Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.05.17 - Closing Arguments - Day 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all good and well to live without anger towards people who live with different type of head problems and violent tendencies but where else shall they go? or be kept?

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that people who pose a danger to others shouldn't be kept apart from society. The difference though is to realize that it may not entirely be their fault.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
2m2 minutes ago
"With Shane Schlatman in the hangar, I'm allegedly dragging a body from one vehicle to another, then after my day's routines I go to the farm." #Millard says that's what the crown is suggesting

17s18 seconds ago
"Does any of this make sense?" Millard asks. "I say it doesn't make sense," for one, the tarp looks dirty, and if it had been there for a long time it couldn't contain #LauraBabcock
Would be nice if he'd offer an explanation as to what IS in the tarp and why he photographed it...

1m1 minute ago
This could be anything. This could be a rug in this tarp, #Millard says. . They often used tarps to get rid of garbage, he says.

Yep...could be a bloody rug, will a body rolled up inside it. Could be anything right DM? :rolleyes:

37s37 seconds ago
#LauraBabcock had problems charging her phone, #Millard says, and he couldn't help because he had an iPhone and she had a BlackBerry. Is there any public transit available at that exit of the highway? We don't have any evidence of that, #Millard says.

Whoa...wait a minute. How is he able to suggest that LB had trouble charging her phone?
And is he actually also suggesting that they went on a jolly car ride together along the highway on July 4th? :facepalm:

2m2 minutes ago
"With Shane Schlatman in the hangar, I'm allegedly dragging a body from one vehicle to another, then after my day's routines I go to the farm." #Millard says that's what the crown is suggesting

17s18 seconds ago
"Does any of this make sense?" Millard asks. "I say it doesn't make sense," for one, the tarp looks dirty, and if it had been there for a long time it couldn't contain #LauraBabcock
What? why?

1m1 minute ago
What Shane didn't know was where I took all that garbage I took from the hangar, #Millard says. What we do know though, is that police did find old tarps at Millard's barn. #LauraBabcock

This is testimony isn't it? :waitasec:

Right.
I don't think that anyone is suggesting that people who pose a danger to others shouldn't be kept apart from society. The difference though is to realize that it may not entirely be their fault.

1m1 minute ago
"Just like the red tarp is a red herring, the blue tarp is a blue herring" Millard says you start to see conflicts when you look at the evidence from his perspective. #LauraBabcock

Millard, "I say just like the red bag is a red herring, the blue tarp is a blue herring."

by Shannon Martin 2:58 PM

50s51 seconds ago
"Let's talk a little bit about the incinerator," #Millard says. Shows the receipt for the machine. Lisa Williams, his bookkeeper, was able to provide information about this receipt... her handwriting, Millards, and his father's. #LauraBabcock

6s7 seconds ago
"This is important because I think the crown will ask you to make the inference that this incinerator was part of a nefarious plan to dispose of a human body," #Millard says. "The important part of that is the word plan."

17s18 seconds ago

BBM

When all else fails, use the Vulcan mind meld. MOO

1m1 minute ago
What Shane didn't know was where I took all that garbage I took from the hangar, #Millard says. What we do know though, is that police did find old tarps at Millard's barn. #LauraBabcock

This is testimony isn't it? :waitasec:

If police found other tarps, this is what he should have submitted as evidence, no?

7s7 seconds ago
However the incinerator was used is one thing, but what about when it was purchased? Says this machine could not have been purchased without his father's approval. Millard's own finances? "Doing all right."

Yes as he sends a picture to MMJ
1m1 minute ago
"Just like the red tarp is a red herring, the blue tarp is a blue herring" Millard says you start to see conflicts when you look at the evidence from his perspective. #LauraBabcock

50s50 seconds ago
Millard had money and didn't need the machine to go through the company for "his own nefarious plans," But the machine was put through the company books. "You can see the tremendous amount of effort to make the thing legal and meet every regulation."

Millard moves onto the incinerator.

He pulls up an invoice, where court has previously heard from the Millard family bookkeeper that handwriting on the bill belonged to Millard's father, Wayne Millard.

"I believe the Crown is going to ask you to make an inference that I bought the incinerator for personal use, all part of some nefarious plan to dispose of a human body."

"The important part of that is plan. However the incinerator ends up being used down the road is one thing. But what was its intended purpose when it was purchased?"
by Shannon Martin 3:02 PM

1m1 minute ago
It's not like the propane tank was just thrown on there, it had to be installed according to regulations, #Millard says.

And I'll bet it wasn't. :facepalm:

49s50 seconds ago
The incinerator could have been sold without an afterburner, #Millard says. The addition is for emissions. Propane is cleaner than diesel, and is harder to get. To go to that extra trouble for propane? This machine could have been hidden away at the farm & follow no rules

Until the neighbours called someone. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member