Lawyer Of The Day: Mr. Baez

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the commenters put a link to him asking YM if he asked her if she ever committed suicide. :lol:

It was JB's duty if he felt the deck was so stacked against his client and the evidence showed without any reasonable doubt she is guilty to convince his client to accept a plea deal. Yes the client can decline but more than not a good attorney can convince his client when he shows the client exactly the evidence.

It is clear that JB never even looked at most of the States disclosure of evidence. If they had they would have tried to get the animation out during a pre-trial hearing. They also would have argued the jailhouse video's much earlier.

With JB character in full display my common sense tells me that he probably told his client something like this "The evidence is strong but I can argue them all way" Client: Do you think I should take the plea" JB: Well it is up to you but I am confident in that I can be effective at trial".

I recall during ICA fit in court I saw her mouth something like "you told me blah blah blah" JB's ego and concerns about himself ie. asking potential jurors a question of "how am I doing" Freudian slip if you ask me all and more then typed here are my evidence of my common sense on this matter.

MOO

Lera

After this trial is over I believe that we will find out exactly just what Baez has been telling her all these years. Baez in his attempt to gain fame and fortune threw what ever common sense he had to begin with out the window.

He has seen KC first hand, he knows how vindictive, manipulative and cruel she can be yet he thinks that when she is led away to prison for the rest of her natural life she won't be serving him up for public slaughter, he is very much mistaken. She will crucify him (quite possibly deserving) and she will no doubt have plenty of help, not just from her family but I suspect a few notable attorney's might step in to offer a helping hand about Baez's unethical behavior.

That was a very funny article. Some of the comments are just as funny. The two comments that come to mind are, the response to someone else's comment that JB was going to get a job on Telemundo and the comment about the shoe lifts. I'll get banned if I repost them. Loved all of it lol!

OTOH, look what I got when trying to access one of his links: :eek:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

I got the same thing,on the "Attorney Zone" link.

5826365462_9f9c91ab49_b.jpg

Whoops, of course that should be The iorny is rich." Sorry.:floorlaugh:

Jose is not DP qualified at this time, but by taking on this death penalty case, **and I am not sure if he has to win or not (I guess another question for verified lawyer thread), he will then become a DP qualified atty. I know several of the other attys on the case are DP qualified, and that is all he needs. Ann Finnell is certainly one of them. I imagine we will only see Ann if ICA is found guilty of 1st degree murder.

AZLawyer was kind enough to elaborate on DP qualifications on the Legal Questions thread pg. 41 post 1001.

The person who did the website was hired by JB, the web designer will usually ask for partial payment up front. This initial page will have most of what the client wants except links will not function and so forth. My educated guess is that JB did not pay any more to the website designer. The payment JB gave up to date was what he has on his page now. MOO

Makes sense since he hasn't paid Dr. Neal Haskell, the Forensic entomologist who testified this week, for his work done on the trial that JB ordered.

I realize ICA paid JB in the beginning with the money from pictures of Caylee. Then ICA was declared indigent thus she qualified for a court appointed attorney. So now JB is her court appointed attorney and paid by Orange County? Does anyone know how much a court appointed attorney is paid by Orange County? Cheney Mason is working pro bono according to Jean Kasaras.

The article posted and the ABC article certainly sized up JB real good. He confuses me. :maddening:

I'm trying to remember how much the county had to pay San Mateo for the SP case. I think he was from Stanislaus Cty. Have to check. It was enormous. Geragos got paid well.

ETA: I was told by one of the female THs that Geragos got 1M upfront. I think the Peterson's mortgaged their San Diego home. The trial costs were 2.1 Million. Stanislaus had to pay San Mateo an additional $700.000 for the use of their courts and staff.

Later, SP had to declare himself indigent (after the $1M was used)which forced the court to then start paying Geragos a salary and a HUGE expense cost. Attorney can fluff up quite a bunch on expenses....that will end up being way more than their salaries.

I realize ICA paid JB in the beginning with the money from pictures of Caylee. Then ICA was declared indigent thus she qualified for a court appointed attorney. So now JB is her court appointed attorney and paid by Orange County? Does anyone know how much a court appointed attorney is paid by Orange County? Cheney Mason is working pro bono according to Jean Kasaras.

The article posted and the ABC article certainly sized up JB real good. He confuses me. :maddening:

If I am correct; Orange County Florida public defenders are not paid very well $35,000-$45,000 per year and the State Attorneys are paid in the range of $45,000-$55,000 per year. However HHJP is paid very well.. $145,000 per year. These salaries can all be verified on myflorida.com

When I was taking a Hospitality Law class here in Orlando, I had questioned my professor who was an Orange County attorney about the steps to becoming an attorney, she stated that it would be more beneficial for me to look into becoming a Paralegal as they make just as much if not more than a State Attorney/Public Defender.

I was shocked! My question was: Than why would anyone want to become a Public Defender if the pay is so low? Her response "To gain experience".

:floorlaugh: Thanks for posting this gem, I knew that JB was a novice attorney but seriously this is just :crazy:

That article was great! It showed just how awesome and effective JB is as a lawyer! (NOT)

I made me literally LOL!

THESE GUYS ARE GENIUS AT Above The Law! ROFL Read all the way down the article in the link!

http://abovethelaw.com/2011/06/fear-and-loathing-on-headline-news/

11:44 I head on over to Nancy Grace’s official Facebook page. It’s a place where people can discuss the case. But more importantly, it’s a place where people don’t have to feel so alone. All Nancy needs to do is post a picture of Casey and the commenters take off. Most comments are as sober as this: “Wish I could reach threw the tv and slap that look right off her face.”

But it’s not all venom. Quite a few of the comments have nothing to do with the trial and everything to do with community. People log on to talk to others.

“@ April, you have been here all morning, no work today hon??”

People try to be as nice as possible to each other, even when they don’t agree on a particular legal theory. And there are semi-constant reminders that a certain kind of decorum should rule the day.

A woman writes, “My sister uses capz b cuz she cant see good,,,jus sayin…. Letz keep the peace n remember y we r here….♥”

This is a lengthy article from the Christian Post about Jose Baez. The part of the article that spoke to me the most was this quote: “He is the luckiest man in America,’’ Robert Jarvis, a lawyer and law professor at Nova Southeastern University in Davie, said in an interview."

I don't agree. I wouldn't want this kind of fame. I'm much happier in my little cottage here in Oregon, thankyouverymuch.

Here's the article: http://www.christianpost.com/news/c...e-baez-and-the-man-behind-the-acquittal-51985

JB is what happens when EVERY child gets a trophy.

I'm glad this was bumped so I could read this again.

I think the article that Kimster posted was interesting. It advances a theory that Jose's bumbling is an act. I wonder if he ever will set foot in a court room again and let us test that.

I read several post here and decided that I would write my thoughts about Baez. They will not be popular however they will be from my POV.

I realize that many of you have not spent extended time in a courthouse or around a courthouse. Yes most D lawyers are hated, called snakes and many other names. When I was young and first out of college I was involved in a case and I hated, hated the D lawyer. I hated him so much that I thought many awful thoughts..yes even wishing harm to him....Peter Odom (yes he is on NG now) was the Assistant County Attorney at the time. The way Peter talked acted towards him in Court I thought he hated him too. Once during the trial I had to take something to Peter's office and there sat the D lawyer. They were laughing and talking about the ski trip they were taking that weekend together. I thought Wow how can this be. I was disappointed to say the least. They were great friends and it was explained to me that this was their "job" and they had to do/would do anything in the courtroom to win a case. It was a big lesson to me at the time.

A couple years later the County Attorney left his position to become a D lawyer in a local firm. This County Attorney set records in our State and nationwide on how many sex offenders he put in jail. He hated them! He would do anything to win a case and get those monsters off the streets. Guess what his first case was? Yup a local LE who was accused of molesting young boys through the Big Brother organization. I almost threw up! That was the day that I lost all respect for ANY lawyer. For most it's a "job" to them. A game to some. I have seen lawyers bet each as to who will win the case. Sick.

I have many more stories and it makes me sick. Yes our system needs to be changed so something like this doesn't happen again. LE does plant evidence, lie on the stand and many other things that would blow you away. I have seen it, heard it and tried to fight it.

I know that Baez grates on many people however I don't think he is bad person. He just works in a bad profession that needs to be changed. Some things being said about him is downright wrong. I just wish people would take a step back and think about things before they type.

In closing I also want to say that I have the highest respect for JA. This man spent 30 years in putting the "bad" people behind bars. Not many do that. It's the most underpaid position in the world and for him to stay there for that many years tells me a lot about his integrity and I would really like to thank him for that.

(BBM)
I read several post here and decided that I would write my thoughts about Baez. They will not be popular however they will be from my POV.

I realize that many of you have not spent extended time in a courthouse or around a courthouse. Yes most D lawyers are hated, called snakes and many other names. When I was young and first out of college I was involved in a case and I hated, hated the D lawyer. I hated him so much that I thought many awful thoughts..yes even wishing harm to him....Peter Odom (yes he is on NG now) was the Assistant County Attorney at the time. The way Peter talked acted towards him in Court I thought he hated him too. Once during the trial I had to take something to Peter's office and there sat the D lawyer. They were laughing and talking about the ski trip they were taking that weekend together. I thought Wow how can this be. I was disappointed to say the least. They were great friends and it was explained to me that this was their "job" and they had to do/would do anything in the courtroom to win a case. It was a big lesson to me at the time.

A couple years later the County Attorney left his position to become a D lawyer in a local firm. This County Attorney set records in our State and nationwide on how many sex offenders he put in jail. He hated them! He would do anything to win a case and get those monsters off the streets. Guess what his first case was? Yup a local LE who was accused of molesting young boys through the Big Brother organization. I almost threw up! That was the day that I lost all respect for ANY lawyer. For most it's a "job" to them. A game to some. I have seen lawyers bet each as to who will win the case. Sick.

I have many more stories and it makes me sick. Yes our system needs to be changed so something like this doesn't happen again. LE does plant evidence, lie on the stand and many other things that would blow you away. I have seen it, heard it and tried to fight it.

I know that Baez grates on many people however I don't think he is bad person. He just works in a bad profession that needs to be changed. Some things being said about him is downright wrong. I just wish people would take a step back and think about things before they type.

In closing I also want to say that I have the highest respect for JA. This man spent 30 years in putting the "bad" people behind bars. Not many do that. It's the most underpaid position in the world and for him to stay there for that many years tells me a lot about his integrity and I would really like to thank him for that.

Great post but I respectfully disagree with the part I bolded above, matter of fact, I think it's just the opposite. I have no issue with the "profession" as I believe that everyone should be presumed innocent in a court of law and given the best defense possible. However, I do think that JB is a "less than moral" attorney and that is what he, and sadly other DA's, bring to the profession. JMO~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24