LE serves search warrant on family home #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T

I dunno...that's what I heard just now on NPR. Guy kept them, decided to commit suicide and let all these wild animals loose first.

You can't make this stuff up, folks. :crazy:

Well too bad CFCMA's no longer walking around Ohio. :floorlaugh:

carry on --

Off topic...but official word is now that all those animals are accounted for except for one monkey and one wolf.....48 killed and 6 others taken to local zoo or shelter facilities.

Sometimes when I look at the things human beings do, it makes me wish I was that kid in the twilight zone episode and I could just wish them away to "the bad place". :furious:

Love the theory. I question whether this could be prevented from leaking. I would hope yes, but the cynic in me.....

Has that type of thing been pulled off before (LE holding back that body has been found)?

If they could pull that off I'd be amazed........... But why hide it if they found the body, I've never heard of LE doing that before, why do that?:waitasec:

*passes around bottle of advil*

Thank you, MK. I'm all out.

I had to have my mom take me to get blood tests done. Not only did I have to spend 3 hours with my mother, get stabbed and have 6 vials of blood drawn by a tech in training (ooww)
but I get home to find I'm a whole thread and a half behind here.
I'll never catch up.

:eek:hwow::dunno::panic:

Well - it's interesting that I just saw this in the headlines today (doesn't seem to be available yet but it certainly caught my eye b/c of those black panels we've been seeing).

Radar that can 'see' through solid walls

Radar technology that can detect moving objects behind solid walls has been developed by MIT researchers.

The radar uses short radio waves and amplifiers, and once the signals are received, they get digitised into real-time video.

The scientists said it was possible to detect people, even those trying to keep still, behind a concrete wall from as far as 60 feet (18 metres)away.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-15376184

Search warrants do have time periods, not indefinite. Depends on the type of case, type of warrant. If they didn't have time frames nothing would get done, and all these people would be in and out of your stuff anytime they wanted.

Thank you. I was sure they had time limits but I wondered how long a period of time they might have. For example, would they have time to get results back from testing so they could continue to search or would they have to get a new warrant?

I realize there are all different types of evidence testing which may take varying amounts of time to process so I guess my question can't be answered exactly.

Can't rush a warrant without a reason for a judge to sign off on the warrant.

I don't think it was an LE ploy; I think it was bureaucracy.

IMO

A 10 month old baby missing from it's crib in the middle of the night isn't a good enough reason for a warrant:waitasec:

JMO, don't know the laws but that house should have been a crime scene from day one and the parents should have never been able to go back in like they did.:twocents:

You guys wanted to know what it was like int the hood with the media. Nurse helped me get a couple of images uploaded.

{Edited pics out to save space... }

Clusterf__k much? Can you imagine driving the school bus and making the corner?
Oh, yeah, this corner is also a school bus stop.

I would not like it if it were my neighborhood.

Tech just walked back out with black " thingie "

:seeya:

Wine time for me. I found chocolate wine at Costco. Two of my favorite things combined. Would you like a glass?

I bought some a few days ago, too. Haven't tried it yet......

Love the theory. I question whether this could be prevented from leaking. I would hope yes, but the cynic in me.....

Has that type of thing been pulled off before (LE holding back that body has been found)?

It doesn't happen often, But yes I think it has happened before. Bobby Cutter comes to mind. They concealed finding her body until the next day IIRC.

I do think they could have pulled it off here. The search area was out of sight of the media, and they instituted a no fly zone so helicopters wouldn't be able to film there. The only thing they would have had to really work on would be getting the coroner in there without drawing media attention.

Thank you. I was sure they had time limits but I wondered how long a period of time they might have. For example, would they have time to get results back from testing so they could continue to search or would they have to get a new warrant?

I realize there are all different types of evidence testing which may take varying amounts of time to process so I guess my question can't be answered exactly.

BBM

Nope, results can take weeks to months. Just get a new one at that point. Time frame is dependent on what Judge deems appropriate for the matter at hand.

Great question Boodles! Do we have any experts that know the answer.

From a moral/ethical standpoint, I believe that they would have to let the family know right away. But, I don't think there is any law that says it needs to be public knowledge.

I'm smacking the next person who gives us a "black thingy" update! :crazy:

PASS THE ADVIL!!

thanks for those images InDaMiddle.
It must be very difficult dealing with the large media presence and yet I'm sure you want baby Lisa's case covered. Probably hard for media to strike a balance..so often they just want the story. Like you were saying about leaving cigarette butts...which is disrespectful. hang in there! *hugs*

Tech just walked back out with black " thingie "

:seeya:

Ok, My count of "black thingie" Trips is now up to 46,

Now I know that house is big but if it was finger print and shoe print film that sure is a lot....

But then again that would also be a lot of X-Ray film also...

A 10 month old baby missing from it's crib in the middle of the night isn't a good enough reason for a warrant:waitasec:

JMO, don't know the laws but that house should have been a crime scene from day one and the parents should have never been able to go back in like they did.:twocents:
A warrant for what though?

I'm sure you see the problem.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics