Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek::eek::eek: "Bon Bon Bikinis" ?

"Bikini Baez" should have stayed with his "former" profession -- selling "bikinis" ...

He might have made more $$$$$ ... :floorlaugh:

But on a serious note, ICA chose JB 3 years ago, and she has stuck with him through all the hearings and through all of his poor "performances" in the courtroom.

Therefore, I hope she does not receive a new trial when this Jury finds her "guilty" ...

Afterall, it was ICA's CHOICE -- she had other attorneys, obviously more qualified ... ah, but they quit ... hmmm ...

MOO MOO and MOO ...

It's my understanding that at least in the state of FL, an attorney must meet special qualifications in order to qualify to defend a DP case. I can't imagine how JB would meet these specifics. Perhaps only one of the team needs to meet these requirements. (Posted question in verified attorneys thread as well.)

Jose is not DP qualified at this time, but by taking on this death penalty case, **and I am not sure if he has to win or not (I guess another question for verified lawyer thread), he will then become a DP qualified atty. I know several of the other attys on the case are DP qualified, and that is all he needs. Ann Finnell is certainly one of them. I imagine we will only see Ann if ICA is found guilty of 1st degree murder.

Every time I think about this I have the same reflex reaction - you know the one where you automatically tilt your head in puzzlement, have an ever so slight smile on one corner of your mouth, take a moderately deep breath and blow it out through pursed lips, while executing the mandatory rolling of the eyes, as you slowly shake your head in disbelief (and it is sometimes accompanied by the scratching of the head :waitasec:)... it's the same reaction I have when I see anyone who has just embarrassed themselves (but doesn't know it) or is about to do something really stupid (and doesn't realize it yet)

I guess I can see one over confident/under competent lawyer coming up with the strategy given in the opening statement or making the blunders we have seen in this case. But a whole team of them? How can it be that the DT and those who once were part of the DT (or consultants) are the only ones that don't see how absurd this defense is? It isn't just JB and I just can't see how these other attorneys can be involved in or associated with what appears to me to be a big embarrassment.

Can you imagine having to include on your resume' that you worked for the Baez Law Firm? or that you were part of the Casey Anthony defense?
Some of the lawyers HHJP was referring to work for JB or CM and are there by default,so to speak. Insanity. JMO

Even funnier is that his home page is the only page you can view. Every single link on his site is broken. You would think that if you were the primary defense attorney in the biggest trial in the country, you would make sure your website worked.

In the last 3 years I don't recall it ever working.

I don't think this is funny, really. True, yes, but frightening. Every accused person deserves the right to a fair trial with the best possible defense. I believe ICA is guilty of pre-meditated murder, and IMO even the best defense lawyer around would not be able to get the jury to find her not guilty. But Jose Baez is incompetent, to the point that it hurts our system of justice. And so, like so many others have said, ICA will probably be able to get a new trial based on the poor defense.
It was JB's duty if he felt the deck was so stacked against his client and the evidence showed without any reasonable doubt she is guilty to convince his client to accept a plea deal. Yes the client can decline but more than not a good attorney can convince his client when he shows the client exactly the evidence.

It is clear that JB never even looked at most of the States disclosure of evidence. If they had they would have tried to get the animation out during a pre-trial hearing. They also would have argued the jailhouse video's much earlier.

With JB character in full display my common sense tells me that he probably told his client something like this "The evidence is strong but I can argue them all way" Client: Do you think I should take the plea" JB: Well it is up to you but I am confident in that I can be effective at trial".

I recall during ICA fit in court I saw her mouth something like "you told me blah blah blah" JB's ego and concerns about himself ie. asking potential jurors a question of "how am I doing" Freudian slip if you ask me all and more then typed here are my evidence of my common sense on this matter.

MOO

Lera

Even funnier is that his home page is the only page you can view. Every single link on his site is broken. You would think that if you were the primary defense attorney in the biggest trial in the country, you would make sure your website worked.

Maybe it's intentional. Maybe he doesn't have anything to put on any of those links. :)

OTOH, look what I got when trying to access one of his links: :eek:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Click here to close this webpage.

Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information

Maybe it's intentional. Maybe he doesn't have anything to put on any of those links. :)

OTOH, look what I got when trying to access one of his links: :eek:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Click here to close this webpage.

Continue to this website (not recommended).

More information
The person who did the website was hired by JB, the web designer will usually ask for partial payment up front. This initial page will have most of what the client wants except links will not function and so forth. My educated guess is that JB did not pay any more to the website designer. The payment JB gave up to date was what he has on his page now. MOO

Thanks for the great link.

I realize that any lawyer advocating for "the most hated person" in the world would be hated by "association", but in the beginning I wanted to give Baez the benefit of the doubt...only because I know that it is/was illogical to hate him and I have some inexplicable tendency to pull for the underdog. After watching the trial, however, it has become so clear that Baez' concern is only him, certainly not KC. (Dr. Glass just did a recent article on how KC is still flirty like 3 years ago, while in contrast Baez is now barely acknowledging her and ignoring her).

It's stunning to me that Baez has been able to do what he has done. He made sure that he kept his client's family away from her, according to him, because of the "media", but there was a far more sinister reason..he wanted to make sure this trial went all the way to trial so that he would get to become rich and famous. If KC had access to her family over the years, it is likely she might have been reached by them. Certainly all the A's were desperate to help HER as much as find Caylee. Baez made his team her "new family"..in a form of brainwashing. (I think KC was of course happy to be manipulated like this, because she obviously liked the dream team better than her "screwball" family who just kept yammering on about Cayyllleee). Still, it made no real sense to demand that the family stay away. Everyone wondered why on earth the family couldn't have visited to say things like "happy birthday!", or a simple "I love you..how's the cole slaw today?"

Even though people say KC is not "insane", she is clearly not normal and Baez capitalized on that. He will never care that he left KC in his wake, because he is just as good at changing reality as she is. He says he is fighting for her "rights"...how noble, but hasn't he noticed that he has done nothing to help assuage what it is that he was complaining about. (ie: too much coverage, okay, so why didn't he accept the gag order?)

Well now, KC to date has paid for lots of suits, computers, iphones and maybe even a car or two...while she herself was never able to rub two nickels of her own together. KC is everyone's cash cow..but she has no defense. I wonder if she will ever realize how much she has been used.

I agree with almost everything you said.

However, to be fair Casey paid for nothing.

Caylee first paid with her life regardless of how she died.

After which her mother sold pictures of Caylee to pay for her own defense.

Result: Caylee paid for lots of suits, computers, iphones and maybe even a car or two.

Just to be clear on that one. :twocents:

Thanks for the great link.

I realize that any lawyer advocating for "the most hated person" in the world would be hated by "association", but in the beginning I wanted to give Baez the benefit of the doubt...only because I know that it is/was illogical to hate him and I have some inexplicable tendency to pull for the underdog. After watching the trial, however, it has become so clear that Baez' concern is only him, certainly not KC. (Dr. Glass just did a recent article on how KC is still flirty like 3 years ago, while in contrast Baez is now barely acknowledging her and ignoring her).

It's stunning to me that Baez has been able to do what he has done. He made sure that he kept his client's family away from her, according to him, because of the "media", but there was a far more sinister reason..he wanted to make sure this trial went all the way to trial so that he would get to become rich and famous. If KC had access to her family over the years, it is likely she might have been reached by them. Certainly all the A's were desperate to help HER as much as find Caylee. Baez made his team her "new family"..in a form of brainwashing. (I think KC was of course happy to be manipulated like this, because she obviously liked the dream team better than her "screwball" family who just kept yammering on about Cayyllleee). Still, it made no real sense to demand that the family stay away. Everyone wondered why on earth the family couldn't have visited to say things like "happy birthday!", or a simple "I love you..how's the cole slaw today?"

Even though people say KC is not "insane", she is clearly not normal and Baez capitalized on that. He will never care that he left KC in his wake, because he is just as good at changing reality as she is. He says he is fighting for her "rights"...how noble, but hasn't he noticed that he has done nothing to help assuage what it is that he was complaining about. (ie: too much coverage, okay, so why didn't he accept the gag order?)

Well now, KC to date has paid for lots of suits, computers, iphones and maybe even a car or two...while she herself was never able to rub two nickels of her own together. KC is everyone's cash cow..but she has no defense. I wonder if she will ever realize how much she has been used.

Note to self. Stay out of this thread! :floorlaugh:

Snakes eat bugs right? That's where his savy on the subject comes from IMO. :)

See sometimes I think that's why... other times I think it's the pest thing.

It depends on if he is going after a grieving family member (snake) or just pestering a forensic witness about bananas (pest).

See, it could really go either way. :innocent:

IMO Baez is not the only bad defense attorney on the team. CM mumbles and cannot be understood and Sims seems like a lightweight who is only good for a cuddle with KC. I am far from impressed with any of them.

I agree completely.

The difference is that when Mason gets up there he is just doing his best to be rude, in my opinion.

At least we get some amount of comic relief from Baez.

That Cindy Anthony replacement chick... I don't have a clue about her. :waitasec:

In May of 2009 the Orlando Sentinel did a scathing 2 part expose' on Baez which is no longer in their archives. Baez had a fit and claimed they were prejudiced against Hispanic Lawyers!
There is still a good portion of the article here and has some added info:
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2009/may/03/casey-anthonys-lawyer-jose-baez-rejected-florida-b/

Baez is Hispanic??? :waitasec:

I have a documented history of being oblivious and not noticing these things in real life. :innocent:

I don't think the race card is a fair argument in this case. <modsnip>

(Yes, I recognized the last name, but that doesn't have to mean HE is Hispanic.
Adoption, stepfather, single mother adopted or had a stepfather...)

Jose is not DP qualified at this time, but by taking on this death penalty case, **and I am not sure if he has to win or not (I guess another question for verified lawyer thread), he will then become a DP qualified atty. I know several of the other attys on the case are DP qualified, and that is all he needs. Ann Finnell is certainly one of them. I imagine we will only see Ann if ICA is found guilty of 1st degree murder.

IIRC he has to sit on several DP cases under the tutiledge (sp, i know) of a qualified DP atty (such as Mason) before he can become a DP atty. If there is a God, this will never happen. He could be responsible for sending ppl to the death chamber simply by his bad lawyering!! Can you imagine??

Snakes eat bugs right? That's where his savy on the subject comes from IMO. :)

No, snakes eat warm blooded things like mice rats cats dogs frogs and sometimes the occasional child if it's an ANACONDA, "a high profile snake" LOL.

jmo

As ICA fades into the background of the media, sitting in prison, so will JB fade into the background. The man is in foreclosure; both financially and morally. Only his kind of people without ethics will seek him out in the future. He will be reduced to being GR's puppet sidekick until GR also fades away.

Maybe JB should take down his high tech website, and just prop a big pad of paper in front of his office. Seems that would be more his speed.

As ICA fades into the background of the media, sitting in prison, so will JB fade into the background. The man is in foreclosure; both financially and morally. Only his kind of people without ethics will seek him out in the future. He will be reduced to being GR's puppet sidekick until GR also fades away.

If only...

I am afraid he is going to become a celebrity a la Eliot Spitzer. I have a feeling he will be a frequent commentator on whatever next trial captures the public's attention.

What a pair they make.. The Mother of the Year and The Lawyer of the Day... :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I can just picture Baez reading all of this ridicule about him and he's probably thinking, "Just wait, they will all be laughing out of the other side of their mouths when I'm a world famous lawyer. I will forever be known as the one who got tot mom off. I will be called upon for the highest profile cases, blah blah blah".
Yea, just like Casey had a nanny, great job, college fun and was buying a house! They are both suffering from visions of grandeur, that's why they seem to mesh so perfectly.......when they're not having those little spats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean