Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is a little more clear:

Trevor Dunn‏
@trevorjdunn

All 12 jurors recommend consecutive sentence for Millard.
5 jurors recommend consecutive sentence for Smich.
7 jurors have no recommendation for Smich.

Interesting. So 7 jurors think that MS was not "quite as guilty" and don't want to make a recommendation regarding his sentencing.

I wonder if the judge will take that to heart and give DM consecutive and MS concurrent. That would really piss DM off. LOL

MOO

So my take from that is seven had trouble with MS evidence. They should feel easier now, knowing he's already a convicted murderer.

I agree with this. However, they couldn't have been too unconvinced with the MS evidence, or they could have recommended a concurrent sentence. Instead they chose to make no recommendation.
Hurry home now jury members, and read more about MS. Then you can be at peace with your correct decision. MOO

Interesting. So 7 jurors think that MS was not "quite as guilty" and don't want to make a recommendation regarding his sentencing.

I wonder if the judge will take that to heart and give DM consecutive and MS concurrent. That would really piss DM off. LOL

MOO

I would read it as they think DM was the leader of this murder which makes sense I think.

So my take from that is seven had trouble with MS evidence. They should feel easier now, knowing he's already a convicted murderer.
IMO their issue would be with how manipulative DM obviously was- if it was just him, I think they would have taken an hour. Convicting MS was definitely were the roadblock was. MOO

Ironic that Shannon Martin, Lisa Hepfner and Adam Carter are not in the courtroom for this verdict. Too bad the jury couldn't "get it done" yesterday.

MOO

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
2m2 minutes ago
I will be on @CHCHNews at 6pm tonight discuss the #guilty verdict. #LauraBabcock

Ironic that Shannon Martin, Lisa Hepfner and Adam Carter are not in the courtroom for this verdict. Too bad the jury couldn't "get it done" yesterday.

MOO
Too bad for their news outlets. No doubt they could have paid to have coverage there. Maybe their on their way to TO right now to pick up the after trial interviews with the lawyers? thankfully we have ABro and Liam there!!!

Oh and Like Like like on everyone's relieved comments!

Given Justice Code said "this trial was among his most difficult", I wonder if he will give MS a consecutive sentence?

Mentioned on CP24 how DM hurt his TB appeal chances by saying he would have gotten MS on manslaughter if he testified. Basically admitting it was killing.

Who makes the decision as to what prison they are assigned to.

I hope DM the is moved from his comfortable penitentiary today.

WOW folks. First of all, I called it this morning! I knew a verdict would come in while I was driving! Also, to the individual who had the 11:59 dream, I have goosebumps!

All I can say is that I’m elated. M1 for both, well deserved boys. Justice has been served. THANK YOU to the jury. If you shall ever read this, from the bottom of my broken heart, thank you for making the right decision. I’m sorry to hear that it was likely difficult for some of you. The WTJDH articles will help you. If you’re struggling I hope there’s a way you can recieve counseling. Take care of yourselves.

DM is lucky I wasn’t in Linda Babcocks shoes today. He might not make it back to his cell tonight. Bless her and the rest of LB’s loved ones for being so brave.

I’ve known about the Harper decision re. consecutive sentencing for quite some time, but I did NOT know that the jury made recommendation on that decision. Quite a stellar outcome I’d say. All 12 for it re. DM, 5 for it re. MS and 7 did not submit re. MS. That is much better than 7 being for concurrent.

Lastly, the fact that Hank Bosma is on Twitter, and proclaiming his enthusiasm, makes me so happy. Bless everyone involved. Though these are still difficult times, may justice, love and support fill their souls.

Back to catching up for me, with tears in my eyes!

"We sat through a 6 week funeral for our daughter Laura"
Clayton Babcock just said to begin the live reaction. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat