Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.12.17 - Final Charge - *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have involved with crimes all along. Like burning cars and throwing a pumpkin at cars and robbing a convenience store.
I did not know that I only knew of MS getting caught doing graffiti, so this says a lot, they were buddies in crime for a long time.

Re “it’s obvious that the people he told at the time did” ...

Is it obvious, though? Or did they purposefully have blinders on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MS had confessed to LB that they were burning bodies. DM's text about selling drugs and killing hookers is disturbing. That was from January 2013- a month after he had killed his dad and 6 months after LB. He refers to "hookers"- not hooker. I wonder how many missing women DM and MS are responsible for. Gone without a trace and without one ounce of concern from TPS. Talk about a serial killers playground- any area TPS have jurisdiction over. I wonder how many other little tidbits LE found on their devises that referred to prostitutes or other women that they weren't able to make any sense of?

Right? So great.

Strangulation is not quiet. It is difficult, takes some strength and time, and usually there is a lot of thrashing etc.

I think it was more hide MS from LB. Sneak attack.

Maybe they gave her drugs, or hit her on the back of the head first. Being the cowards that they are, I expect they made it as easy as possible for themselves. I just hope it was quick for her, in that she at least was not conscious for the worst of it. IMO

[bbm]

unless the victim is expecting to pass out via 'rough' sex ... might not be thrashing then

Right? So great.

Strangulation is not quiet. It is difficult, takes some strength and time, and usually there is a lot of thrashing etc.

I think it was more hide MS from LB. Sneak attack.

MS had confessed to LB that they were burning bodies. DM's text about selling drugs and killing hookers is disturbing. That was from January 2013- a month after he had killed his dad and 6 months after LB. He refers to "hookers"- not hooker. I wonder how many missing women DM and MS are responsible for. Gone without a trace and without one ounce of concern from TPS. Talk about a serial killers playground- any area TPS have jurisdiction over. I wonder how many other little tidbits LE found on their devises that referred to prostitutes or other women that they weren't able to make any sense of?

Gives you an idea of why DM is so cocky....he may very well have gotten away with other murders.

Or that Smich had boasted to two friends — dubbed the “garage confession” — of actually killing a girl and the rap lyrics he wrote about describing the crime were drawn from reality rather than his perverse imagination. Only the first of seven verses was submitted into evidence by the Crown.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/star-columnists/2017/12/08/guns-murder-and-the-garage-confession-what-the-laura-babcock-jury-wasnt-told.html

Seven verses?

So according to MM, MS lied under oath when he testified in his own defence at the TB trial that DM looked like a lunatic after he got out of TB’s pickup after shooting him, and he was scared of DM and had to help him put TB’s body in the eliminator, but complained his shoulder hurt? But wasn’t the first body? Interesting....

Hope Santa brings these two *******s an M1 for Christmas....moo

Earlier in the trial while waiting for the jury to return, the judge brought Bosma's name up unprompted.

"You should tell the Bosmas that the Babcocks will need their support when the jury goes out," Code said to the Crown. "That's important."

Babcock's parents sat in the first row and smiled.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/toront...-trial-never-heard-of-tim-bosma-s-murder.html

Millard texted Smich: “The BBQ is the last piece of the 3500 puzzle.”

Wow, why didn’t we hear that one in the TB trial?!

From Smich to Millard: “Like I said, this is only the beginning. I’m makin us a team, an army. You kno. We will be proper soon. Nobody can f--- with Say10 and Dman.”

From MS to DM, not other way around! How to interpret this? Does he make them a team by composition, or as a leader?

Earlier in the trial while waiting for the jury to return, the judge brought Bosma's name up unprompted.

"You should tell the Bosmas that the Babcocks will need their support when the jury goes out," Code said to the Crown. "That's important."

Babcock's parents sat in the first row and smiled.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/toront...-trial-never-heard-of-tim-bosma-s-murder.html

It is frightening to consider that DM and MS may benefit from the exclusion of TB-related evidence. To exclude texts which:
1) show clearly that LB is dead and
2) show clearly that MS was in on the planning of LB's murder
and could potentially alter the verdict (esp. for MS) seems to me to be an affront to justice.

As a side note, I was in the courtroom on the day that this happened. I was astounded by the patience that Code extended to Millard:

“Still, the judge continually bent over backwards to afford Millard more time to prepare. But the convicted killer still made repeated efforts to delay the trial — even asking for a week’s adjournment for a witness he hadn’t even bothered to subpoena.

“This is a game, your honour,” said exasperated Crown attorney Jill Cameron. “This is a game to buy time as he’s done all along.”

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/mandel

It is frightening to consider that DM and MS may benefit from the exclusion of TB-related evidence. To exclude texts which:
1) show clearly that LB is dead and
2) show clearly that MS was in on the planning of LB's murder
and could potentially alter the verdict (esp. for MS) seems to me to be an affront to justice.

Can Crown appeal if they will be not satisfied with the outcome? Would it be a new complete trial?

I'm catching up again thank you for the tweets. I feel for the 2 who are about to leave the jury- they would be very emotionally invested.
Wonder if work will mind if I take a personal day to stay home and read the what the jury didn't hear ?[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a side note, I was in the courtroom on the day that this happened. I was astounded by the patience that Code extended to Millard:

“Still, the judge continually bent over backwards to afford Millard more time to prepare. But the convicted killer still made repeated efforts to delay the trial — even asking for a week’s adjournment for a witness he hadn’t even bothered to subpoena.

“This is a game, your honour,” said exasperated Crown attorney Jill Cameron. “This is a game to buy time as he’s done all along.”

http://torontosun.com/news/local-news/mandel

Would love to hear from people who were at court what they saw that they couldn't discuss because the jury wasn't there (if its allowed here)

I agree. I think there is a strong possibility that much more has occurred, but that there isn’t enough evidence at this time to bring forward more charges?

A "fair" trial is one thing, but excluding evidence that solidifies the accused's "amorality" is unfair to the victims, their loved ones, and society.

Source: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/amorality
Amorality...having no moral standards, restraints, or principles; unaware of or indifferent to questions of right or wrong: a completely amoral person.

Source: https://www.thestar.com/opinion/sta...n-what-the-laura-babcock-jury-wasnt-told.html
“I’m down to merk (murder) people if it’s a big enough payoff,” Millard texted Smich in early 2012.
From Smich to Millard: “Like I said, this is only the beginning. I’m makin us a team, an army. You kno. We will be proper soon. Nobody can f--- with Say10 and Dman.”
Excluded were... Sixteen purported criminal incidents related to Millard, specifically, that could “indicate a pervasive and casual amorality”

Reviewing "what the jury didn't hear"... solidifies my position that in our current justice system, the rights of the "amoral" accused trump the rights of the innocent victim. When the justice system does not mete out full and truthful justice, then it becomes primarily a legal system, and no longer serves society for it's intended purpose. This should be corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back