Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.22.17 - Day 20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, a member (November??) whom attended court commented on DM's "Ski-Jump" nose.
Definitely seeing the ski-jump in this courtroom depiction

attachment.php

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPPvfioXkAEwI6C.jpg

Attachments

• DPPvfioXkAEwI6C.jpg
    DPPvfioXkAEwI6C.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 235
millard-handgun-babcock.jpg

Court heard this gun was found at Millard's home in Etobicoke, Ont., by police in November 2012. (Court exhibit)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/babcock-millard-smich-murder-trial-day-19-1.4413299

This photo actually jogs my memory and puts some pieces together:

July 3
2:56 pm - MJW texts DM - if all goes as planned you'll have domes tonight for the 500 we agree'd
6:19pm - DM texts MJW - it says '32 long' on the side of it. can send pic as soon I'm home

Which is obviously this photo - and about getting ammo.

7:33pm - DM texts MS - tru. I'm on a mission back in 1 hr.

I think this is DM going to out to get ammo he's discussed with MWJ.

Radio silence on the phones from this point until 12:42am. Some point soon after DM gets back, he and/or MS kill LB.

After they kill her - MS goes to the basement and starts low key freaking out. Asks where DM is, if he's going to sleep and if he can come talk to him. Meanwhile DM has gotten high and has no worries.

Does anyone get the feeling DM may have spent his money on arranging for the witnesses to have amnesia attacks for the trial.....INSTEAD of getting a defence lawyer for himself? MOO

When Lockhart re-crosses AM, why do you think he asks if DM had confessed to him, if he would have called the police? AM says yes. Then Lockhart finishes?

When Lockhart re-crosses AM, why do you think he asks if DM had confessed to him, if he would have called the police? AM says yes. Then Lockhart finishes?

I took it as attempt to show that it would not have been in DM’s interest to confide this in anyone, because they all would have done the right thing and called the police. With my take on this crew, I had a hard time typing that with a straight face. MOO.

So is this the gun that MS supposedly “wanted” but DM got instead? Or is there a third handgun?

Sorry to quote myself, I’m posting without finishing my thoughts... I mean the one that has been referenced with regards to the zombie-killing ammo. Per his little friend’s testimony in the TB trial. Sorry guys I’ve had a long day, my mind is mush.

This photo actually jogs my memory and puts some pieces together:

July 3
2:56 pm - MJW texts DM - if all goes as planned you'll have domes tonight for the 500 we agree'd
6:19pm - DM texts MJW - it says '32 long' on the side of it. can send pic as soon I'm home

Which is obviously this photo - and about getting ammo.

7:33pm - DM texts MS - tru. I'm on a mission back in 1 hr.

I think this is DM going to out to get ammo he's discussed with MWJ.

Radio silence on the phones from this point until 12:42am. Some point soon after DM gets back, he and/or MS kill LB.

After they kill her - MS goes to the basement and starts low key freaking out. Asks where DM is, if he's going to sleep and if he can come talk to him. Meanwhile DM has gotten high and has no worries.

That's what I was wondering, where did DM go at 7:30pm on the 3rd? But I agree with this theory with the MWJ text filling in the gaps. So, who's now of the opinion that LB was shot?

Yesterday, a member (November??) whom attended court commented on DM's "Ski-Jump" nose.
Definitely seeing the ski-jump in this courtroom depiction

attachment.php

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DPPvfioXkAEwI6C.jpg

Why is it that the only thing that MSM gives us is the full face-on danny-dimwit photo of DM?
They always do that.
Have you ever seen any other photo of Picton except the one in the dirty long-johns?

Thank you! I started smiling as I neared the end of your explanation.
I took it as attempt to show that it would not have been in DM’s interest to confide this in anyone, because they all would have done the right thing and called the police. With my take on this crew, I had a hard time typing that with a straight face. MOO.

Why is it that the only thing that MSM gives us is the full face-on danny-dimwit photo of DM?
They always do that.
Have you ever seen any other photo of Picton except the one in the dirty long-johns?

There have been dozens of different photos of Millard in the MSM. <modsnip>

When I read it Lockhart said "wouldn't"
depends on which reporter you follow.
I was reading SM.

This is only the 3rd trial I have followed since day one and I am disappointed with this whole trial thing. Is it just me or is this how most of the trials go ?? How in the heck do these losers find each other and then conveniently "forget" things when questioned?? and why would the Crown have them as a trial witness?? Maybe I am not seeing things clearly but from what I read up today, this was a wasted day. It is clear that AM and Isho are still in cahoots with DM and are NOT going to admit to anything. And Dungee ?? OMG, WTF?? is there a plan I am just not seeing here or do any of you think the same as I do??? Please help me to understand this chaos

This is only the 3rd trial I have followed since day one and I am disappointed with this whole trial thing. Is it just me or is this how most of the trials go ?? How in the heck do these losers find each other and then conveniently "forget" things when questioned?? and why would the Crown have them as a trial witness?? Maybe I am not seeing things clearly but from what I read up today, this was a wasted day. It is clear that AM and Isho are still in cahoots with DM and are NOT going to admit to anything. And Dungee ?? OMG, WTF?? is there a plan I am just not seeing here or do any of you think the same as I do??? Please help me to understand this chaos

This is only the second trial I have followed so closely. You have to keep in mind how little the crown has to work with, although what they do have is quite convincing IMO. I find the loose ends frustrating but I believe most of them will get cleared up once the jury is sequestered.

Much more will come to light once the WM trial is complete.

I believe Dungey has become a successful defence lawyer for good reason and is worth the high rates I presume he charges. His goal isn’t to ensure spectators get it, or even that the jury gets it yet - he is laying framework for the evidence he is going to present. I don’t see this trial lasting much longer, but I also don’t see either defendants going down without presenting... alternate facts...

There have been dozens of different photos of Millard in the MSM. Some people here have so many unfounded conspiracy-type theories regarding the press trying to hide things.

You are probably right but the one I see most often is the danny-dimwit photo.

DM was at great pains to show that he and AM were so friendly and trusting that if he had killed LB he would have told him so. Lockhart disproves that by getting AM to admit that if DM had told him that he would have gone to the police. We all know he wouldn't but it means that DM can't use that argument anymore.

Isn't that his arrest mugshot? Easy for the news agencies to pull from file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tawana V