Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.06.17 - Closing Arguments - Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed what he said, can someone repost it for me?
Thanks!

This was tweeted "Also, both Dungey and #Millard made efforts to invite the jury to speculate on why the crown didn't call certain witnesses, like Christina Noudga. The jury shouldn't speculate. The crown may have good reasons, and doesn't have to explain why she does or doesn't call a witness"

The part about DM using a vehicle with a wheelchair ramp on the day the tarp picture was taken....is that new? It seems important.

The part about DM using a vehicle with a wheelchair ramp on the day the tarp picture was taken....is that new? It seems important.
No reason discussed at length here about the van door we see beside the tarp photo

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

The Crown's explanation; "Laura Babcock was 5'11 and skinny. Just like what's wrapped in the tarp. #Millard's dad's van has a wheelchair ramp."

[FONT=&quot]"This is not a convincing dream," Cameron says, referencing Millard's close from yesterday. "This is a nightmare.[/FONT]

great line...and brings things back in perspective..what we are here for.

can someone explain what this means?

[FONT=&quot]Justice Code starts by giving two instructions to the jury, arising out of the closes they've heard so far. The first is from Dungey's close, where he said that Smich had no knowledge of what happened to Babcock -- Code says there's no evidence to support that. He misspoke.[/FONT]

Adam Carter's blog (CBC)

Court is now back in session. The jury is coming back in.bbm

Adam Carter's blog (CBC)

"The bottom line is you don't need to find that both of them killed Laura to find them both guilty of first-degree murder," Cameron says, adding that the judge will give more instruction on this.

Cameron says helpers, or people who encourage murder, may be as guilty as a person who commits murder.

First time poster, have been following along since about Day 5. It is amazing how much more info we get when Adam Carter is doing the blog, i find I have much less doubt about their guilt on days he is doing the blog. Makes you wonder how much we are missing of the testimony the jury has seen.

Adam Carter's blog (CBC)

Cameron says a driver or lookout can be "part of a killing" when it's planned or deliberate.

"Knowingly helping a murder do it ... is enough," she says.

Adam Carter's blog (CBC)

Cameron says she's concerned the jury will spend time trying to figure out who actually killed Babcock. She says it doesn't matter which.

"None of you have to decide exactly who did what," she says.

"You may never be able to decide who did what exactly."

Adam Carter's blog (CBC)

Cameron again saying the jury shouldn't spend their time trying to figure out who exactly did what. She says it's a "waste of time."

She says Smich knew about the murder plans. "They were like brothers. They loved each other."

She's also pointing to Smich sending a text to Millard saying "bring something with bones in it," about testing the incinerator.

Adam Carter's blog (CBC)

Cameron says she's concerned the jury will spend time trying to figure out who actually killed Babcock. She says it doesn't matter which.

"None of you have to decide exactly who did what," she says.

"You may never be able to decide who did what exactly."

reminds TB

Adam Carter's blog (CBC)

"He's part of the plan from start to finish," Cameron says about Smich, and the incineration of the body.

Cameron also says legally, the Crown doesn't have to prove motive. But in this case, she says, there was one. The motive for Millard was obvious, but there was still motive for Smich, she says. "It stands to reason what bothered Mr. Millard would bother Mr. Smich."

Adam Carter's blog (CBC)

Cameron again saying the jury shouldn't spend their time trying to figure out who exactly did what. She says it's a "waste of time."

She says Smich knew about the murder plans. "They were like brothers. They loved each other."

She's also pointing to Smich sending a text to Millard saying "bring something with bones in it," about testing the incinerator.
Well we know it won't take too long.. One juror is wanting to leave by Dec 22

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members