LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, the world definitely IS broken and I have no problem with churches/pastors lamenting it. I just don't see how it absolves the personal responsibility of someone who chooses to be a parent.

You're right, it doesn't....

Don't get me wrong, the world definitely IS broken and I have no problem with churches/pastors lamenting it. I just don't see how it absolves the personal responsibility of someone who chooses to be a parent.

And broken world or not, most parents WOULD want their child back ... imo

Right. But even if they wouldn't want their child back, they wouldn't be hinting at the possibility of bringing other children into this broken world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What has she done? I don't see anything that points to her being a bad person or guilty of anything. It could be that she just lost her son, found out her husband is a creep and a pedophile possibly and he has not been faithful. I think she is odd. But I don't know if I can say that is criminal. Just weird so far. That is all we have. Odd behavior not criminal.

She failed to protect her son and keep him safe. She failed to provide him with a suitable car seat, which is a violation of the law. She failed to adjust the straps so the child would be comfortable. I consider her to be a miserable failure as a mother and believe she should be charged criminally.

JMO

She failed to protect her son and keep him safe. She failed to provide him with a suitable car seat, which is a violation of the law. She failed to adjust the straps so the child would be comfortable. I consider her to be a miserable failure as a mother and believe she should be charged criminally.

JMO

No. She didn't. She sent him to work with his dad to daycare. That is not her fault. Just like it is not David Smiths fault his wife killed their children.

He had a seat and without getting into it again, At his size and weight he could have fit. We don't know who chose that seat that day. HE HE HE. She had nothing to do with it that day. IT was all him.

My own belief, not substantiated by facts or other troublesome nonsense, is that LH is a vapid, attention seeker, and thought she could revel in her role as grieving mom. Until smart people looked closer. Ruh-roh.

Now she is pizzed all the peoples did not buy her BS and stopped donating money, and she is going to HAVE to sue non-believers for ruining her life. Because Ross is a really great dad, see.

IMO, she didn't even act like the grieving mom. No tears or any look of distress.

I don't know about that. I think there is a difference in emotion and practical. And some people are more practical and less emotional. I just can not hold that against her. It bothers me, But it does not make her guilty of anything for me.

No. She didn't. She sent him to work with his dad to daycare. That is not her fault. Just like it is not David Smiths fault his wife killed their children.

He had a seat and without getting into it again, At his size and weight he could have fit. We don't know who chose that seat that day. HE HE HE. She had nothing to do with it that day. IT was all him.

Please review the car seat thread and the hearing testimony. The car seat in Ross' car was not suitable. The Georgia statute is clear in what it requires.

The woman was not an invalid. She was the child's mother and she had a duty to protect him. She was perfectly capable of taking the child to daycare if she had the only suitable car seat. She was perfectly capable of removing the suitable car seat from her vehicle so that Ross could use it in his vehicle. The woman was a professional who worked in the health care field. She KNEW the car seat was not suitable because cops were informed she took the child and the suitable car seat when she traveled to visit family a few weeks previously.

David Smith wasn't married to Susan when she chose to murder their children. There is no similarity in the cases.

JMO

You are right, it doesn't absolve someone of their parental responsibilities. Of course, I don't share the belief the husband is the "leader" of the family. My husband and I have always viewed ourselves as equal partners in our family.

JMO

To be honest, If she had nothing to do with this, why should she come out and proclaim her innocence to us? She is grieving, Her husband is in jail for murdering their son. Not leaving him by accident but willfully killing him. That is a big pill to swallow. Oh and as an aside he has been sexting people and wanting to live childfree.

Maybe just maybe she is doing all she can to hold on to her sanity?

I am a fence sitter here. I agree some things look hinky but I don't see anything that says she was involved. Not yet.

She's not stupid. She *has* to know how things look to outsiders. All this silence -- that's always bothered me -- how she could just build this wall of silence around herself. I can only speak for myself, obviously, but if I were in her situation, and I believed my spouse was innocent (and I was innocent), you wouldn't be able to shut me up. Talking about it is cathartic. I have heard judges comment that if you are innocent of something, you want everyone to know, because you want the guilty person held responsible.

I can't get over her saying that he must have left CH in the car when she went to daycare to pick him up. Wouldn't any mom or dad in that situation be a little dumbstruck being told their child was never dropped off? I'd be wondering if my husband even went to work that day, I'd think maybe he took off work for some reason and kept our child with him. I don't think I'd automatically assume that the only reason would be that he left the child in the car.
JMO

Please review the car seat thread and the hearing testimony. The car seat in Ross' car was not suitable. The Georgia statute is clear in what it requires.

The woman was not an invalid. She was the child's mother and she had a duty to protect him. She was perfectly capable of taking the child to daycare if she had the only suitable car seat. She was perfectly capable of removing the suitable car seat from her vehicle so that Ross could use it in his vehicle. The woman was a professional who worked in the health care field. She KNEW the car seat was not suitable because cops were informed she took the child and the suitable car seat when she traveled to visit family a few weeks previously.

David Smith wasn't married to Susan when she chose to murder their children. There is no similarity in the cases.

JMO

And again, Knowing what I know about car seats, He still could have fit. Do you know how many people improperly use car seats that think they are doing it right? 80%. While that bothers me greatly it does not mean that she willingly let the child go in a seat she did not think was right for him. Kids well over 2 years can fit in those seats and fit well.

You are making a lot of assumptions. He took the child. He put the child in the car and the car seat .HE WAS RESPONSIBLE for how the baby rode in that day. HE was the one who left him there. He is the one who went out there are lunch. HIM. Not her.

She is not responsible for JRH decisions that day.

The spouse is not responsible for one parent being a killer. Not at all.

She is not responsible for JRH actions that day. Only he is, at this point.

She's not stupid. She *has* to know how things look to outsiders. All this silence -- that's always bothered me -- how she could just build this wall of silence around herself. I can only speak for myself, obviously, but if I were in her situation, and I believed my spouse was innocent (and I was innocent), you wouldn't be able to shut me up. Talking about it is cathartic. I have heard judges comment that if you are innocent of something, you want everyone to know, because you want the guilty person held responsible.

What does that have to do with her being guilty? Do you know how many people look guilty when the police and press get through with them? And yet they are proven innocent later??!

And again, Knowing what I know about car seats, He still could have fit. Do you know how many people improperly use car seats that think they are doing it right? 80%. While that bothers me greatly it does not mean that she willingly let the child go in a seat she did not think was right for him. Kids well over 2 years can fit in those seats and fit well.

You are making a lot of assumptions. He took the child. He put the child in the car and the car seat .HE WAS RESPONSIBLE for how the baby rode in that day. HE was the one who left him there. He is the one who went out there are lunch. HIM. Not her.

She is not responsible for JRH decisions that day.

The spouse is not responsible for one parent being a killer. Not at all.

She is not responsible for JRH actions that day. Only he is, at this point.

We'll have to disagree. imo, A mother IS responsible for ensuring her child's safety and that especially includes safety equipment in the family vehicles. Especially so if it is her "worst fear" that the child will die in that vehicle, as she has reportedly stated to police. This isn't about her husband's actions that day, it is about her actions and words.

Yes, the baby "could have fit" in the car seat....if was adjusted properly and it was not. That is a fact that came out in the hearing. I don't know of anyone who uses a child car seat improperly. In fact, when my twin grandchildren were born last year, at dismissal the hospital nurse examined their car seats and their installation prior to her allowing the children to be placed in the car.

JMO

I can't get over her saying that he must have left CH in the car when she went to daycare to pick him up. Wouldn't any mom or dad in that situation be a little dumbstruck being told their child was never dropped off? I'd be wondering if my husband even went to work that day, I'd think maybe he took off work for some reason and kept our child with him. I don't think I'd automatically assume that the only reason would be that he left the child in the car.
JMO

That was my immediate thought too. If you get to daycare or school to pick up your child and are told the child was never dropped off isn't your first instinct to call the person who was supposed to drop them off and ask WTF? I'd have been on the phone to my husband in seconds, and if he didn't answer his own phone I'd be calling his work. I've never gotten that whole scenario at the daycare at all or the whole business about LH driving with the childcare assistant to the HD offices - did no one think to CALL ahead?

Right. But even if they wouldn't want their child back, they wouldn't be hinting at the possibility of bringing other children into this broken world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or to try SO hard to conceive and then to have Cooper essentially bringing him into this "Broken World" to begin with.

There is also A LOT of good in this world, and if one chooses to ruminate on what is bad and broken then that is a an active choice. I'm not buying what she is selling. At all. They are empty words.

I cannot think of a missing child case where the parents haven't been skewered, but they kept in the public's face to find their child, That is ALL they cared about.

Somer Thompson's mother had a PR person, but she kept on keeping Somer in the forefront.

We'll have to disagree. imo, A mother IS responsible for ensuring her child's safety and that especially includes safety equipment in the family vehicles. Especially so if it is her "worst fear" that the child will die in that vehicle, as she has reportedly stated to police. This isn't about her husband's actions that day, it is about her actions and words.

Yes, the baby "could have fit" in the car seat....if was adjusted properly and it was not. That is a fact that came out in the hearing. I don't know of anyone who uses a child car seat improperly. In fact, when my twin grandchildren were born last year, at dismissal the hospital nurse examined their car seats and their installation prior to her allowing the children to be placed in the car.

JMO

Both parents have the responsibility. If a father chooses to make a bad choice it is his choice. Not hers.

80% of car seats are used or installed improperly. So you do know people who do it, You just don't know that they do it. Each seat has its own rules as do the vehicles. IF you are not really reading all the manuals and learning to do it right you can easily do it wrong.

Um.....Ross Harris read up on the car seat and the correct usage of it. He told LE that himself when explaining that he "strapped Cooper in real tight."

We all know why he did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member