LE making progress? What ever happened with..

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, this controversial statement made by a little boy, TP, has not been given the attention it deserves. I truly believe this is one area that LE should have addressed because it could affect the timeline significantly. And it also says something about little Kyron that contradicts the impression of him as shy and not willing to venture off on his own. It's important to know if he was prone to doing just that, ie, leave his group for a bathroom run or to get a drink. iirrc, there is a video made at the school by TH, where she is heard asking, "where's Kyron...he must have gone to the bathroom..". That, coupled with TP's remarks, and the teacher's lack of alarm, says to me that Kyron had done that in the past. A bathroom in a school is not all that unusual a place for a predator to find a victim.

I don't know about any video. I believe there was a photo TH posted somewhere with a caption/comment to the effect that it was typical of Ky to be missing, gone to the bathroom. And the parents were supposedly working with Ky on following instructions at school.

Yeah, bathrooms are a hazard.

IMO, this controversial statement made by a little boy, TP, has not been given the attention it deserves. I truly believe this is one area that LE should have addressed because it could affect the timeline significantly. And it also says something about little Kyron that contradicts the impression of him as shy and not willing to venture off on his own. It's important to know if he was prone to doing just that, ie, leave his group for a bathroom run or to get a drink. iirrc, there is a video made at the school by TH, where she is heard asking, "where's Kyron...he must have gone to the bathroom..". That, coupled with TP's remarks, and the teacher's lack of alarm, says to me that Kyron had done that in the past. A bathroom in a school is not all that unusual a place for a predator to find a victim.

Can you please provide a link for the bolded part? I don't recall ever hearing Terri's voice at all. Thanks.

I don't know how to find it...it is TH taping Kyron's class. There are 2 of them. One is his class singing...Ky is in the front row..the one I'm referencing is the other.

I don't think it was a video, I think it was a caption to a photo that Terri posted in her Facebook photos in about November 2009.

She had taken Baby K to the school on K's first birthday. Terri took photos of Baby K with Kyron's first grade class. Kyron was missing from the photo because he had gone to the bathroom without telling anyone.

OK the FB is now private. In that we cannot link we cannot further discuss what Terri said unless you can find it in previous threads here on WS. Thanks. :)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5613879"]POLL ADDED Connect The Dots-Working theories thread #2 - Page 34 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

link to mmmagique's post #847 (on 9-18-10, 6 am) quoting an original post by pufnstuf. I didn't go back to it.

bbm

I think you hit on something very important to keep in mind. What your childs personality is like or how they behave around home can be entirely different at school.

Your comment made me reflect (way back...) on Teacher comments about my children, that they were always very quiet & well mannered while at school. However, at home I could be the ring master of a bunch of wild & loud little monkey's! ;)

Whatever happened to Mike Shultz?

I look back now and am in awe of his somewhat bumbling persona--especially now that we can probably conclude that he was a plant to gather information.

bbm

I think you hit on something very important to keep in mind. What your childs personality is like or how they behave around home can be entirely different at school.

Your comment made me reflect (way back...) on Teacher comments about my children, that they were always very quiet & well mannered while at school. However, at home I could be the ring master of a bunch of wild & loud little monkey's! ;)

That's a very good point. I was very quiet at school but talkative at home. I can definitely see a child being shy at school (where there are a lot of kids who you don't know very well) and being loud at home since they would know everyone there. I would find it strange if a child was very shy at home around their parents and siblings. Shyness usually happens around people you're not comfortable, familiar with and don't know well which would not describe someone's family who they live with.

Terri was at Kyron's classroom for baby K's birthday & she took photos of all...Without Kyron. When asked by someone why wasn't Kyron in the photos with his class...Terri responded, "I guess he was in the bathroom or getting a drink of water." :waitasec:

That's a very good point. I was very quiet at school but talkative at home. I can definitely see a child being shy at school (where there are a lot of kids who you don't know very well) and being loud at home since they would know everyone there. I would find it strange if a child was very shy at home around their parents and siblings. Shyness usually happens around people you're not comfortable, familiar with and don't know well which would not describe someone's family who they live with.

But Desiree, I believe, also said Kyron is shy...

But Desiree, I believe, also said Kyron is shy...

Sadly, some of the things I've heard about Kyron's home life lead me to think that he might have been more shy at home than he was at school.

I grew up with doting parents, so I was not shy at home.

I was comfortable with the kids at school and can't remember anyone at school calling me shy. However, my perception was that there were a lot of mean people in my extended family, with whom I had to spend a lot of time. When I had to be with them, I retreated into myself, and--not wanting to catch the dickens every time I turned around--I minded what I did and said pretty carefully. Thus, a lot of my relations described me as quiet, shy, bookish, backwards, or "such an awkward girl."

I think these days, in some blended families, there may well be cases where a child is more comfortable and relaxed at school amid friends than at home with a cranky or unsupportive step-parent ... or amid older, more domineering kids. I also think that a child might seem shy to a non-custodial parent, for a lot of different reasons. Not wanting to be too enthusiastic about the step-parent, for instance--or reasoning that there's no point in complaining to Mom about the way I'm treated, because she can't do anything about it anyway ... so I'll just clam up."

I'm not saying this was the case with Kyron in the months leading up to his disappearance--but I think it's at least possible.

MOO.

Whatever happened to Mike Shultz?

I look back now and am in awe of his somewhat bumbling persona--especially now that we can probably conclude that he was a plant to gather information.

Are you saying that LE lied to the media and public about his real purpose for being with the Horman's?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
siblingminds
Back