Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.22.17 - Day 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In regard to the red suitcase.. and that it was a wow moment in the courtroom.. it is interesting that we know that DM 'gave' it to MS, and it was used as a bag for MS's spray paint for his graffiti ventures.. and just tossed nonchalantly into a room. It seems that MS was not a world traveller, however DM *was*. DM would have known very well, in my opinion, that bags tend to have ID tags. It seems 'conspiracy theory thinking', but I suspect that DM gave away that bag with full intent that it could someday be used to incriminate MS, rather than himself.

Heini is also slang for buttocks. If you interpret “scooping some heini” to mean “getting a piece of *advertiser censored*” the exchange has a whole new meaning.

Might mean beer
Jul 4 12:42 am Smich texts Millard: "Where u at?"
Jul 4 1:06 am Millard texts Smich: "I'm around. Sup bud?"

No thread for today? I thought they were starting at 10:30.

I believe she was killed by DM and MS between 7:00 and 7:30pm on the 3rd. I took out some texts to show how I see the sequence of events happening. MOO

My comments are in blue.

Inspector North I agree with you. The KKK thing was a slip up on MS's part and DM (thinking he was being funny) asked AYAK? MS had no idea what that meant so he replied with AYAK? and DM, at that point, chose to move on instead of explain. MOO

No thread for today? I thought they were starting at 10:30.

Good morning :)

Shannon Martin‏
@ShannonMartinTV
15m15 minutes ago

A reminder we're sitting in on some legal arguments this morning at the Laura Babcock murder trial. The jury is expected to arrive at 11:30 a.m. ET and then we can start tweeting and blogging.
#LauraBabcock

Today's thread is ready except for today's article and blog.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?357084-Laura-Babcock-Murder-Trial-11-23-17-Day-21

If DM had not been caught I am sure he had other missions lined up. He had the eliminator ready for his next victim. He mentioned that he wanted a boat and probably that was his next mission and he would take the boat anyway he had to and if it meant another murder he would have killed again.

I keep going back to the fact that DM’s primary motive to kill was that he liked the power of taking someone’s life and perhaps the power that he got from manipulating others to partake in his crimes. The LB’s ipad, WM’a estate, TB’s truck and any other possessions were just ‘trophies’. Artifacts that reminded him of the thrill and that he is so smart and powerful that he doesn’t get caught. At the end of the day, he could afford to buy everything that he killed for and had WM’s estate coming his way. He has used this as a fact in his defence in the TB trial.

In this trial, regardless of the jury not seeing the jailhouse letters to CN, he makes it known that he really didn’t care about any of the woman and therefore would not have murdered LB because he is basically an emotionless cad. Another misstep IMO because it could be interpreted as having so little empathy that he is in fact capable of murder.

MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They must have saved some big evidence for the end. But then again isn't the big evidence usually brought up during the opening statement?

This photo actually jogs my memory and puts some pieces together:

July 3
2:56 pm - MJW texts DM - if all goes as planned you'll have domes tonight for the 500 we agree'd
6:19pm - DM texts MJW - it says '32 long' on the side of it. can send pic as soon I'm home

Which is obviously this photo - and about getting ammo.

7:33pm - DM texts MS - tru. I'm on a mission back in 1 hr.

I think this is DM going to out to get ammo he's discussed with MWJ.

Radio silence on the phones from this point until 12:42am. Some point soon after DM gets back, he and/or MS kill LB.

After they kill her - MS goes to the basement and starts low key freaking out. Asks where DM is, if he's going to sleep and if he can come talk to him. Meanwhile DM has gotten high and has no worries.

I saw the texts just a few mins ago, will find them and post.

This is all I can find right now..... I thought I had seen a whole string of txts together.. so hard to find stuff on here..

This is all I can find right now..... I thought I had seen a whole string of txts together.. so hard to find stuff on here..

Thanks for that. however I don't believe the mission was to pick up ammo for a number of reasons. 1) his pings say he never left the house. 2) in all other dealings with Isho there is chatter about where and when to meet. Doesn't sound like he was an easy guy to find or get hold of. Don't think Millard could just drop by his house unannounced.

Thanks for that. however I don't believe the mission was to pick up ammo for a number of reasons. 1) his pings say he never left the house. 2) in all other dealings with Isho there is chatter about where and when to meet. Doesn't sound like he was an easy guy to find or get hold of. Don't think Millard could just drop by his house unannounced.

We didn't get detailed reporting of the phone pings. Hard to say what happened based on that. No one said DM left the house that night but don't think anyone said he didn't either.

It's too bad no one posted that presentation

My oh my, is my head ever spinning...

MWJ's testimony yesterday was frustrating for followers, spectators, and the crown alike. Does he not understand that he's not the one on trial? The purpose of his testimony was not to incriminate him further, but to add clarity to *this* proceeding for the jury. He has already pleaded guilty to gun trafficking! It's over and done with! It suggests that this guy is so embedded in "the life" that he doesn't want to be seen as someone assisting the crowns case. Understandable, and I didn't expect anything different, but frustrating to listen to all the same.

DM's attempt to prove that he never outwardly suggested a desire to acquire a gun was COMICAL to say the least. It is easily disputed, without a doubt, from the numerous text messages between himself and MS. I hope the jury see's this. Even the judge was in disbelief!

I am eagerly awaiting the reports of "what the jury didn't hear", and I'm sure I'm not alone. The legal arguments hold so much information and insight to this proceeding, and to what we view as the crowns "decision" to ask or not ask specific questions, or to call and not call specific witnesses. I'm going to speculate that the crowns hands were tied on much of it. Many wonder that if MWJ was subpoenaed, why couldn't CN be? I would place a bet that CN's high profile lawyer kiboshed that, quick, suggesting that his client would not be cooperative and it would be a waste to the crowns case.

Just to add my two cents on the verdict to come for DM and MS: I believe they are both guilty of M1, but I think it's fair to question if the crown has proven that beyond a reasonable doubt, for MS specifically. There are many ways to interpret the plethora of text messages, as you've all shown. The cell phone pings are confusing. I'm looking forward to the closing arguments and specifically the judge's charge to the jury, instructing them as to what options are available for conviction.

Thanks for the laughs yesterday folks! The business card was just too funny, DM is quite the character... I also LOLed when the crown asked MWJ to describe his many places of residence... Should he not have given the address to the jail? :laughing:

I have been of the mind after jumping into these thread trials 3/4 of the way through that "kkk" was established as klansman related so "ayak" made sense as "are you a klansman" from previous posters inference.

Like the poster above my friends sometimes write kkk and trust me when I say they dont mean it to mean anything klansman related. Do we have evidence that DM or MS were into that nonsense?

Reading the thread from last night to this morning for the first time I noticed that LB was being picked up at station by DM to be taken to the house.

Now with MS being told to keep out of view. Then the DM txt when picking up LB make much more sense to mean "Are you a Killer?" instead.

I dont believe for a second that his only intro to the situation was to dispose of the body. I would speculate him being the gangster rapper wannabe, he would actually want to pull the trigger on one of these missions.

Good morning, we've been in court since 10 a.m. listening to legal arguments, which are ongoing. The jury was expected to arrive at 11:30 a.m. ET but things may be delayed. I'll let you know more when I do.
by Shannon Martin 11:23 AM

Good morning! Who will be able to help with the tweets and blog today? I will be able to start us off at 11:30 (unless someone else wants to start) but will only be here about an hour. I may be able to pop back for an hour this afternoon to help after lunch. :)

They must have saved some big evidence for the end. But then again isn't the big evidence usually brought up during the opening statement?

We'll find out shortly, but I'm guessing the Crown has already presented all the "big stuff". Whatever this is today is probably just a last minute submission of additional texts or other evidence that the Crown feels is relevant based on how the trial has progressed. We saw something similar in the Bosma trial. This could be evidence that was disallowed before, but the Crown feels it now has more probative value based on what the defence has put forward through their cross-examinations. This could also explain the legal arguments this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties