Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.11.17 - Charge to the Jury - Day 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't read that at all.
Various calls and texts were unrecoverable between DM and MWJ. as well as between DM and LB

"Mr. Ward-Jackson could not assist in explaining the subject matter of these missing text messages," Code says. <-- why would they even ask him about messages between DM and LB phones?

MOO

RSBM

This is interesting! Calls or texts to/from LB's phone from lisho?

MOO

I know, I had to reread that a couple times. The wording seems unclear to me. I&#8217;d love to know the verbatim quote of Judge Code, rather than the reporter&#8217;s paraphrasing, or at least what I&#8217;m assuming is paraphrasing.

IMO I don't think a gun was used in LB's case. There was absolutely no evidence of a shooting in the house in LB's case. I think DM murdered her via over dose or strangulation. I assume he originally intended on using a gun but not in the house where other people where present (his father, MS, MM) and bullet and fragments would cause damage. Plus IIRC he hadn't acquired bullets at the time of LB's murder for the gun he had recently purchased from MWJ. Perhaps he had another plan in mind, maybe of taking her out to the farmland and murdering her with a gun, but the "opportunity" arose where she contacted him just prior to him picking her up at the station, he brought her back to the house and he found another method of killing her without leaving a mess or damaging evidence.

If the creep had it in him to stand over his father and shoot him or put a gun to TB's head, he also had it in him to use other methods to murder. I think he took LB's text to him serious and carried out what she suggested. Sorry I cannot find the text, but she text him something like "I want you to hurt me as you F me." The replacement of the mattress was because she leaked bodily fluids after death, perhaps vomited from an over dose. We will never know what the sick b@st@rd did to LB or what his plans were, but we can be pretty certain he planned to murder her, carried it out and included MS in her disposal, and he is one very warped and sick minded, evil individual. For that he will pay spending the rest of his life in a prison cell....thankfully. All MOO.

Re Millard hadn’t acquired ammunition:

It is extremely difficult to believe this. I know it isn’t in evidence that he acquired ammo, but neither DM or MWJ can easily be believed in this (and many other) matter(s). We do have to make some “most likely/common sense” assumptions/deductions while looking at the evidence as a whole. No ammo?? Nah.

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's an interesting observation.
Perhaps they were in contact in person -- I believe MS was living with DM during this time.
Or via actual phone call.
Possibly. Does LE also have the other phone/s that MS would always say "link me on the other phone."

Do we have MWJ's phone pings on July 3-4 to look at? It appears that he might be as much involved in this case as MS - IMHO.

Re Millard hadn’t acquired ammunition:

It is extremely difficult to believe this. I know it isn’t in evidence that he acquired ammo, but neither DM or MWJ can easily be believed in this (and many other) matter(s). We do have to make some “most likely/common sense” assumptions/deductions while looking at the evidence as a whole. No ammo?? Nah.

MOO

I agree. The best that can really be said is that there is no evidence that DM had acquired ammunition by July 3.

That is a lot different from saying that he ha not acquired ammunition by Jul 3.

attachment.php

As an interesting point of ... whatever, I actually had last month's cell bill kicking around so I took a look at it.

It was interesting to see an outbound call of mine recorded as calling from Cayuga to Caledonia, but the conversation was had sitting in the person's driveway I was calling. So I was calling Caledonia, from Caledonia.
(photo included for geographical reference.)

These areas used to be considered more rural but have become more densely populated (Caledonia, anyway ... not so much Cayuga) over the past few years.
Still, though ... really not a lot going on in the area.
Interesting to see that I was pinged off the Cayuga tower when I was right downtown Caledonia.

Attachments

• calecayu.jpg
    calecayu.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 207
Re Millard hadn&#8217;t acquired ammunition:

It is extremely difficult to believe this. I know it isn&#8217;t in evidence that he acquired ammo, but neither DM or MWJ can easily be believed in this (and many other) matter(s). We do have to make some &#8220;most likely/common sense&#8221; assumptions/deductions while looking at the evidence as a whole. No ammo?? Nah.

MOO

I think the evidence points to him not having ammo. Isho texted that "If all goes well, you should have domes tonight (July 3rd)". There is no talk of a meeting prior to Millard picking up LB, and Isho doesn't seem like he's the kinda guy to get things done ahead of schedule, so I'm pretty sure Millard has an empty gun at that point. Yes he did leave the house for an hour but the fact that LB's phone was quite during that trip leads me to believe that she was already dead at that point.

And again, nothing he would need MS for. Not even sure why he included him in the disposal...except to set up those incriminating pics.
We'll never know- maybe MS was in on the action. It was radio silence between the two of them for many hours and that was quite a bit of time they could have spent on the "hurt" component. MOO

I think the evidence points to him not having ammo. Isho texted that "If all goes well, you should have domes tonight (July 3rd)". There is no talk of a meeting prior to Millard picking up LB, and Isho doesn't seem like he's the kinda guy to get things done ahead of schedule, so I'm pretty sure Millard has an empty gun at that point. Yes he did leave the house for an hour but the fact that LB's phone was quite during that trip leads me to believe that she was already dead at that point.
IMHO, we can't assume that DM killed LB right away. He may have drugged her up, gagged her, tied her up. DM and MS are very sick people. They're sitting there knowing EXACTLY what they did to LB. There'll be a special place in Hell for the two of them when they finally die in prison. MOO

The jury is coming back in again. We're underway.
by Adam Carter 2:27 PM

Now we're moving on to a review of text messages from July 3 to 5, which is the time period in which Babcock disappeared.
by Adam Carter 2:30 PM

At 7:33 p.m. on July 3, Millard tells Smich in a text "I'm on a mission, back in one hour."
by Adam Carter 2:31 PM

IMHO, we can't assume that DM killed LB right away. He may have drugged her up, gagged her, tied her up. DM and MS are very sick people. They're sitting there knowing EXACTLY what they did to LB. There'll be a special place in Hell for the two of them when they finally die in prison. MOO

I don't see anything that would indicate that LB was alive for very long. Nothing that would indicate Smich was involved that evening either. He might have been, we just don't know for sure and to what extent they talked. The only evidence we have is that Smich doesn't seem confused at all about the "spliff" comment, and we know he didn't talk to Millard before he left the house. Just not enough to pin a M1 on him based on that comment.

Code now talking about there was a photo taken on Millard's iPhone on the afternoon of July 4, of a dog sitting beside a long, wrapped up blue tarp. It was taken at Millard's farm.
by Adam Carter 2:36 PM

"The Crown's position is that Mr. Millard needed the green Dodge van, with its large open space in the back, to transport Ms. Babcock's body, wrapped up in the blue tarp, from the Maple Gate home in Etobicoke to the farm."
by Adam Carter 2:39 PM

This van had a large open space in the back with a sliding door.
by Adam Carter 2:39 PM

Ten minutes after the photo of the dog and the blue tarp was taken, Code says, there was a text from Millard to Schlatman at 2:50 p.m., saying: BBQ trailer is next highest priority after Yukon."
by Adam Carter 2:41 PM

What was up with the Yukon? Did he get SS to take the seats out of it and paint the interior or something?

Then, Code says, there are some texts between Millard and Smich. In one of them, Smich asks "How's the spliff?" Millard had previously texted him "I rolled my first spliff."
by Adam Carter 2:42 PM

Code tells the jury they should relate all of these texts to cell tower analysis that they've previously heard.
by Adam Carter 2:42 PM

Now we're moving on to texts about the arrival of the incinerator called The Eliminator that the Crown contends was used to burn Babcock's body.
by Adam Carter 2:45 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member