Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ann Brocklehurst‏
@AnnB03
6m6 minutes ago
More
There are stories coming up on how the Millard letters might have been transmitted from the jail

Wow...good job jury. And very interesting that it appears those "in the know" about their other conviction did not bring that info into deliberations. This verdict was based on them having only been charged with the first murder. Can't get more fair than that.

RIP Laura :rose:

I guess DM is going to get serious about "righting these wrongs" and wants some real legal representation now? Perhaps his final insult will be to spend as much as possible on legal fees for appeals and vigorous defense in the WM trial before any award may be granted in the civil suit?

And what "penitentiary" does he want to go back to? What federal prison has he been housed in so far? :waitasec:

When I submitted mine I said that an attribution of "Canadian Aircraft Pilot" for Dellen Millard was a bit like referring to Charles Manson as an "American Singer-Songwriter". LOL

I just have to say that’s awesome JuneBug!!! I wish my submissions were that perfect!

Liam Casey‏Verified account @liamdevlincasey

Mark Smich has had no reaction in court thus far.

We're waiting in court for jury to come back with recommendations on sentencing. Since first-degree murder carries life sentences, they're discussing parole eligibility. Millard and Smich have already been convicted of 1st-degree murder for death of Tim Bosma.

The Crown has asked for consecutive sentences for Millard and Smich. When judge told jury he wanted their recommendations because the pair have been convicted of first-degree murder, one juror said loudly "What?"

Missed this:

Ann Brocklehurst‏
@AnnB03
29m29 minutes ago
More
Millard often has what looks like a faint smirk as he has stared at Babcocks today and at pre-trial motions. Impossible to imagine what he's thinking. There was a complaint at PT motions about him doing this

He's enjoying the pain he is causing.

Ari Goldkind just said on the news that Millard had ‘girlfriends’ in the courtroom through out the trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Like Manson?

Ann Brocklehurst‏
@AnnB03
5m5 minutes ago
More
There is new material now that we can report about the Bosma case. Pub ban was unusual in that it extended until verdict at Babcock trial

BBM
and we'll soon find out who aided and abetted DM in communicating with his no-contact list. Nice! Rabbit's personal "Harry Potter Owl".

Did it last week on every device I could, but gonna start over again with the NEW information!

I expected tears in the courtroom, but it broke my heart hearing how emotional some of the jurors were.

Mine as well. I think the burden of making a decision of this magnitude would weigh very heavily on most people. I am happy that the courts are now recognizing how traumatic sitting on a jury can be and making counselling available to those that want it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jury's back:

Trevor Dunn‏
@trevorjdunn
1m1 minute ago
More
Justice Code will no read each juror's recommendations re: consecutive sentencing.

Ari Goldkind just said on the news that Millard had ‘girlfriends’ in the courtroom through out the trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His little gold digging groupies...well, they better keep digging cuz there ain’t gonna be nothing left once he’s taken for everything by the Bosma and Babcock family!!

I believe I read somewhere that all his assets that his mom took possession of for a dollar and sold were frozen because of the timing that he did it. To avoid paying his victims families. So this could possibly mean that a ruling can be made that it was done for that sole purpose and can be undone and rewarded to the families.

Anyone else hear about this? Or was I dreaming it because I can remember where I seen it.

Ann Brocklehurst‏
@AnnB03

Foreperson giving written recommendations to judge. 12 recommend consecutive, maximum Millard. 5 recommend for consec/ max for Smich, 7 have no recommendation for Smich

This is a little more clear:

Trevor Dunn‏
@trevorjdunn

All 12 jurors recommend consecutive sentence for Millard.
5 jurors recommend consecutive sentence for Smich.
7 jurors have no recommendation for Smich.

When I submitted mine I said that an attribution of "Canadian Aircraft Pilot" for Dellen Millard was a bit like referring to Charles Manson as an "American Singer-Songwriter". LOL

LOL, perfect!

Wow...good job jury. And very interesting that it appears those "in the know" about their other conviction did not bring that info into deliberations. This verdict was based on them having only been charged with the first murder. Can't get more fair than that.

RIP Laura :rose:

I guess DM is going to get serious about "righting these wrongs" and wants some real legal representation now? Perhaps his final insult will be to spend as much as possible on legal fees for appeals and vigorous defense in the WM trial before any award may be granted in the civil suit?

And what "penitentiary" does he want to go back to? What federal prison has he been housed in so far? :waitasec:

I was sitting beside Dungey the other day as he spoke to someone else and he was saying they have been in Millhaven until this trial when they were moved temporarily to the GTA.

Trevor Dunn‏
@trevorjdunn
1m1 minute ago
More
Sentencing hearing scheduling to be discussed in court next week. Judge now thanking everyone. Code says trial was among his most difficult.

Ann Brocklehurst‏
@AnnB03

Foreperson giving written recommendations to judge. 12 recommend consecutive, maximum Millard. 5 recommend for consec/ max for Smich, 7 have no recommendation for Smich

So my take from that is seven had trouble with MS evidence. They should feel easier now, knowing he's already a convicted murderer.

Since sentencing of both murders are years apart, does not MS get 25 years from today before parole eligibility, even if concurrent? Or at least from the LB arrest date.

Trevor Dunn‏ @trevorjdunn

All 12 jurors recommend consecutive sentence for Millard.
5 jurors recommend consecutive sentence for Smich.
7 jurors have no recommendation for Smich.

Sentencing hearing scheduling to be discussed in court next week. Judge now thanking everyone. Code says trial was among his most difficult.

Hearing this makes me think that the time to reach a verdict likely was due to detailed discussion concerning MS.
Can't really read much into the breakdowns but interesting to see the distinct difference between the jury reaction to the question.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back