Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.05.17 - Closing Arguments - Day 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he sent a pic of the red blue herring tarp picture to MMJ. Is this wrong?
I believe he called MWJ, right after the picture was taken. This is based on the time the call was placed, and the time stamp on the photo.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
24s24 seconds ago
"Another dead deer at the farm" #Millard shows this text he sent to Schlatman. Schlatman agreed on the stand that Millard was upset about deer hunting on "his farmland."

39s40 seconds ago
Schlatman was sent to fill up the incinerator that day, which he did at a gas station. "If this was a nefarious-purpose machine, would I be asking Shane to do this?" #Millard asks jury to look at all the pieces.

Dell nicely covering everything. Jury will have a tough time coming to a decision.

Yup, 30 minutes to choose a foreperson, 20 minutes to decide on the lunch menu, 10 minutes to convict DM, then they'll have to move to MS which will likely take considerably longer.

Millard to the jury, "Look at all the evidence. Don't turn a blind eye to any of it."

by Shannon Martin 3:24 PM

Oh I'm sure they won't DM. ;)

1m1 minute ago
There was no attempt to conceal the incinerator, #Millard says. It was right there in the hangar for people to see.

Until it was hidden in the trees when LE were actually looking for one of your victims. :gaah:

There it is, was waiting for that :laughing:

Sorry I am wrong, there was a 49 second phone call to MMJ at around the same time the picture was taken.
I thought he sent a pic of the red blue herring tarp picture to MMJ. Is this wrong?

now4 seconds ago
Now #Millard wants to talk about David Cronin, who was one of the #Smich friends who saw the rap video purportedly about #LauraBabcock's murder

Millard, "My uncle gave us a twisted story, about driving down a main street and doing pet cremation right there in the parking lot."

He adds, "That's ridiculous notion, a twisted notion, from his imagination. No where in the evidence did I suggest such a thing."

Remember when Millard's uncle testified?

by Shannon Martin 3:08 PM
This word must play big on his memory regarding his uncle.

Several questions from readers about how Smich, his lawyer, and the Crown are reacting to Millard as he gives his closing address.

Smich, from where I'm sitting - directly behind him - appears to be taking notes by hand, his head is down. His lawyers, Thomas Dungey and Jennifer Treherne, sit at a desk in front of Smich, closest to the judge. Dungey is also taking notes by hand.

All three Crown prosecutors sit at their desks, also close to the judge. Every now and then, Jill Cameron turns around and gives a small smile to Laura Babcock's parents, Linda and Clayton, who sit in the same spot everyday in the public gallery. Cameron's smile seems to be one of support, a sort of "I'm with you" look.
by Shannon Martin 3:28 PM

Scroll And Roll is my friend. :)

2m2 minutes ago
Cronen talked about wanting to "do prosecution" as a career and he referred to the crown as "Jill" - not that #Millard is suggesting anything improper happened between the witness and the crown, but maybe he had an ulterior purpose to his evidence, Millard says.

Millard now takes the jury through parts of his cross-examination of Marlena Meneses, Mark Smich's then girlfriend.

Meneses said Smich called her "the *****."

Millard reminds the jury about Smich's rap song, where he refers to "the *****" -- Millard says Meneses told them who "the *****" is.

Millard asks for the afternoon break. We'll be back in about 20 minutes.
by Shannon Martin 3:32 PM

2m2 minutes ago
Cronen talked about wanting to "do prosecution" as a career and he referred to the crown as "Jill" - not that #Millard is suggesting anything improper happened between the witness and the crown, but maybe he had an ulterior purpose to his evidence, Millard says.

Seriously? LOL

1m1 minute ago
Now onto his cross examination of Marlena Meneses, #Smich girlfriend, who agreed that Smich used to call her "the *****." Millard says the rap is about "the *****." Not "a *****. As the evidence stands, Marlena has told you who the ***** is." Millard now taking afternoon break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr