Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.28.17 - Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Austerweil says his son was living with him in December 2011, that's when he met Babcock.

by Shannon Martin 3:47 PM

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
57s57 seconds ago
More
Millard new witness is Gabe Austerweil who's son had a short relationship w Babcock , Dec -March 2012. He does not know Millard. Police have questioned Austerweil about Babcock disappearance.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
50s50 seconds ago
More
Austerweil was living with his son David at the time, that's how he met #LauraBabcock he says. He spoke to police May 22, 2012. Millard wants to give him his statement to read, but crown notes Austerweil needs his own recollection of the events as well.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
17s17 seconds ago
More
"Do you remember what you told police?" He remembers some, reviewed his videotaped statement yesterday. #LauraBabcock

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
2m2 minutes ago
More
Williams says that Millards dad, Wayne, wanted to open up a charitable animal sanctuary, for small animals, he had set aside $100K. Jury has heard that Wayne passed away in 2012.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
35s35 seconds ago
More
Jury is back to hear more from Lisa Williams. She admits she still works for Millard Air. What does she do? Very little. A paycheque for one employee, and a payment goes out every month. Company doesn't do anything. She doesn't want to say what she's paid. #LauraBabcock
A paycheck for....... SHANE? lol JMO

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
22s22 seconds ago
More
He was doing his best to tell the truth to police, he says... crown gets up. "This is not a cross examination" judge agrees. You can't put a prior statement to your own witness." Millard says he just got the hang of cross examination. "Switching gears here." #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
5s5 seconds ago
More
Austerweil is not here to give evidence on a prior statement to police. Does he remember the last time he saw #LauraBabcock? He thought he saw her in October of 2012, in a local store near his house, he told police.

Was Austerweil the BF she bought the dog for? The one who she was going to marry? The one who was a drug addict and going to inherit millions from his grandfather?

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
24s24 seconds ago
More
You didn't know what it was for? Nor did I, I didn't think to even ask, Williams says. She saw Dellen Millard 2-3 times a week, she agrees. Why didn't she ask Millard why he needed a $20k incinerator. Your husband is Charles Dubien, right? Millard objects. Hearsay.

RSBM
Woah Woah Woah. Have we ever heard this was her husband?????

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
22s22 seconds ago
More
He was doing his best to tell the truth to police, he says... crown gets up. "This is not a cross examination" judge agrees. You can't put a prior statement to your own witness." Millard says he just got the hang of cross examination. "Switching gears here." #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
5s5 seconds ago
More
Austerweil is not here to give evidence on a prior statement to police. Does he remember the last time he saw #LauraBabcock? He thought he saw her in October of 2012, in a local store near his house, he told police.

OMG, so he *thinks* he saw a random 23yr old girl who he met months earlier. At that age girls change their look every week, lose and gain weight, change their hair etc. What a joke.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
2m2 minutes ago
More
What was Laura wearing? A brown leather bomber jacket, and dark black leather pants, he says. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
More
Laura Babcock stayed at his house, "frequently," he says. Four-5 nights out of seven for the three months.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
27s27 seconds ago
More
Austerweil says he hasn't seen #LauraBabcock since and he didn't see her between then & the time her relationship with his son ended.

Austerweil says he last saw Babcock in a store Oct. 2012.

He says she was wearing a brown Bomber leather jacket and leather pants.

Court has previously heard from Babcock's friends and family that her phone, bank and social media accounts have been touched since early July 2012.
by Shannon Martin 3:51 PM

RSBM
Woah Woah Woah. Have we ever heard this was her husband?????

LOL. Yes. Settle down! :) This is Millard Air bookkeeper Lisa and the other Lisa was the real estate agent - the latter is the Lisa DM was sleeping with.

So she was the wife of that IT guy and had an affair with DM?

No, the one who had the sexual relationship with DM was Lisa Whidden, his real estate agent. This is a different Lisa (Williams), married to Charles Dubien, the IT guy.

Ok still. Why would you keep property of a murder victim tag or not. Your accomplice is in prison and you keep it? Forget the tag. What if there was hair of hers or any other DNA or pictures of her with the bag or anything at all. It's a stupid bag. Is it worth 25 years of your life ?
I don't think MS actually knew it was LB. MOO

Austerweil says in early 2012, Babcock would stay over at his house four or five times a week.

As for this Oct. 2012 sighting, he says she was "much thinner." She was more dressed up than usual, he says. She was at the cashier, paying for her purchases.

He says, "the interaction was very brief. I walked into the store and caught eyes. There was no verbal interaction."

He said Babcock was talking to the cashier about using hemp as part of a diet.

He thought she was working in the entertainment business.
by Shannon Martin 3:55 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
2m2 minutes ago
More
How else did Laura look that day? "To me she appeared a lot thinner than I remembered. The clothes were not common clothes that I saw her wear before. She was a casual dresser. I'd never seen her dressed up as she was dressed up." #LauraBabcock

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
1m1 minute ago
More
Austerweil says the last time he saw Laura Babcock was Oct 2012 in a nut store near Eglinton and Lawrence. Has not seen her since. She appeared thinner, she looked dressed up, looked like she was "working" in the entertainment business.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
57s57 seconds ago
More
She looked like "she was working, if you will, in the entertainment business." Woman was leaving the store, paid and left. The interaction was brief. We caught eyes. I didn't want to interact so I walked by her. She was speaking to the cashier about how to use hemp for diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat