Laura Babcock Murder Trial - *GUILTY*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Justice is alive and well today. Only things left to do is knock down a barn and send an incinerator to the crusher.

Grey-St, I couldn't agree more, it's a big thing. Even if it only makes a small dent in the overall problem. Deepak is denying his involvement, and at this time I can only see pressuring Rabbit for her source of letters delivered to SS as a possible way to have him charged. MOO

Just a guess, but ... could be that the statute of limitations has run out. Also if an obstruction of justice was considered at the time, could be it was decided to forego that charge in order to take the murder charges to trial. Had an obstruction of justice charge become public knowledge, it could have been prejudicial to the accused murderers.

You may well be correct but hung juries are actually fairly rare in Canada. The Judge won't let them leave until it is absolutely clear that a verdict cannot be reached. The pressure that must be put on to the holdouts in that jury room cannot be underestimated.

That being said, with respect to MS I do believe that this is a close one, so it certainly could happen here but the Judge will typically send them back two or three times should they come back and say they are unable to reach verdict.
Thanks for that information it is over now, but good to know in future trials if I decide to pay attention. My fears were wrong and they did convict both of them. hurray.

Justice is alive and well today. Only things left to do is knock down a barn and send an incinerator to the crusher.

The incinerator can be melted down in one of Hamilton's blast furnaces. The barn/farm was sold and is someone else's property now.

I wonder how he knows they are DM girlfriends as opposed to just random spectators. Did he talk to them? If so, I want details.

Ari Goldkind just said on the news that Millard had ‘girlfriends’ in the courtroom through out the trial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but we were told it would shock us when we found out who smuggled the letters out
this isn't shocking at all

From matou's post in Feb, 2015:

Glithero would not explain why the public was being excluded, only that the issue is "important" and "controversial" and needed to be dealt with immediately.

Outside of court, assistant Crown attorney Tony Leitch said "I have no doubt the matters being considered would be of great public interest."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/5444701-family-press-barred-from-bosma-pretrial-motions/

I'm on pins and needles and feeling emotional like all of you, too. I can't remember which WS poster it was, whose sister visited him/her in a dream and text'd 11:59. But my gosh, it's so close to that time with the news of a verdict!

I know I am late this morning, and this may already be posted but check out post #226 - and that is the first one to state the verdict!

Brilliant!!! I pulled up the news when I was out and busy and at that point the news was 50 minutes old. I was so happy to read the verdict.

Thank you Babcock Jury, Justice Code, Crown, witnesses, and so forth. I'm so relieved and pleased for the Babcock family on the verdict result but again, theirs is an enduring pain that will never remove and as CB also said, they'll continue to live with the sadness of what might have been. My heart, thoughts, and prayers to each and every one of them, Laura's closest friends, and Shawn Lerner indeed, for his love and determination.

PS - now I have to catch up

Lots of catch up but I see GUILTY wahooo x

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Justice Code,EVERY single member of the Jury, EVERY Police officer and Detective!
Poor Laura deserved better. My heart breaks for her Mum, Dad and all her family and friends.
Shawn, you have done well in life. You were a CHAMPION.

Now that CN's involvement (letters) in these murders have concluded, I can't help but wonder why she kept them all? I keep wondering if her involvement was more than what has been exposed, and that her "note to self" about using such information for blackmail purposes was actually the reason.

Sorry if already mentioned and sorry in advance that I’m not good at finding stuff but CN had a scribble on a piece of paper or sticky note reading “or blackmail him” so I think she held them to actually blackmail him. She said in court that it was just a joke. One of the very few times she remembered something.

Thanks for that information it is over now, but good to know in future trials if I decide to pay attention. My fears were wrong and they did convict both of them. hurray.

Juries have an uncanny ability to get it right, despite everything that may be kept from them.

I know it would be shocking to the general public but most of us here already knew the guy was capable of it from what had already been published about him.

From matou's post in Feb, 2015:

I'd rather the Judge sway to consecutive for MS anyway. I Think those 7 rather give it to the professional in the know.

What an emotional day. I can't imagine .... a toast tonight....
to all the hard work by the Jury, Crown and Judge Code. (great name for a Judge btw)
I think Jury decided faster than WS lol ;)
Interesting. So 7 jurors think that MS was not "quite as guilty" and don't want to make a recommendation regarding his sentencing.

I wonder if the judge will take that to heart and give DM consecutive and MS concurrent. That would really piss DM off. LOL

MOO
Oh! a toast of Love to the families and Friends of LB.

It's not like me...but I am still tearing up and crying! I am sure that I am not alone here!
I love Websleuths but I'm not one of those people...

Does DM have somewhere else he needs to be?

He is likely hoping to avoid the tongue lashing that Justice Code is preparing for him. A coward, right to the end.

As for his smirk, I have no problem with him smirking as long as he gets 50 years of parole ineligibility

I know its petty, but I can't help but wonder where night is today.

Maybe one of the girls at the courthouse in support of Dell? :D

Trevor Dunn‏
@trevorjdunn
1m1 minute ago

Crown says jury in murder trial can decide between consecutive/concurrent sentence. They are now being asked to return to court.

I am behind but reading where I left- so elated. Any of the jury that may be feeling the heavy burden of such a decision are about to have that cleared from there mind then ? To decide consecutive/ concurrent I am assuming they are about to find out previous convictions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back