Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.06.17 - Closing Arguments - Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What text was this about the “Laura situation”?

Lisa Hepfner: Millard mentions "the Laura situation" to #Smich, who does not ask for clarification. "No point in going," until incinerator is ready. On July 3, #Smich does not ask why he should not be outside when #Millard is returning to Maple Gate with #LauraBabcock
I don't recall her name being mentioned

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Adam Carter's blog (CBC)

Cameron also zeroing in on a text of Millard's where he says how he "regarded" Laura -- in the past tense. "He knows she's not coming back, because he killed her."

The Crown is now going through the messages that Millard had with Ward Jackson about getting a gun.

Lisa Hepfner@HefCHCHNews

In June they get the new "incinerator 2.0." June 9, Millard has fight with Noudga. We don't have the content of text messages with #LauraBabcock, "they are irretrievable." But we know from phone records Babcock and #Millard had lots of contact.

July 3, Noudga says "have fun doing big things," with a winky face. Cameron says there's loads of context. Millard has threatened her. She is at his house. She has laid her last footprint on this earth.

"You of all people know how I regarded Laura," Crown reads. "Regarded." He uses the past tense, "because he knows he killed her."

It would have been really easy for #Millard to lure #LauraBabcock. What did he do when Babcock reached out to him? He got in touch with gun dealer Iisho to talk about "tools."

All the while Millard is communicating with #LauraBabcock, he's communicating with Iisho about buying a gun.

Adam Carter's blog (CBC)

She's moving through this as a really quick overview, so it's difficult to talk about here. This is all text message testimony we've seen repeatedly, though.

"Regarded" does NOT always mean past tense? could be saying "You of all people know how I THINK ,SEE,JUDGE,VIEW,Laura,"

Or possibly I'm wrong just looking for clarification?

Lisa Hepfner@HefCHCHNews

July 3, 6:19, just before going to pick up #LauraBabcock at Kipling Stn, Millard is expecting to pick up ammunition from Ward Jackson, and a gun. "The final piece had come together."

8:03 #Millard is in same vicinity as Ward Jackson. "Keep that on a low," WJ says in a text, shortly before Millard is back home.

"Don't be out front." #Millard tells #Smich. We know #LauraBabcock is at Kipling station. She has a call with Millard, after which he goes home and then to Kipling Station, then sends that message to Smich. "Making sure Marlena doesn't see Laura coming into the house."

Neither of them text anyone else. "They are busy. They are busy dealing with Laura. Marlena is not an issue, Smich just tells her to stay in the room with her headphones in."

Smich had #LauraBabcock's iPad on July 4th - that's when he asks #Millard for an iTunes password. Meneses starts taking selfies with the iPad.

Smich must have seen the iPad contents as he was deleting them. If he didn't have questions he must have been part of the plan. He knew exactly what Millard was going to do to #LauraBabcock.

Adam Carter's blog (CBC)

The Crown now centring in on Millard's "don't be out front" text message to Smich, on the night they allege she died.

Cameron again says this text was about making sure Marlena didn't see anything.

Court now seeing photos of Smich and Meneses, taken on the iPad after July 4.

Cameron says if Smich didn't know what was going on, he would've asked more questions about the iPad, where it came from, and who was seen on it in pictures.

"Regarded" does NOT always mean past tense? could be saying "You of all people know how I THINK ,SEE,JUDGE,VIEW,Laura,"

I think that would be 'how I regard Laura' (present tense), no?

If he meant "regard" he could have also used the words "think, see, judge, view". He used the past tense of the word.

Adam Carter's blog (CBC)

"What reason would there be to have to smell the barn? It's uninhabited, it's a rural area," Cameron says about the "barn smell check" alert, adding Millard would only do this because he knew a smell could "reveal their heinous crime."

The Eliminator gets there on July 5, and from there on in, Millard and Smich are trying to get the incinerator to the farm, Cameron says. By now, they're concerned about the smell of the body in the barn.

What text was this about the “Laura situation”?

Lisa Hepfner: Millard mentions "the Laura situation" to #Smich, who does not ask for clarification. "No point in going," until incinerator is ready. On July 3, #Smich does not ask why he should not be outside when #Millard is returning to Maple Gate with #LauraBabcock

Wow I missed this somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just have to say I'm super impressed by the Crown's closing. It is so well put together, logical, easy to follow and makes total sense unlike anything DM or MS would have us believe, IMO.

"Don't be out front." #Millard tells #Smich. We know #LauraBabcock is at Kipling station. She has a call with Millard, after which he goes home and then to Kipling Station, then sends that message to Smich. "Making sure Marlena doesn't see Laura coming into the house."

Neither of them text anyone else. "They are busy. They are busy dealing with Laura. Marlena is not an issue, Smich just tells her to stay in the room with her headphones in.".

Was this in the tweets before in any form?

Adam Carter's blog (CBC)

Cameron says the only time Millard tried to hide the incinerator is when Marlena was there. If they were burning garbage, she says, it wouldn't have mattered. "They went around back, and she didn't look. They loaded Laura into the incinerator, then realized they had no power and had to go to the hangar."

Court now seeing the video we've previously seen of embers flowing in the air, while a low rumble plays in the background.

Now the screenshot we've seen previously, the "what temperature is cremation done at" search. Now the pictures of Smich holding the cleaning tool that goes with the incinerator.

ETA Adam updated his blog. bbm

I am not a grammar expert but I think if you wanted to say think, see, judge, view then you would say "You of all people know how I regard Laura."

Regarded means past tense to me but you could be right that it is not always past tense.

Someone else here wrote about DM's texts and that he was normally pretty grammatical correct. I don't think he would use the wrong tense accidentally unless he was stressed.

Just my opinion.

I don’t know why I didn’t notice before but they googled “what temperature is cremation done at”. Usually the word cremation is used when referring to a person, or a beloved pet, not when referring to garbage or any other object...that would be incineration. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214