Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.12.17 - Final Charge - *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he cared when we know LB was still alive. What changed between 7:03 and 8:25? He obviously didn't care if Smich was out front at that point. Possibly Millard wanted to do this all by himself, he killed her and went for a drive where he decided he needed help from Smich.

What if he left her at his place, incapacitated in some way for that hour that he ran the mission. That could be why he didn’t text Smich not to be outside.

Or maybe MS was having fun with an incapacitated LB in private before they went in for the kill. IMHO, DM had tracked down some "domes" for his gun and that was an important element of the kill. MOO

Did the phone ping data show that Millard went anywhere near Isho's known hangouts? Nope. He didn't particularly go in any given direction, north, west, south then east. That if he had driven in a straight line, to a location and back, I'd agree with you, but the evidence simply doesn't support your theory.

Well he cared when we know LB was still alive. What changed between 7:03 and 8:25? He obviously didn't care if Smich was out front at that point. Possibly Millard wanted to do this all by himself, he killed her and went for a drive where he decided he needed help from Smich.

Still makes no sense that he would feel the need to hide Laura from MS, then an hour later bring MS all in, whether she was deceased at that point or not. MOO

Code, "Members of the jury, you may now retire and consider your verdict."

They've been dismissed.

by Shannon Martin 1:46 PM

I don't think he cared if MS saw LB. I think it was probably the other way around. He didn't want LB to know that MS was there. Especially if he was about to murder her. He probably also didn't want MM to see LB arrive at the house either. The less MM sees, the better.

Yes, I agree with this. This is not what the other poster was arguing, though.

What if he left her at his place, incapacitated in some way for that hour that he ran the mission. That could be why he didn’t text Smich not to be outside.

Possible? But then you would have to explain why Smich would text Millard after he left about leaving money for food. Doesn't make sense.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
4m4 minutes ago
Jury is back. Two seats emptier. Judge is telling jury about their oath, and how that's all that is expected of them. Jury constables now being sworn. #LauraBabcock

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
2m2 minutes ago
"You may now retire and consider your verdict." #LauraBabock jury out. #BREAKING

Or maybe MS was having fun with an incapacitated LB in private before they went in for the kill. IMHO, DM had tracked down some "domes" for his gun and that was an important element of the kill. MOO

Whenever I think about DM killing LB during his 1 hour mission, I wonder why he wouldn’t just take her body right to the farm after. There is no reason to carry a dead body back into his house and then leave it there all night and ship it out the next day, in broad daylight! Why pull an all-nighter after? If he had killed her right away, he could have ditched her body at the barn and been back home playing video games with MS by 10pm that night.

IMO the plan was more than just kill and cremate. It was hurt, kill, and cremate, and I believe MS there for each phase.

Interesting article from 3 years ago.

It involves a home invasion case not a murder, but I was struck with how 'thin' the circumstancial evidence was and yet jury could convict on that and appeal courts support the jury decision. I think we here @ WS would have debated if there was enough to convict in this case for months! :p

http://www.canadianlawyermag.com/le...jury-verdict-on-circumstantial-evidence-6038/

Rubel says the reasonableness test, which asks the jury whether it has to stretch its imagination to find alternative explanation for the evidence, was not in question. (The court of appeal notes the trial judge was clear in its instructions.)

What’s interesting, says Rubel — and perhaps troubling, from a criminal defence perspective — is that the jury may have decided not to vigorously apply the test.
And by quietly accepting the appeal court’s dismissal, and by extension the jury’s verdict, the SCC may tacitly reaffirm the authority of juries to render their verdicts independently — even when they’re controversial.
“The Supreme Court is giving the deference that courts have always given to jury verdicts,” says Rubel. “That’s why they refer to them as the gold standard.”

Did the phone ping data show that Millard went anywhere near Isho's known hangouts? Nope. He didn't particularly go in any given direction, north, west, south then east. That if he had driven in a straight line, to a location and back, I'd agree with you, but the evidence simply doesn't support your theory.
Can someone please post a map of his route.

Whenever I think about DM killing LB during his 1 hour mission, I wonder why he wouldn’t just take her body right to the farm after. There is no reason to carry a dead body back into his house and then leave it there all night and ship it out the next day, in broad daylight! Why pull an all-nighter after? If he had killed her right away, he could have ditched her body at the barn and been back home playing video games with MS by 10pm that night.

IMO the plan was more than just kill and cremate. It was hurt, kill, and cremate, and I believe MS there for each phase.

That's an interesting theory, and knowing how sick and twisted DM is, it is very plausible. Except for the fact that there were possibly several people in the house at the time (MM was there, WM may have been there). If they took that opportunity to hurt her (I hope they didn't), then is there not a risk of someone who isn't in on the plan hearing the screaming? I think DM did it quick, and I think MS helped clean up afterwards. Depending on how they did it, there may have been a lot of mess to clean up.

Or perhaps they drugged her immediately, did some things to her, then killed her later in the night. I think that would be more plausible than hurting her while she was still conscious.

I'm so with you!

Again, evidence doesn't show that. LB used her phone at 7:03. Millard gets a call 5 minutes later that lasts for six minutes until 7:14. By 7:26 his phone is already pinging off another tower. So at the most he has ten minutes to restrain her, and this doesn't take in to account that there is at least one other person, possibly two, if you don't count Smich, in the house.

Possible? But then you would have to explain why Smich would text Millard after he left about leaving money for food. Doesn't make sense.

I don’t see why that doesn’t make sense. It sounds to me like MS was simply unaware that DM left the building at that time.

Now we wait for the jury's questions so that we can overanalyze them and try and figure out where their heads are at.

I'll tell you something, broad daylight is the best time to transport sensitive items. Traffic is lighter, no chance of police spot-checks, and no chance of being pulled over for a burned out license plate light. In the daytime you just do the limit and you are golden. You also forget that there are no lights at the Millard farm, so he would have to rely on his vehicle headlights which could quite easily draw the attention of his neighbour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214