Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner
Lisa Hepfner
@HefCHCHNews
·
46s
Replying to @bethy69 and @emsyrawly
He gives the impression of arrogance. He seem more capable than you'd expect for a defendant with no lawyering experience, (especially with cross examination) but he has also made several errors in judgement and doesn't seem to see the big picture. IMO.

Grrr! I wish they could fire this DIY lawyer!
There were equal or more legal arguments in the TB trial... it's part of the process.
Plus, with a direct indictment all of the arguments happen during the trial, instead of in advance...
IMHO. MOO.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews1m1 minute ago
Jury is back, "you haven't been in court much today," judge says to them. #Millard has some images to submit to be court exhibits -- photos shown to his witnesses. Not new evidence. #LauraBabcock

The jury is now here. Justice Micheal Code says,

"Welcome back members of the jury, you haven't been in court much today."

He explains Millard is going to enter some exhibits. These are not new exhibits, all items the jury has seen, this is just some administrative housekeeping. Millard enters some exhibits as hard copies, other electronic.
by Shannon Martin 2:39 PM

It could be worse, he could have hired CN!

Remember when she claimed she did not wipe any evidence, and then, she didn't know it was evidence because her family was from the Ukraine?

She was 2 or 3 when they left. lol.

Code asks Millard, "Is there any further evidence you are calling?"

Millard, "I am not."

Code, "Mr. Dungey on behalf of Mr. Smich, are you calling any evidence?"

Dungey stands, "No we are not calling any evidence."
by Shannon Martin 2:41 PM

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
22s23 seconds ago
#Millard is not calling any further evidence. #Smich will not be calling any evidence. #LauraBabcock trial is finished except for closings.

Frustrating for sure, but there was a lot of this in Tim's trial as well and no one was repping themselves.

I personally am glad the judge seems to be doing everything to avoid a possible appeal.

No new evidence from anyone.

I'm anxious to read about DM's little hissy fits in the court room like the TB trial.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews20s20 seconds ago
"We have come to the end of the evidence," judge says. The crown and each accused will argue their positions to the jury, then the judge will give his charge, and they will begin to deliberate. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner
Lisa Hepfner
@HefCHCHNews
·
46s
Replying to @bethy69 and @emsyrawly
He gives the impression of arrogance. He seem more capable than you'd expect for a defendant with no lawyering experience, (especially with cross examination) but he has also made several errors in judgement and doesn't seem to see the big picture. IMO.

Nah, he spent more time in court than many lawyers. Still messes up court procedures.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
48s49 seconds ago
Justice Code says trial will resume on Tuesday Dec. 5 for the first closing addresses. #LauraBabcock #BREAKING

Closing statements on December 5th! It's done.

Code, "We've come to an end of the evidence. What we now need to schedule is the closing addresses."

He explains all parties will give closing addresses, and then he will charge the jury, and they will begin deliberations.

"I've agreed to a fairly luxurious schedule, not one I would do normally." But he explains there's been a lot of evidence, complex evidence, and Millard is self representing.

Closing arguments are happening Tuesday, Dec. 5.

by Shannon Martin 2:43 PM

Code explains Millard will begin closing on Tuesday, Dec. 5, following by Thomas Dungey, then the Crown. Each are expected to take about half to a full day.

He'll charge the jury immediately after. He says there will be no breaks.

His charge he explains, "is a mini book, trying to teach you the law of this case."
by Shannon Martin 2:45 PM

Soooooo.... DM must have lost the legal arguments.
Surmising the last 4 hours were something like the following.... on loop play

DM - I want to blather blather
Code - DENIED
DM - But can I then...blah blah but
Code - DENIED
DM - but I am....
Code - DENIED

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
55s56 seconds ago
Millard will go first with closing addresses, because he's first on indictment. Then #Smich, through counsel. Then crown Jill Cameron. Each expects to take less than a day to present their closing. #LauraBabcock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat