LE Serves Warrant on Family Home #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm pretty sure that the FBI dogs would come across more believable than LI's parents in a court of law.

---------------------------Is this a PLYWOOD FLOOR? If so, is that of evidentiary significance? ----------------------

from post by Mountain_Kat;7272188]
Yep, no door frame. And also no tack strip along the carpet edge to hold it down. Notice she's lifting it up and her hand is underneath the carpeting.
Zjyrz.jpg

=====================================================

Did I miss discussn re PLYWOOD floor, or am I misinterp'ing photo?
If rm in pix w. carpet is parents' bedroom, then is person standing in hall?

Appears to me, in photo, floor where person is standing is PLYWOOD,
an underlayment, not a "finish flooring" like hardwood, or vinyl flooring w. woodgrain look, or other Pergo like flooring.

MOO, looks as if carpet was removed---
---by LE, tho it was said carpet was not listed in return of S/Wrrnt?
---or by JI, as remodel project before Baby Lisa disappeared? Or after?

Maybe someone else has better resolution of pix.

I'll agree with you. That does look like plywood. It looks like they took off everything down to the subfloor. At first I thought it was just a hardwood floor, but it doesn't appear to have planks. It looks more like plywood.

There has been talk about them remodeling the house, but I don't know if that is documented or just speculation here. :waitasec:

i understand where it comes from, but just don't agree that the presence or lack of art/photos/decorative stuff on the walls or around a house says much about the people in it anymore. maybe in times past, but no more. we are a different kind of society.

these days, pictures are often on a memory stick and never printed at all. this is a matter of economics for some. who is to say those people don't often view those photos?

in my own home, i had some work done at one point and i kept meaning to rehang pics and the like, but before i knew it a year and a half had gone flying by and i had simply spent too much time actually raising my kids to worry about making sure i had an acceptable number of decorations hanging in their room.

we judge the wrong things in this country, far too often, seems to me. jmo...

My comment is getting out of hand. I asked if they were remodeling because of the condition, and lack of decorating. I do feel it is strange to have 6 & 8 year olds and a toddler and be THAT neat. Especially, in a "caught off guard" state. It's pretty common knowledge in Social Services field (CPS) that household conditions - good and bad reflect quite a bit on conditions in the home -- conditions that at glance you may not see. It is included in training in spotting abnormalities. I wanted to pull some case studies/papers for you - it may be helpful to know; however, the net seems to be flooded with junk (I miss the old days when it was easier to navigate!) Heck, I think even Dr. Phil, or Oprah or someone had a show on people and depression. Lack of decorating was a sign of depression or unhappiness (or even disappointment) in the area of your life. A very obvious example is hoarding, or even why some people can't seem to keep a clean house -- perfectionism and feeling failure. They believe that if it can't be perfect, why bother. Etc...This was years ago. If I find something I will post.

No if your house is clean, or not. Decorated or not -- is not necessarily the point. :)

I'll agree with you. That does look like plywood. It looks like they took off everything down to the subfloor. At first I thought it was just a hardwood floor, but it doesn't appear to have planks. It looks more like plywood.

There has been talk about them remodeling the house, but I don't know if that is documented or just speculation here. :waitasec:

It could also be low grade faux wood vinyl. We used it a few years ago in our apartment communities. Carpeting in a bathroom is pretty uncommon, no?

I thought it was established that the carpeting came from the storage shed/garage?

I agree. My first instinct if I were her attorney would be to hide that big box-o-wine inside the oven. Interesting that they chose to highlight it by keeping it right out in the center of the shot.
OTOH, leaving it there emphasizes the fact that LE did not feel it important enough to confiscate.

It could also be low grade faux wood vinyl. We used it a few years ago in our apartment communities. Carpeting in a bathroom is pretty uncommon, no?

I thought it was established that the carpeting came from the storage shed/garage?

Cynthia Short says the rolled-up carpet came from the shed. According to posters, the live cam during the big search showed CSI taking the carpet to the front of the house or the street, unrolling it, rolling it back up, and taking it back behind the house again.

My comment is getting out of hand. I asked if they were remodeling because of the condition, and lack of decorating. I do feel it is strange to have 6 & 8 year olds and a toddler and be THAT neat. Especially, in a "caught off guard" state. It's pretty common knowledge in Social Services field (CPS) that household conditions - good and bad reflect quite a bit on conditions in the home -- conditions that at glance you may not see. It is included in training in spotting abnormalities. I wanted to pull some case studies/papers for you - it may be helpful to know; however, the net seems to be flooded with junk (I miss the old days when it was easier to navigate!) Heck, I think even Dr. Phil, or Oprah or someone had a show on people and depression. Lack of decorating was a sign of depression or unhappiness (or even disappointment) in the area of your life. A very obvious example is hoarding, or even why some people can't seem to keep a clean house -- perfectionism and feeling failure. They believe that if it can't be perfect, why bother. Etc...This was years ago. If I find something I will post.

No if your house is clean, or not. Decorated or not -- is not necessarily the point. :)

This isn't directed at you- just in general... Am I the only one who doesn't think the house is THAT neat? It just seems regular every day level to me. And I'm far from being a neat freak. Just IMO when you have a lot of people in the house, esp kids, you gotta ask everyone to stay on top of their stuff or it too easily gets out of hand. I don't know, it just does not seem obsessively neat to me. You should all come to MIL's house for tea if you wanna see obsessive. :blushing:

Cynthia Short says the rolled-up carpet came from the shed. According to posters, the live cam during the big search showed CSI taking the carpet to the front of the house or the street, unrolling it, rolling it back up, and taking it back behind the house again.

I think i may have seen this posted, but not sure which thread (there are so many that relate to each other!) but the carpet that was in the shed, looks like a pretty big remnant....if it was a remnant. What if DB and/or JI removed the carpet at night. and put another in its place. The carpet in the shed could have been the carpet in the bedroom. It looks like a pretty small bedroom, not sure the square footage. The cutting of the carpet could have played into the "clicking sounds" that the boys heard. A utility knife, or scissors being used. I had thought a mopping noise could be the clicking sound, since that's the sound my mops make (speaking of clean houses...mine, not so much) but anyway. Could explain the lack of a door floor threshold. I know there is another name for that. Sounds like a very intricate covering up scheme, but an electrician is not an unintelligent individual. The fact that they said next to the bed makes it more plausible that it was something on the floor and probably carpet. Otherwise they would have reported that the dogs hit on an item in the house. Although i am not ruling that out.

I don't buy that LE was doing some sort of show and tell with the carpet being removed and brought back. They purposefully blocked media and planes overhead. I think these people were just doing their jobs.

MOO

Probably nothing, but while looking at the videos something that I found interesting were the pictures on the wall. In the living spaces I noticed "family" pictures and decoration (minimal), yet Lisa's room and the bedroom the walls are bare. I only caught one little angel in Lisa's room? Were they remodeling, or something more "psychological"?

Spotless houses + no real personalization = problems for me.
Spotless houses are always suspect of some disorder - IMVHO. (Silly as it may seem, it's never steered me wrong! )

I saw pictures of hand-prints and foot-prints in Lisa's room on one of the videos. Sorry don't have a link, but it was one that the media did after one of the initial searches. Some people don't have decorating sense and some simply can't afford to decorate extensivley. IMO

I see what you are saying, but I think sometimes there can be perfectly innocent reasons. I want to redecorate my son's room. There's not a ton of stuff up on the walls, just a mirror and a little canvas print that he adores, and his dressers are functional because they have to be and the room is small. I've wanted to take down the wallpaper/paint/redecorate since we moved in, but my husband is still in school and we just can't afford it. I mean, I guess we could if we did that instead of buying him books (he really enjoys books) or toys, or paying his preschool tuition, but we have to prioritize. It makes me sad to think that someone my judge my love for my little boy based on how I've decorated his room, because he is a very beloved child, though his walls may be sparse.

I don't doubt your love for your child. We were in similar situation when our son was born. Husband was in the Navy and we were stationed in San Diego (very expensive) and just didn't have alot of money for decorating. His room was always clean and he was always cared for very well. He had one picture in his room which was a puzzle I put together and hung up for him. I think that this is a common situation for young families. :innocent:

This isn't directed at you- just in general... Am I the only one who doesn't think the house is THAT neat? It just seems regular every day level to me. And I'm far from being a neat freak. Just IMO when you have a lot of people in the house, esp kids, you gotta ask everyone to stay on top of their stuff or it too easily gets out of hand. I don't know, it just does not seem obsessively neat to me. You should all come to MIL's house for tea if you wanna see obsessive. :blushing:

I agree with you Abby. It looks average to me and I am an admitted slob. I can't tell if it is dusty or spotless. It just looks tidy to me. My mom was very clean when I was growing up. Drank her beer out of her coffee cup while she cleaned. You could give her house the white glove treatment any time day or night and I am the oldest of five. I can't figure out how she did it. I gave up trying to keep my house clean long before I had all five kids but the wind blows here and I live in the country so you can't keep the dust out.

I think i may have seen this posted, but not sure which thread (there are so many that relate to each other!) but the carpet that was in the shed, looks like a pretty big remnant....if it was a remnant. What if DB and/or JI removed the carpet at night. and put another in its place. The carpet in the shed could have been the carpet in the bedroom. It looks like a pretty small bedroom, not sure the square footage. The cutting of the carpet could have played into the "clicking sounds" that the boys heard. A utility knife, or scissors being used. I had thought a mopping noise could be the clicking sound, since that's the sound my mops make (speaking of clean houses...mine, not so much) but anyway. Could explain the lack of a door floor threshold. I know there is another name for that. Sounds like a very intricate covering up scheme, but an electrician is not an unintelligent individual. The fact that they said next to the bed makes it more plausible that it was something on the floor and probably carpet. Otherwise they would have reported that the dogs hit on an item in the house. Although i am not ruling that out.

I don't buy that LE was doing some sort of show and tell with the carpet being removed and brought back. They purposefully blocked media and planes overhead. I think these people were just doing their jobs.

MOO

Great theory, but wouldn't it be listed in the SW?
Any legal eagles around? Is it at all possible that they managed to seal part of the warrant?

ETA: Could the FBI have a separate SW and inventory of their own that we don't know about?

Great theory, but wouldn't it be listed in the SW?
Any legal eagles around? Is it at all possible that they managed to seal part of the warrant?

I wish i knew the answer to that. I just saw posted on another thread(gosh there are so many for this one) that they may not have needed to take it. Now i have to find it, and i have to go to work but this poster was saying that in another prominent case where there was trace evidence, ( i apologize if this is incorrect terminology,) they didn't remove the carpet. So that led me to my theory, but that could be wrong information. Just odd, the unfinished carpet, the statement about the dog or dogs hitting on the area by the bed, and the moving of a very large piece of carpet on the search day.

MOO

Well, now I've heard it all. I guess it was the PI on camera. He said, "Human decomposition can be a toe nail." The dog could have smelled a toe nail.

Ok, people be sure to pick up your toe nails so if your spouse goes missing you don't go to jail because he flipped his toe nail on the floor.

:floorlaugh:

well heck, good thing I have leanred this about the toe nail, as I was in the down stairs bathroom, and noticed a toe nail clipping on the bath rug..I picked it up and put it in the trash,,ewwwwwwwwwwww...had to be my husband...no doubt about it..

eta, I just wanted to thank everyone for keeping me in the loop, I have been away for the weekend and just now catching up..

OTOH, leaving it there emphasizes the fact that LE did not feel it important enough to confiscate.

Not really sure why LE would feel the need to confiscate it. DB admits to being drunk. No need to have an empty box of wine to show jurors to back up the mother's claim that she was drunk. :waitasec:

That box-o-wine certainly appears staged, does it not?

But then, there are several other things in this case that also appear staged, IMO, not the least of which is the computer room window screen, the lights, the unlocked front door...

I agree. I think the Dad picking up a nightshift, the mom buying wine and 'drinking' enough to possibly 'blackout', the cell phones...hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if she got the neighbor drunk while she pretended to get drunk so when the neighbor went home she wouldn't hear anything! I wouldn't doubt it if someone helping her walked around the neighborhood with a naked baby doll to cast suspicion.

So, Jeremy left his bedroom and walked right past Lisa's open bedroom door (with light on, according to one People mag article) to check on the boys first?

Getting ready for work here, has the whole search warrant been released yet? What 6 pages maybe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back