LDS Theories -- Relations to LeBarons/Chenoweths

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And to take it a little further... Maybe I'm just seeing things I want to see, as I really would love to know who the heck she is. If she is related to this family, my heart breaks for her. What a burden to carry inside, :(.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 113
Ok I think I was able to upload it from my cell and not my computer. I'm slightly computer challenged. This should be the pic stitch of the two. Am I crazy? But to me they look so much alike!

No your not crazy!
I see the resemblance big time. The shape of the face, eye brows, lips...! The top of the nose area! Wow.

Thank you very much! So, are we saying sisters from another mother? Or mug shot - FLEK?

And to take it a little further... Maybe I'm just seeing things I want to see, as I really would love to know who the heck she is. If she is related to this family, my heart breaks for her. What a burden to carry inside, :(.

I always felt deep down they were related. Very similar 'look' about the two.
Both have beautiful eyes, dark hair... I read on the link that the Actress was one of I think two children born into the LeBaron family born with dark skin.

No your not crazy!
I see the resemblance big time. The shape of the face, eye brows, lips...! The top of the nose area! Wow.

Thank you very much! So, are we saying sisters from another mother? Or mug shot - FLEK?

My opinion is not that the mugshot is FLEK. I think Jacqueline looks like herself young, and I think FLEK's young pics look like her young. I don't think I subscribe to any theories about anyone switching places in younger pics for ID or anything, but they look alike to me in that family resemblance way.

I'd guess they are half-sisters. Cousins? Nah I don't know, but half-sisters seems likely enough with the way everything went. Seems to be a lot of Lebaron progeny floating around.

I have some questions, though. The hands thing, and general resemblences. Maybe I missed something, but is there anything comprehensive that shows who is related to whom, and how?

What I mean is, both Rena and Jacqueline Tarsa Lebaron have a resemblence to FLEK, and the hands and height, but they are not sisters. Who do these features come from? I thought both Rena's mouth AND Estephania's resembled FLEK's. This is confusing, because Rena isn't descended or related to Ervil, right?

But I read something somewhere earlier in the thread or something that talks about how a lot of people in the area were related or something.

I guess, I am confused about how these women, Rena and Jacqueline share those really notable physical traits. Rena is not Jacqueline's mother, it doesn't seem? There is another Chynoweth in this mess, but I can't find pictures of her. Lorna Chynoweth http://www.nndb.com/people/727/000140307/

Also, Estephania DOES NOT have the large hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZcpBQ6aMDE

Unless we are just imagining this, I don't really understand how Rena and Estephania can share mouth features with FLEK. I'm confused.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qcVMTajK7Y

Oh, at 2:05 you can see the upper lip when Ervil sort of smirks. Also starting at 3:16 there is a few moments with Estephania walking and sort of smiling, and the FLEK resemblance is pretty clear.

I'm pretty confused by Rena's resemblance to these other women in some ways. I feel like some of it has to be up to the imagination. Editted: Oh, I read through the thread again. Everyone intermarried and ..whatever. Okay. It's not that strange that she has a resemblance.

It drives me crazy thinking of all the possibilities of how they could all be related. Theres so many of them, many of them in hiding and unaccounted for. I was thinking Jaqueline and FLEK may be half sisters? Cousins? I would love to see some sort of family tree. Although it seems so intermingled I'm not even sure how they would keep track. OR if it wouldn't make my brain explode looking at it. Thanks for confirming what I think I saw. And Ervil's lip IS quite thin. I noticed it in that video. Nice find Telicity. :)

Somewhere in one of the threads, someone did a side by side of Jacqueline and FLEK's very first picture, the resemblance there is even more uncanny.

I have been googling Lebarons trying to find other potential links and while some look similar and some do not, there are a few in particular - female, brunette, somewhat tall with the arachnodactyly (long fingers) that is always striking... including one in Seattle area.

There has been, historically, a fair amount of interbreeding within the FLDS communities in Utah that have resulted in some recessive genetic diseases becoming prominent (fumarase deficiency being one of them). A recent study looking at inferring surnames from whole genome sequence data did particular well, but interestingly, was focused on people in Utah which likely "stacked the deck" for the authors because of the reduced diversity there. I would be willing to wager if Velling submitted any of FLEKs DNA to 23andme or another service for a high resolution genotyping, he would come back with matches to Lebarons / Chenowyths and the like.

At this point though, I think that's what it is going to take to advance this any further - high resolution genotyping and submission to Family Tree DNA or something similar. That or location the right person to show LEK's pictures to and ask if they remember any cousins that might have resembled her and disappeared around 1988... wonder if anyone has asked Estephania?

docbh

wonder if anyone has asked Estephania?

I considered contacting her, but I have no idea how inappropriate that would be, or bothersome or what, and so I haven't. I've been waffling on the idea since yesterday. She is a pretty easy person to get in contact with, and she has put herself out there talking about the whole thing, but is it okay to just send her a facebook message and mention this? I just don't know, and I'm not good with this sort of thing at the best of times.

I was hoping someone tactful and eloquent was going to just step in and go "I'M GOING TO CONTACT ESTEPHANIA!"

Ok I think I was able to upload it from my cell and not my computer. I'm slightly computer challenged. This should be the pic stitch of the two. Am I crazy? But to me they look so much alike!

I agree that she looks a LOT like Jacqueline Lebaron. Enough to be sisters for sure. I think she looks more like Jacqueline Tarsa Lebaron than any of the other "missing persons" that people say she looked like.

Pretty much all of the last 10 posts have already been covered int the thread. I contacted one of the Lebarons and she is circulating FLEKs pic. It is unlikely they will give info because they don't trust law enforcement or outsiders in general. ( I was told by her)
If you want more info read Rena's book it has elaborate details and family trees/ photos. I am nearly 80% thinking FLEK is somehow related directly to this family. You have to I back and read all the posts but this is all pretty much a re-hash. The video has been posted by 3 people as a "first time" but it's just same old same old.

And I posted that side by side 2 myths ago. That is what convinced me.

Just a quick heads up, my tv guide tells me tonight Dateline NBC is doing an interview with a woman who was born into the LDS and her escape!

I can only hope she talks about her search for her long lost sister or cousin...

I personally know Estephania and she is the daughter of Ervil. She is a wonderful woman that has overcome enormous odds and is successful and sweet. She has given multiple interviews and is open about her experiences. I know many of the surviving children and grandchildren of this cult and all of the ones that I know are amazing people. Just thought I would share.

I personally know Estephania and she is the daughter of Ervil. She is a wonderful woman that has overcome enormous odds and is successful and sweet. She has given multiple interviews and is open about her experiences. I know many of the surviving children and grandchildren of this cult and all of the ones that I know are amazing people. Just thought I would share.

Welcome anon123! :thewave:

So....could you tell us if you think that FLEK looks familiar to you or any of Ervil's surviving family members?

PLEASE EXPLAIN who the heck FLEK is and why people keep talking about that person? Where is this "FLEK" person's picture? I will be happy to look if you can direct me and clue me in.

PLEASE EXPLAIN who the heck FLEK is and why people keep talking about that person? Where is this "FLEK" person's picture? I will be happy to look if you can direct me and clue me in.

Hi anon123!
Welcome to WS :)

If you go back to the beginning of the forum for Mysterious Woman From Longview Texas at the top you will see photos. There are quite a few there, let me know if you have not found them.

Best,
SK

Welcome aboard anon 123.
The woman who took her own life in Longview was known in life as Lori Erica Kennedy. Since we thought that she had stolen the identity of a real person of that name, for privacy the initials LEK were used. To distinguish her from the real LEK, I proposed calling her FLEK, for Fake Lori Erica Kennedy. It turned out later that she had legally changed her name and had not stolen the identity of a Lori Erica Kennedy, but the name FLEK caught on and we still use it because it's a lot easier to type. It is an interesting case. We have probably unraveled what she did and how she did it but I don't think we will ever solve the riddle of her true identity until someone recognizes one of the earliest pix of her or until law enforcement uses familial DNA to find her blood relatives. For some reason in general they just don't like to do that. Perhaps her daughter will do it when she is grown.

I would say, make a good cup of coffee and start by reading the Seattle Times story. There are a number of pictures of FLEK on this site, from 1988 when she first appeared at age 20 something, up to the time of her death.

Once again, welcome.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back