LE Press Conferences

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems obvious that the sharp focus is still on Terri. I wish someone would ask him again about Skyline kids and kids in area schools not being at risk, that this was an isolated incident.

Over a million dollars spent so far ( just his department it seems) . Kyron there is no price to great don't worry buddy your gonna be found.

Yehp, I was afraid some of this was budget driven. You can't spend what you don't have.

I understand Sheriff Staton's frustration with what he calls "frivolous" leads. However, I feel that the anger/frustration he's exhibiting regarding these tips might discourage someone from reporting something that might turn out not to be frivolous. I hope this doesn't discourage anyone with information from coming forward.

I seem to recall someone travelling on Highway 84 reported seeing something - but that was a long time ago and I can't remember what! Maybe a truck turning in front of them - Salmonberry Road?? I could never find Salmonberry Road.

ETA: Highway 84 runs through Fairview and Troutdale.

That was on HWY 26, Salmonberry Rd does intersect w/Hwy 26 but no you cannot see it on the map but I have seen it in person.
That is in Washington County and Salmonberry Rd goes into Tillamook Co...
=)
FBI did contact the man who reported that tip, Mr. Vaughn

The more and more I listen to this the more and more I am sadden.. I am confused I'm not sure if they DO know more or they don't and are having to cut back because of money issues which is understandable . UGH I AM so frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was on HWY 26, Salmonberry Rd does intersect w/Hwy 26 but no you cannot see it on the map but I have seen it in person.
That is in Washington County and Salmonberry Rd goes into Tillamook Co...
=)
FBI did contact the man who reported that tip, Mr. Vaughn

Okay, so my memory sucks. Thanks for the correction. :)

I seem to recall someone travelling on Highway 84 reported seeing something - but that was a long time ago and I can't remember what! Maybe a truck turning in front of them - Salmonberry Road?? I could never find Salmonberry Road.

ETA: Highway 84 runs through Fairview and Troutdale.

I believe that is west of the Skyline area, and that happened on Saturday afternoon, not Friday when he disappeared without a trace.

He looked pretty upset when he talked about criticism in the light of how his team has invested so much in this investigation and how much they have given up in respect to their own families to work on this investigation.

:(

Where is Troutdale? Are there any players associated with that particular area?

East of PDX, has a fairly large private airport. Did I also hear Staton say Port of Portland Police are/will continue to be involved?

Telling them to call in WHEN you think you see him not a day later. I understand that also if someone says I think I sall Kyron yesterday on the high way in XYZ car. well how are they supossed to find him then? Call when you think you see him and call then don't wait.

oops...sorry...(my laptop not KATU)!
Nope did it for me too. :(

Yehp, I was afraid some of this was budget driven. You can't spend what you don't have.

He's saying, several different ways, that the task force model is essential to keeping the investigation going without gutting the rest of MSCO's mission and taking tax payer money.

This investigation is going to be passed on to the DA's office eventually. (to prosecute)

I wonder if they think Terri had an accomplice who lives in the Fairview/Troutdale area.

He looked pretty upset when he talked about criticism in the light of how his team has invested so much in this investigation and how much they have given up in respect to their own families to work on this investigation.

I would imagine he is. I don't think the General public understand what Officers go threw and how it effects them not only at work but their daily lives to work a case like this. It is frustating knowing your about to be judged for pulling back some and knowing what your officers HAVE done.

Sounds like they are using other agencies to help with budgetary concerns. Makes sense.

At some point a finished product of the investigation will be turned over to the DA's office for prosecution.

With a big affirmative head nod from Captain Gates in the background! Loved that part!

Rightfully so, IMO, Kimster. Just as he said, it's a child and they are taking it very personally. I like him very much and I truly believe all of them have invested their entire hearts and souls into finding Kyron and I believe that once this investigation is over and ready to be turned over to the DA it will be a slam dunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MairinAmaliah