DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
22s23 seconds ago
#Millard is not calling any further evidence. #Smich will not be calling any evidence. #LauraBabcock trial is finished except for closings.

DM's defence was the pits.... totally fell flat.
MS not calling evidence is not a surprise.
Can't wait to hearing closing arguments.

Outta here until the 5th. Justice for Laura!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not me. I just hope we get the verdict we all want.
I don't think, if I was on the jury, that I could in good conscience convict MS of M1 based on the evidence presented.

Not a popular opinion here but I also don't think I'm alone.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews3m3 minutes ago
"There will not be any more breaks," Justice Code says his charge is substantial, "a mini book trying to teach you the law of this case, and how to relate the facts to the law." #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏@HefCHCHNews
2m2 minutes ago
It will take the judge a couple of days to deliver his charge. "Some of it is dense and difficult," he says. This means the jury will likely start deliberating sometime the week of Dec. 11. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNew1m1 minute ago
Unless it takes the jury more than 10 days to make a decision they should be done by Christmas. They should prepare to be sequestered, probably on Dec 13. Once they start they can't go home until there is a verdict. #LauraBabcock.

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNew48s48 seconds ago
Jury is done for the day. Back Tuesday. #LauraBabcock

Code goes on to estimate that the jury should begin deliberating no later Dec. 13.
by Shannon Martin 2:47 PM

That ends the speculation: Dellen Millard will not testify. Mark Smich will not testify. The Laura Babcock murder trial is moving into its final phases, closing arguments begin Dec. 5.

The jury is dismissed.

We'll post a recap soon.

I don't think, if I was on the jury, that I could in good conscience convict MS of M1 based on the evidence presented.

I agree. If I look at all the evidence in its totality for MS I don't see enough for M1. I'll wait to hear closing arguments but I feel like Dungey didn't have to do much here (that could be reported). JMO

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I am glad that Laura's parents will not have to listen to DM testify for himself, having to listen to his closing argument will be bad enough! Might have made for good drama and discussion, but this is really about Justice for Laura. By Friday of next week the jury will be deliberating & I am praying they serve up that justice to the accused. I am glad this part of the road is just about over for her parents, and glad they will be able to remember Laura this Christmas with some closure, and a guilty verdict for the death of their beautiful daughter. And Laura can celebrate with the angels up in Heaven. Blessing to them and you all, and thanks to everyone here for the helping with the tweets, the great discussions and the fact we are all (or 97%) here for the same reason....

Knowing what I know (Bosma trail) I would convict him but I'm not a juror. I can wait to see what will happen. I hope for the Babcock family it is the right one.

Sequestered? Jury wasn't sequestered for the TB trial and I was very surprised. They were allowed to go home every night which I did not agree with. I wonder why this is different?

So neither of the defendants are implicating the other?
I can't say we know that for sure.
The closing is each party's version of the story the evidence is supposed to tell.
So... DM could basically say MS was the last to see LB alive, per the letters.
And MS could basically say, No evidence points to me, it was him based on cell pings and my obliviousness to spliffs and missions.
And the Crown could basically say... MS got DM the tools, DM did the execution and they both did the clean up.
And the judge will review each piece of evidence and scenario with the Jury...
And then the jury will decide...

IMHO. MOO.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Sequestered? Jury wasn't sequestered for the TB trial and I was very surprised. They were allowed to go home every night which I did not agree with. I wonder why this is different?

The jury in the Bosma trial was sequestered when they were deliberating the verdict.

So by calling evidence, DM has effectively allowed the Crown the final word during the closing statements. Good work DM. :D

MOO

The jury in the Bosma trial was sequestered when they were deliberating the verdict.
You're right. Just not during the trial. Do they not sequester during trials?

NM I found the answer lol

I really thought DM would try to present more of a defence, It will be interesting to see what will come of his closing arguments. That Judge has given him a lot in the way of leeway and prep time! He has a long time to prepare that closing! I am also interested in seeing what Dungey is going to say! Any guesses on what you think Dungey will come out with??!!

I really thought DM would try to present more of a defence, It will be interesting to see what will come of his closing arguments. That Judge has given him a lot in the way of leeway and prep time! He has a long time to prepare that closing! I am also interested in seeing what Dungey is going to say! Any guesses on what you think Dungey will come out with??!!
Something along the lines that MS wasn't there or privvy to DM's plans and the letters are proof he was trying to pin it on him. I'd also hit one out of the park and add that the rap was written by DM and performed by MS. Just for a jab at Walt Disney lol

Question, when the Judge Charges the Jury in this case, is an audience allowed to be present in the courtroom or just the jury? Are the reporters allowed to report all of that? It seems that if he has to go ever every piece of evidence maybe we would be able to see/hear some of which was not reported, or not reported well.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow