LE Serves Warrant on Family Home #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It was a pink baby bathtub, IIRC. Sitting inside the crib, although LE may have put it there during the search. I have never seen a baby bath with a restraint strap, however, that doesn't mean they don't make them. I didn't look to see if the one in the pictures had a belt or not.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=lisa...tbnw=120&start=12&ndsp=14&ved=1t:429,r:6,s:12
Pic of bathtub in crib.

okay, I'm WAAAAY behind here - but if not asked yet... that mattress in this picture sure looks high - if Lisa could stand - it looks like her waist would be even with the crib's top rail, or even higher - thinking she could just flip over and land on the floor. Is that carpet in this room, or hardwood floor - can't tell from this picture!

For some reason - still... :fence:

This isn't directed at you- just in general... Am I the only one who doesn't think the house is THAT neat? It just seems regular every day level to me. And I'm far from being a neat freak. Just IMO when you have a lot of people in the house, esp kids, you gotta ask everyone to stay on top of their stuff or it too easily gets out of hand. I don't know, it just does not seem obsessively neat to me. You should all come to MIL's house for tea if you wanna see obsessive. :blushing:

I agree. I always kept up with my house when my children were small and making messes, leaving toys out, etc. After dinner dishes were done, after children went to bed toys picked up and put away etc. Of course I worked and kept a routine. However at one time I was criticized by a relative for my choice in decorating colors that were said to be depressing. Maroon and dark green. Doesn't mean much to me.

I think DB put her to 'bed' in her own bed. IMO

Jumping off your post... plus what Scandi (:seeya:) said about falling into bed drunk. I read an article that said DB "fell" into bed, in a drunken stupor. Just that word "fell" - got me to thinking she actually fell on Lisa and didn't notice - suffocating her. DB IS a 'big' lady - and maybe Lisa fell off the bed. And I don't believe we know the 'exact' spot in the bedroom by the bed the decomp scent was - do we?? TIA!

okay, I'm WAAAAY behind here - but if not asked yet... that mattress in this picture sure looks high - if Lisa could stand - it looks like her waist would be even with the crib's top rail, or even higher - thinking she could just flip over and land on the floor. Is that carpet in this room, or hardwood floor - can't tell from this picture!

For some reason - still... :fence:

The mattress looks like it's as far down as it will go to me. The bumper might make it appear to be higher.

Can I ask a stupid question: I know that DB has said she thinks she will be arrested for this crime, but has she been named a suspect or a POI?

okay - only 20 pages behind now... but got a Google alert -

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/2...by-parents-that-missouri-baby-lisa-irwin-was/

Surveillance footage from a gas station near the Kansas City home where baby Lisa Irwin disappeared shows a man exiting a wooded area shortly before the baby was reported missing.

The video, first reported by ABC News, shows a man dressed in white leaving the leafy area at 2:30 a.m. local time the night the baby was last seen.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/2...t-missouri-baby-lisa-irwin-was/#ixzz1bjh9YhGu

sorry if this has been posted already... :seeya:

My comment is getting out of hand. I asked if they were remodeling because of the condition, and lack of decorating. I do feel it is strange to have 6 & 8 year olds and a toddler and be THAT neat. Especially, in a "caught off guard" state. It's pretty common knowledge in Social Services field (CPS) that household conditions - good and bad reflect quite a bit on conditions in the home -- conditions that at glance you may not see. It is included in training in spotting abnormalities. I wanted to pull some case studies/papers for you - it may be helpful to know; however, the net seems to be flooded with junk (I miss the old days when it was easier to navigate!) Heck, I think even Dr. Phil, or Oprah or someone had a show on people and depression. Lack of decorating was a sign of depression or unhappiness (or even disappointment) in the area of your life. A very obvious example is hoarding, or even why some people can't seem to keep a clean house -- perfectionism and feeling failure. They believe that if it can't be perfect, why bother. Etc...This was years ago. If I find something I will post.

No if your house is clean, or not. Decorated or not -- is not necessarily the point. :)

i was not responding to a post by you so am not sure why my comments seemed to bother you. that said, i hold an msw and and am well familiar with the concepts you mentioned. the fact remains that results of those studies are not relevant or reliable if they are based on the norms practiced by a society 50 years ago.

in other words, when it comes to making judgment calls regarding the psychological state of the residents in any environment....the way said environment appears to another is about as unreliable a means as one can find. in fact, it can actually say more about the person doing the observing than the it does abot the person whose environment is being observed, if that makes sense. :-)

It could also be low grade faux wood vinyl. We used it a few years ago in our apartment communities. Carpeting in a bathroom is pretty uncommon, no?

I thought it was established that the carpeting came from the storage shed/garage?

The carpeting that the police looked at was from the garage. They looked at it, then put it back.

i was not responding to a post by you so am not sure why my comments seemed to bother you. that said, i hold an msw and and am well familiar with the concepts you mentioned. the fact remains that results of those studies are not relevant or reliable if they are based on the norms practiced by a society 50 years ago.

in other words, when it comes to making judgment calls regarding the psychological state of the residents in any environment....the way said environment appears to another is about as unreliable a means as one can find. in fact, it can actually say more about the person doing the observing than the it does abot the person whose environment is being observed, if that makes sense. :-)

No. You don't bother me! :)

Can I ask a stupid question: I know that DB has said she thinks she will be arrested for this crime, but has she been named a suspect or a POI?

Perhaps this should be posted in the Question/Answer thread?

Gooood question. Waiting to hear the answer as well. :)

No. No one has been named a suspect or a POI by LE.

i understand where it comes from, but just don't agree that the presence or lack of art/photos/decorative stuff on the walls or around a house says much about the people in it anymore. maybe in times past, but no more. we are a different kind of society.

these days, pictures are often on a memory stick and never printed at all. this is a matter of economics for some. who is to say those people don't often view those photos?

in my own home, i had some work done at one point and i kept meaning to rehang pics and the like, but before i knew it a year and a half had gone flying by and i had simply spent too much time actually raising my kids to worry about making sure i had an acceptable number of decorations hanging in their room.

we judge the wrong things in this country, far too often, seems to me. jmo...

IIRC Lisa's room is "paneled" . That stuff is the bane of decorators world-wide. EVERY nail hole is permanent, so most people don't hang much on paneled walls.

I live in an old house with plaster walls and much the same situation.

Less is better.

When I want art (and I have been a gallery director, so I have quite a collection) I just "lean" it against the walls.

IMHO most Americans "over decorate" anyhow. Sorry. :innocent:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/2...by-parents-that-missouri-baby-lisa-irwin-was/

Surveillance footage from a gas station near the Kansas City home where baby Lisa Irwin disappeared shows a man exiting a wooded area shortly before the baby was reported missing.

The video, first reported by ABC News, shows a man dressed in white leaving the leafy area at 2:30 a.m. local time the night the baby was last seen.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/2...t-missouri-baby-lisa-irwin-was/#ixzz1bjh9YhGu

Is it a "wooded area" or a "leafy area"? Some of the locals are saying this area is not a wooded area, it's more like a brushy lot.

I know that as an Orlando area resident, it was hard for some people to understand that the dense foliage where little Caylee was found is basically very common around here and is often just a few feet of palmetto and brush. It's not a huge forest area. :)

Is it a "wooded area" or a "leafy area"? Some of the locals are saying this area is not a wooded area, it's more like a brushy lot.

I know that as an Orlando area resident, it was hard for some people to understand that the dense foliage where little Caylee was found is basically very common around here and is often just a few feet of palmetto and brush. It's not a huge forest area. :)
Its an empty lot with trees growing on it. Not wooded. The real wooded areas here are very dense like the wooded areas they have searched. The lot is not that thick at all.

IIRC Lisa's room is "paneled" . That stuff is the bane of decorators world-wide. EVERY nail hole is permanent, so most people don't hang much on paneled walls.

I live in an old house with plaster walls and much the same situation.

Less is better.

When I want art (and I have been a gallery director, so I have quite a collection) I just "lean" it against the walls.

IMHO most Americans "over decorate" anyhow. Sorry. :innocent:

I don't remember Lisa's room being paneled, IIRC they look like standard drywall. In fact she has angel plaques hanging over her crib IIRC. I remember the computer room is paneled?

I don't remember Lisa's room being paneled, IIRC they look like standard drywall. In fact she has angel plaques hanging over her crib IIRC. I remember the computer room is paneled?

I actually caught better footage of the inside of the home and it is quite a bit more decorated and "lived in" than what I had seen before. I didn't see panels either, but still wondering why all the closet doors are missing, hallway carpet appears to be missing, and door frame/trim missing. I never did get an answer on if they were remodeling or these construction issues happened after the incident? :confused:

Not really sure why LE would feel the need to confiscate it. DB admits to being drunk. No need to have an empty box of wine to show jurors to back up the mother's claim that she was drunk. :waitasec:

How do we know it was empty? It might have been 3/4 full for all we know, and a prosecutor could use that information to counteract her claims of being drunk and "maybe" blacking out. I would think LE would want to have their hands on anything and everything that might someday be of any consequence in the prosecution of a case.

Since this is an ahem- cough -exclusive video by ABC, did they ABC alert LE ?Has a search by LE and the FBI been conducted on said wooded area yet?

imo

Perhaps this should be posted in the Question/Answer thread?

Gooood question. Waiting to hear the answer as well. :)

No POIs or Suspects have been announced by LE.

Jeremy's sister Ashley Irwin announced that Debbi was preparing to be arrested because, according to Ms. Irwin, LE tries to pin things on people when they don't have any leads (she later retracted her statement). Captain Steve Young responded to Ms. Irwin's statement saying it was a "stretch". And, IIRC, Debbi did say in one of her interviews that she was afraid of being arrested.

To date, no one in LE has said anything about arresting anyone in this case. LE has only said that the parents are "not fully cooperating" (this is after changes in the parents' stories, Debbi's announcement that she failed a poly, and the parents not consenting to further questioning at the station - prior to that, LE acknowledged often publicly that the parents were cooperating).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny
Back