Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh...poor DM must be missing his buddies at the Pen...perhaps life in TO isn't a good fit for him? Gotta get home for Christmas!

Ann Brocklehurst‏
@AnnB03
Dungey clarifying that their input on sentencing is individual not as a group. Judge says same question occurred to him. Dungey wonders if they mistakenly think they all have to agree

Interesting to see that Millard now wants a lawyer to represent him at the Sentencing.

He is an absolute monster. There is no other word to describe him.

RSBM - there are other words to describe him but, if used here, I may get banned and I really appreciate this thread.
Justice for Laura and Family. [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Liam Casey‏Verified account @liamdevlincasey 2m2 minutes ago

Dellen Millard will be back in court on Wednesday for a short court appearance for his next first-degree murder trial for the death of his father.

Interesting to see that Millard now wants a lawyer to represent him at the Sentencing.

I think that tells me that he knows he's done and isn't interested in playing Lawyer anymore. BTW, he knew he was done from the very beginning. He just wanted his time in the limelight. MOO

Lisa Hepfner Retweeted

SeánO'SheaGLOBALTV‏Verified account
@ConsumerSOS
2m2 minutes ago

Now judge Michael Code is recalling jury to tell them they don’t have to unanimously agree on the idea of consecutive vs concurrent

Does it have to be the same for both MS and DM as well? Is it a vote? This is quite an interesting process. I, for one, didn't think Canada had consecutive sentences at all.

I had no idea the jury could decide this! So its a vote or is it just for the judge to take into consideration?

I am surprised by the verdict for MS. I didn't think the evidence was there for M1. Unless cleaning up the crime is viewed the same as committing the crime. But I won't be losing any sleep over this verdict. Even if MS got a raw deal with the LB trial he is still where he should be for the rest of his life. Lets hope these 2 *******s are sentenced consecutively.
Excellent job, Crown. And I thought Dungey and his assistant did a good job too. And Justice Code was excellent throughout. Thanks to all on-scene reporters and WS members who did an awesome job keeping us updated.

I think that tells me that he knows he's done and isn't interested in playing Lawyer anymore. BTW, he knew he was done from the very beginning. He just wanted his time in the limelight. MOO

The worst part for Dellen will be after his father's trial when he can't stand up in court and bask in the attention. He'll just be another killer in the prison and rot for life.

Lisa Hepfner Retweeted

@ConsumerSOS
2m2 minutes ago

Now judge Michael Code is recalling jury to tell them they don’t have to unanimously agree on the idea of consecutive vs concurrent

Does it have to be the same for both MS and DM as well? Is it a vote? This is quite an interesting process. I, for one, didn't think Canada had consecutive sentences at all.

The possibility of consecutive sentences is newish, courtesy of the Harper government.

Lisa Hepfner Retweeted

@ConsumerSOS
2m2 minutes ago

It's fairly new. I believe it was brought in during the Harper gov't. I seen it used twice now. Once with Douglas Garland and also with, (I can't remember his name), the guy in Alberta that killed the 2 year old, her father and a neighbour. He got consecutive sentences as well.

IMO it should be consecutive. That's the last thing I can hope for.

:)

I had no idea the jury could decide this! So its a vote or is it just for the judge to take into consideration?

They don't decide it. They make a recommendation.

Millard stared down Sharlene after that verdict too. I think she said she had the sense that he was angry at her - that he felt SHE had done all this to HIM. Nuts.

Trevor Dunn‏
@trevorjdunn
47s47 seconds ago

Babcock's ex-boyfriend Shawn Lerner has arrived to court. Her mother hugs him.

The worst part for Dellen will be after his father's trial when he can't stand up in court and bask in the attention. He'll just be another killer in the prison and rot for life.

I hope he gets some rough justice in there. I wouldn't want to hurry back.

Millard stared down Sharlene after that verdict too. I think she said she had the sense that he was angry at her - that he felt SHE had done all this to HIM. Nuts.

Interesting that he chose to stare down women in both cases. Tim's Dad was there, other family members but he chose Sharlene. This time, he chose Laura's mother. Laura's Dad was right there. How come he didn't stare him down?

Just interesting to note.

Liam Casey‏Verified account @liamdevlincasey 2m2 minutes ago

Dellen Millard will be back in court on Wednesday for a short court appearance for his next first-degree murder trial for the death of his father.

Did the jury hear that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back