these days. It's quite an epidemic!

Iisho the A$$ho continues on the stand.. passed his phone around back then.. pfft... shaddup

Crown Jill Cameron continues this exercise.

"As I said before, I'm not going to be able to remember any of them," Ward-Jackson says.

A couple of the messages have been recovered, including the description of the .32.

A Toronto police officer previously testified at this trial - he went through messages exchanged between "Isho" and Millard, including this one and said a .32 is slang for a handgun - which is what we're hearing from Ward-Jackson now.

He repeats a phrase he said earlier, "I was just facilitating a transaction between two parties."

"It was a spur of a moment, something is available. I had possession of it for 5 to 10 minutes. Just, 'do you want it? hi and bye.'"

by Shannon Martin 2:58 PM

Iisho the A$$ho continues on the stand.. passed his phone around back then.. pfft... shaddup

And I believe he got off on another weapons charge because they couldn't prove it was his place of residence. Seems he is street smart with a short term selective memory. MOO

I didn't realise just how many people suffer from amnesia these days. It's quite an epidemic!

It works in his favour to have amnesia’ he won’t last long in the can as a rat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If nothing else, the Crown is showing how hard it is to get information from anyone DM or MS associated with. The jury might pick up on the fact that the texts are doubly important because people wouldn't talk. JMO

Crown Jill Cameron continues this exercise.

"As I said before, I'm not going to be able to remember any of them," Ward-Jackson says.

A couple of the messages have been recovered, including the description of the .32.

A Toronto police officer previously testified at this trial - he went through messages exchanged between "Isho" and Millard, including this one and said a .32 is slang for a handgun - which is what we're hearing from Ward-Jackson now.

He repeats a phrase he said earlier, "I was just facilitating a transaction between two parties."

"It was a spur of a moment, something is available. I had possession of it for 5 to 10 minutes. Just, 'do you want it? hi and bye.'"

by Shannon Martin 2:58 PM
But he pleaded guilty to trafficking already

I don't think the tweet stated what platform or games other than Halo, but I believe it was Zygocyte.

Interesting choice of a username - zygocyte, or zygote, is a fertilized ovum. I am reminded (from the very early days of the TB case) of a genetics-type database where DM had posted an intro of some sort, searching for relatives - in context, it sounded like products of AI or sperm donors. Never heard anything further about this, but it did make me wonder whether in fact DM is WM's biological son, or (alternative possibility) if WM had children via another relationship. Fun fact, Paul Bernardo was not the biological son of his father - he was the product of an extramarital affair between his mother and a "prominent" K-W businessman. PB's learning of this fact in a traumatic way at age 16 sent him off the rails. Might have happened anyway, but....

Not that it makes any difference to this case, but I strongly suspect DM was wired wrong from the start, and can't help speculating on possible explanations.

So Ish was hanging with Smich's sister? I guess the gansta tattoos didn't phase off the Smich fam at all. JMO
Perhaps that's where the inspiration for the slide at about 14.50 in this presentation came from:
[video=youtube;kh0xcvEdQ4Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh0xcvEdQ4Q[/video]

Perhaps that's where the inspiration for the slide at about 14.50 in this presentation came from:
[video=youtube;kh0xcvEdQ4Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh0xcvEdQ4Q[/video]
I don't believe it was this sister that was hanging around Ish
This one was known as the top 30 under 30 before MS was arrested and married as well.
Pretty certain it was his other sister who lived at home. MOO

Cameron pulls up more text messages, July 2, 2013.

A message reads "They said they gonna tell me how much in 5 mins."

Another talks about "domes" - Ward-Jackson says he doesn't know what that means. He can't recall.

"I don't think anyone in the courtroom would remember a text message from several years ago," he says.
by Shannon Martin 3:09 PM

Looks like Marianne Boucher has dropped out. Nothing new except the observation about 20 minutes ago that the trial is attracting a crowd at the court house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurorabae