Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.05.17 - Closing Arguments - Day 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
40s41 seconds ago
Millard has photo of hangar up on screen as he continues to talk about where the cell phones went. His and Babcock's phones travel together down the highway until a certain point, when her stopped transmitting. But she had a Blackberry, and problems with her phone, he says

I just can’t get behind this perspective. Seems like an odd thing to say.

What I mean is that I feel fortunate that I did not have a genetic makeup and experience set that put me on an inevitable collision course with the justice system, destined to end up in prison for the rest of my life. I feel lucky to feel guilt, and fear, and a connection to my fellow human beings that keeps me free to live my life in society.

37s37 seconds ago
#LauraBabcock had problems charging her phone, #Millard says, and he couldn't help because he had an iPhone and she had a BlackBerry. Is there any public transit available at that exit of the highway? We don't have any evidence of that, #Millard says.

Whoa...wait a minute. How is he able to suggest that LB had trouble charging her phone?

Are you really presenting an argument here that DM didn’t have any control over being a serial killer?... Good god.

I understand it's not intuitive, but there is a lot of fascinating and thought provoking research out there that says just that.

48s48 seconds ago
Millard is showing the cell phone tower map from July 4th. Suggests the map shows him going to the auto shop that day. #LauraBabcock
Ah, the elusive ping exhibit that's baffled us for ages. Still wonder why it was never released.

32s33 seconds ago
But the engine shop is in the area he travelled, #Millard says. Two photos taken July fourth -- one is Millard leaning towards a small prop plane, and the second shows a rolled-up tarp and Millard's dog at his farm. #LauraBabcock

I keep hearing his voice from those Croatia recordings and overlaying it on this spectacle, imagining what he must sound like speaking to the jury. He's got kind of a mid tone voice that occasionally lilts just slightly to the feminine. I was struck by that recent observers comments that he seemed lonely and lost in the courtroom. I do feel some pity for somebody so unselfaware, so unsuited for this grave, life altering situation.

Lately I have been wondering what he sounds like. This might help. Is there a link for these recordings?
TIA!

EDIT: Sorry! I see now that it has been answered. Thank you :)

Millard shows the jury text messages between himself and Shane Schlatman, his mechanic, from July 3, 2012.

He's talking about the route he travelled that day, court has previously heard that Millard and Babcock's phones track in the same area.

She could most definitely put the out of context evidence into context. That was a great way of Dell showing the jury that crown's goal is not justice rather simply victory .

I disagree with this statement! Did you follow TB trial? Did you not see how useless CN was in the stand for the crown?

1m1 minute ago
What's really important is how close each is to the highway. The farm is five minutes, the hangar is 10, he says. "You can get to the farm quicker if you wanted to get to the farm first." #Millard

2m2 minutes ago
#Millard is at the airport an hour before the other picture, with the blue tarp and the dog Pedo, he says. Zooms in on tarp picture. "It's not the best picture, but in the top right corner, I suggest you see the interior door of a vehicle." #LauraBabcock

43s44 seconds ago
It looks like an open car door right next to the tarp. Millard is bringing up evidence from Shane Schlatman about how often he switched vehicles. Millard is showing photo of his father's van with the door open, inviting jury to see it as the same door as the tarp picture.

What I mean is that I feel fortunate that I did not have a genetic makeup and experience set that put me on an inevitable collision course with the justice system, destined to end up in prison for the rest of my life. I feel lucky to feel guilt, and fear, and a connection to my fellow human beings that keeps me free to live my life in society.
It's all good and well to live without anger towards people who live with different type of head problems and violent tendencies but where else shall they go? or be kept?

1m1 minute ago
"I ask you to draw the inference that's the same door. I didn't take the Oldsmobile to the farm, I took the van to the farm. "Why is this important?Because the crown wants you to believe Laura Babcock's body is in that truck." #Millard says it doesn't make sense.

I understand it's not intuitive, but there is a lot of fascinating and thought provoking research out there that says just that.

It actually is a very interesting area and the more we learn about ourselves the more we will understand that our current criminal justice system is fatally flawed.

Millard pulls up these two photos for the jury side by side. The first one was taken July 4, 2012 at 1:39 p.m. at the hangar. The second at 2:40 p.m. at his farm.

"The Crown wants you to believe Laura Babcock's body is in that tarp. It hasn't escaped me."

"For this to be Laura Babcock's body, one would have to imagine supposedly I'm dragging a body in a tarp, switching vehicles. Then after I do all my day's routines, I go to the farm to drop this off."

"Does any of this theory make sense - stopping for engine parts, going to the hangar, transferring this tarp from the convertible to the van, doing some work on an airplane engine, having a photograph taken, then driving out to the farm.

"I say it doesn't make sense."

2m2 minutes ago
"With Shane Schlatman in the hangar, I'm allegedly dragging a body from one vehicle to another, then after my day's routines I go to the farm." #Millard says that's what the crown is suggesting

17s18 seconds ago
"Does any of this make sense?" Millard asks. "I say it doesn't make sense," for one, the tarp looks dirty, and if it had been there for a long time it couldn't contain #LauraBabcock

I keep hearing his voice from those Croatia recordings and overlaying it on this spectacle, imagining what he must sound like speaking to the jury. He's got kind of a mid tone voice that occasionally lilts just slightly to the feminine. I was struck by that recent observers comments that he seemed lonely and lost in the courtroom. I do feel some pity for somebody so unselfaware, so unsuited for this grave, life altering situation.

Is there a link to these Croatia recordings you’re talking about? I’ve never heard these, and I’d like to hear his voice.

Nevermind, sorry! I should have learned by now to catch up before asking questions, thanks for the info on where to find them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme