Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.12.17 - Final Charge - *Verdict Watch*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have begun working on changing it. If each other member here clicks on "feedback" below the description, and submits why Google ought to change it, they will.

Done. Thank you for the tip. Hoping other members do the same.

I think there's many folks that support your view, Andreww. But I'd argue that those who see it or interpret the evidence differently, don't actually see MM through "rose coloured glasses".

We all bring different experiences to the table, that's what makes a good discussion forum.

Hi Grey -St, Your thoughtful, compassionate posts have been very reflective of my own feelings toward MM. I have worked with at-risk youth for more years than I care to think about and have encountered many MM’s along the way. Hers is a situation that many young girls have found themselves in, albeit an extreme example, but the presenting problems and behaviours are in no way unique to her.

I do understand why MM is such a polarizing figure in these discussions but I have I found that while we are able to view own behaviours within the context of our personal circumstances, we tend to explain others’ behaviour as character judgements rather than a response to the situation they are in.

I am not rocking rose coloured glasses either but if I didn’t believe that people were capable of change I wouldn’t be able to do the work that I do.

Yes this goes either way for me, because she could have feared it more simply because there was a gun involved and they were taking it from a person alive and with them instead of one sleeping in their bed. 3500 at night and parked in a driveway.
I don't see how a journalists choice of words can be interpreted as evidence.

In any sense, whether she "begged" him or not, I don't see what it proves? I tend to agree with Abro, that it's a leap to assume she had prior knowledge of a murder, just because you take the position that she in fact "begged him" not to go. JMO though.

Hi Grey -St, Your thoughtful, compassionate posts have been very reflective of my own feelings toward MM. I have worked with at-risk youth for more years than I care to think about and have encountered many MM’s along the way. Hers is a situation that many young girls have found themselves in, albeit an extreme example, but the presenting problems and behaviours are in no way unique to her.

I do understand why MM is such a polarizing figure in these discussions but I have I found that while we are able to view own behaviours within the context of our personal circumstances, we tend to explain others’ behaviour as character judgements rather than a response to the situation they are in.

I am not rocking rose coloured glasses either but if I didn’t believe that people were capable of change I wouldn’t be able to do the work that I do.
Thank you for the kind words, Fionn! And respect to you, for all that you do. I'm with you, in the field and in this comment!

I don't see how a journalists choice of words can be interpreted as evidence.

In any sense, whether she "begged" him or not, I don't see what it proves? I tend to agree with Abro, that it's a leap to assume she had prior knowledge of a murder, just because you take the position that she in fact "begged him" not to go. JMO though.

That’s not a choice of words, it’s a direct quote. Also an admission that she had knowledge of the truck theft and how it was going to happen prior to the crime. She said it was a stupid idea, thus she had to know the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews

Back in court waiting for verdict in #LauraBabcock murder trial. Stay tuned! @CHCHNews 6pm for the day's story. Breaking news tweeted here.

Court has reconvened in the #LauraBabcock murder trial, in the absence of the deliberating jury. Judge says Dellen #Millard has a mistrial application. "Did you get some legal advice on this?"

He did get some advice over the lunch hour. The mistrial application has to do with Dungey's closing to the jury for Mark #Smich. Judge says this is the first he's heard of this and needs to pull materials. Taking 20 minutes. #LauraBabcock.

Yes this goes either way for me, because she could have feared it more simply because there was a gun involved and they were taking it from a person alive and with them instead of one sleeping in their bed. 3500 at night and parked in a driveway.
Yes, I tend to agree. I think it's suggestive that she thought this particular mission seemed or sounded more risky to her.

We really don't have much evidence either to how she viewed previous missions.

A mistrial application!?!
I wonder who advised him... Saul Goodman?

Court has reconvened in the #LauraBabcock murder trial, in the absence of the deliberating jury. Judge says Dellen #Millard has a mistrial application. "Did you get some legal advice on this?"

He did get some advice over the lunch hour. The mistrial application has to do with Dungey's closing to the jury for Mark #Smich. Judge says this is the first he's heard of this and needs to pull materials. Taking 20 minutes. #LauraBabcock.

COME ON.

(But also: "Did you get some legal advice on this?" I can imagine the look on Justice Code's face as he asked this.)

ETA: Jill Cameron's head must be about to explode.

I don’t get these images. There’s what looks like a bench made out of a log, a bunch of stumps in groups of 5. A high five. A bunch of sausages in the shape of a hand giving a high five. The video alludes to a secret message from Smich to Millard. Does anyone know what it means? I feel like it should be obvious but i’m not seeing it....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECVuTqhbGnA&sns=em

I was trying to figure out what these images meant... and now with the discussion about chopping wood?? I feel sick...

I am of the opinion that several clan members are holding back knowledge of these horrific crimes. But I don't know the level of knowledge, or their sincerity because I did not have the opportunity to observe their body language on the stand. So, like many highly intelligent folks involved in financial crimes, these folks could have developed a sudden case of not remembering.

Those that I question based on what I have read from court tweets, are ....

SS
AM
MM
MH
CN *

Since there is no evidence to prove they knew more, with the exception of CN, the most I can hope for is that the crown can prove their case with what they have. At this time, what was not allowed is more concerning than what I may believe was purposely omitted from testimonies. MOO

Back in court waiting for verdict in #LauraBabcock murder trial. Stay tuned! @CHCHNews 6pm for the day's story. Breaking news tweeted here.

Hypothesizing here...

Justice Code... Really DM? Hope you're not wasting all our time (once again)
Let me look into this... Dungey's closing to the jury... review - hmmm... it was quite short, so I'll keep mine short.

MISTRIAL DENIED.

COME ON.

(But also: "Did you get some legal advice on this?" I can imagine the look on Justice Code's face as he asked this.)
Is it too early to drink?
Your ship is sinking DM, may as well pull the plug imo

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I am guessing that the mistrial application is based on Dungey’s comment about Millard’s character.

What part of Dungey's closing do y'all think it could be based on?

Yes, I tend to agree. I think it's suggestive that she thought this particular mission seemed or sounded more risky to her.

We really don't have much evidence either to how she viewed previous missions.
No, but she has been/participated by being a "look out" or "spotter"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member