Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Grey-St, I couldn't agree more, it's a big thing. Even if it only makes a small dent in the overall problem. Deepak is denying his involvement, and at this time I can only see pressuring Rabbit for her source of letters delivered to SS as a possible way to have him charged. MOO

I'm shocked that a successful lawyer would be implicated in such a serious breach of ethics but at the same time I accept that there appears to be insufficient evidence to prove that he actually did it and we should take care to afford him the same presumption of innocence that we are all entitled to.

That being said, I think that the authorities and LSUC should do everything within their power to fully investigate this and bring the appropriate charges should the evidence warrant it.

Put myself together now and am able to write...I wept for hours...for Laura, for Tim, for Sharlene who was stoic and brave and handled this tragedy with such a grace, for her daughter, for parents, for lost lives and broken friendship, for such a brutal and senseless tragedy....People - I am speaking from my heart!!!!- We must love and care about each other...the life is too short and it must not be wasted...love each other and be kind to each other...my best wishes to everybody in the new year!!!! SPECIAL THANK YOU TO JURY, JUDGE AND JILL CAMERON AND ENTIRE CROWN TEAM!!!!!!

I'm greedy and wish we could hear how the Jury came about their findings, but am thankful for their service, and appreciate their findings.

Thoughts are with the families of the victims and the convicted for their acceptance of today's result and dealing with life after verdict.

This case was well presented by all sides, and covered very well by media.

Congratulations to the Crown for proving their case and delivering justice for the victim and her families.

And kudos to Justice Code for overseeing and charging such a monumental case with such unique variables.

All evidence pointed to DM. No surprises.
As for MS... I see it as he wanted to play the gangsta rap killer persona. He wanted to say that he did it, via lyrics and garage confessions, so, they took him at his word. Plus, as laid out, he helped source the eliminator, and do the cremation. For all we know her last breath could have been when they "went to go talk to that girl" while MM waited with headphones on. Or, by not waiting out front (DM's request on July 3rd not to be seen) he aided in her death if it was that evening (as all electronic evidence supports).

I look forward to sentencing in the New Year and the start of the WM trial!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

When I left earlier today I posted how I was so worried that it would be a hung jury. When I came home many hours later and saw the jury had reached a verdict I was so relieved and even better that it was M1 for both of them.
I even learned the jury has recommended that DM serve consecutive sentences and all jurors agreed and that to me sends a very strong messge of the disdain they have for him and want to see justice done and he never be on the street again.
Half of the jurors want to see MS serve consecutive sentences and that is okay. I think the judge will have both serve consecutive sentences.
Finally justice for Laura and an end of this horror for her family.
Thank you to the jury and to the crown for all the extraordinary hard work and for bringing JUSTICE TO LAURA.

hah guilty for both
thank goodness for the Babcocks

M1 carries a mandatory 25 years without parole so the only discretion Justice Code has is consecutive or concurrent.
toEven if he goes concurrent, I doubt either of these guys will ever be released.
i am happy to know that they never get out of prison. BYE, BYE. sickos. If they end up looking as miserable as Paul Bernardo in the video I saw of him that will definitely be good.
Personally I would probably prefer a death sentence from being locked up for the rest of life and they are young so they have a long , long time to rot away.

Has it been mentioned yet that DM has no problem being sentenced in absence? Always trying to manipulate. Total psychopath. DM was told he needs to file an application.

There was also a complaint without the jury about his smirk that he would carry.

RSBM - there are other words to describe him but, if used here, I may get banned and I really appreciate this thread.
Justice for Laura and Family. [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I think it's okay if DM himself is the one to say it:

“Toronto don’t give a flying **** who Dellen Millard is.."

http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/exclusive-jailhouse-interviews-accused-killer-dellen-millard-on-representing-himself-and-his-worries-about-the-jurys-verdict

He was trying to get out of being there for it and/or thought that might delay it?
Has it been mentioned yet that DM has no problem being sentenced in absence? Always trying to manipulate. Total psychopath. DM was told he needs to file an application.

There was also a complaint without the jury about his smirk that he would carry.

Lol, and a few (quite a few) argued us that there was no way a lawyer would do that.
I knew about the allegations of the lawyer smuggling them out, I was at the court the day it was discussed in the Bosma trial but the jury was not present and I could not say anything , so happy it came out now.

Most likely not even his old Wonderwall cares .................... but his new one cares they remain attached. MOO

attachment.php

Attachments

• mill.jpg
    mill.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 294
My 11:59 prediction was as I said, in a dream. But the dream was Thursday night so I expected it to be yesterday. And as I posted it here, I thought to myself... "no way will it be 11:59 now that I've typed it out loud."

Stuff like that happens to me often. Like I know how someone is going to finish a sentence. Sort of a deja vu thing. But I'm quite often wrong, so call me lucky. Maybe I'll by a lottery ticket today.

Well everyone- until we meet again! I couldn't be happier with the Jury's decision. The Babcock family now have closure- Shawn Lerner has closure and he can be proud for the rest of his life knowing that goodness trumps evil. He never turned his back on his Laura. The Babcock family now has closure and they can lay Laura to rest. Shawn can move on with his life and I wish him much love, success and happiness in his journey forward.

Millard and Smich will only be able to dream about their freedoms as they settle in to Millhaven "forever". Welcome to the Bernardo/Williams club boys. I hope DM has many haunting dreams about what his life could have been like. I hope MS enjoys writing jail house raps.

Merry Christmas my fellow sleuthers and mod's! Christmas came early for all of us!!! :) :) :) See you in 2018 in the WM Forum! :)
Thank you to all the good people in these trials like Shawn and Igor for coming forward so fast so DM could be caught. There were some good one among all the bad characters , shining lights.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE MEMBERS ON HERE, it was good to be on a forum that was respectful to the victims and I felt everyone really wanted to see JUSTICE done, I cannot say that about some on other forums who were supporting the accused.

Does DM have somewhere else he needs to be?

He is likely hoping to avoid the tongue lashing that Justice Code is preparing for him. A coward, right to the end.

As for his smirk, I have no problem with him smirking as long as he gets 50 years of parole ineligibility

I know its petty, but I can't help but wonder where night is today.

but we were told it would shock us when we found out who smuggled the letters out
this isn't shocking at all

Until recently, his Instagram username was "@cocaine_lawyer." That account has since been deleted.

A Toronto Sun story detailed some of the posts from his account, like a shot of his yellow Lamborghini with the comment: "Cocaine pays lol!!!" as well as photos of police-seized drugs and guns with the caption, "100 kilos of K 4 kilos of cocaine, 5 guns, Uzi, glock — NOT GUILTY!"

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/hamilton/bosma-babcock-millard-letters-1.4416125

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva
Back