LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you all think that jh wrote the eulogy and asked LH to read it word for word?
I feel nauseous when I even think this.

Do you all think that jh wrote the eulogy and asked LH to read it word for word?
I feel nauseous when I even think this.

I don't think it until someone provides a reputable link.

I keep a lot of food down that way. ;D

I'm still on the fence about LH, leaning toward thinking her only direct involvement was knowing RH had taken dumb risks in the past leaving Cooper in the car. (I reserve the right to change my mind!)

However, the fact that RH turned the finances over to his brother is a cause for concern. Did RH do that because:

1) he assumed LH would soon be in custody ??
2) he is still hiding financial problems from his wife that he trusts his brother to handle
3) he doesn't think LH is capable of handing the finances (I don't think this is the case)
4) he doesn't trust LH will treat him well financially
5) he is a jerk and did this to hurt LH
6) a combination of the above

JMO

I'm still on the fence about LH, leaning toward thinking her only direct involvement was knowing RH had taken dumb risks in the past leaving Cooper in the car. (I reserve the right to change my mind!)

However, the fact that RH turned the finances over to his brother is a cause for concern. Did RH do that because:

2) he is still hiding financial problems from his wife that he trusts his brother to handle
3) he doesn't think LH is capable of handing the finances (I don't think this is the case)

JMO

Good questions...I hadn't heard he'd turned the finances over to his brother. (Did that come out at hearing or is that a recent development? Link?)

JMO

Me, too, on that whole first paragraph, btw. One hopeful thing I've discovered in reading these journal articles today is that a 2-parent filicide is extremely rare.

Good question...I hadn't heard he'd turned the finances over to his brother. (Did that come out at hearing or is that a recent development? Link?)

Sorry not to include a reference - I've been reading about an online article on one of the other threads regarding a recent interview RH's brother gave. I think it's in the "Small Details" thread. The finances give me some suspicion on LH, but perhaps that's a manipulation on the brothers' part or a false assumption on my part.

the brother gave an exclusive interview to one news org. snips from that article are in the small details thread (I think its that thread). In it the brother reveals that RH turned over control of the family accounts to him and claims that those accounts show there was no financial trouble in the Harris household.

In my case there are NO resources to turn to, none at all as far as I can see, and I've been struggling to find a solution for 14 years. I just don't see a solution that would not be detrimental to me. It is what it is. Sorry for the O/T, I just wanted to convey that I could look at LH and say if I were in her shoes I would leave RH and never look back, but if I put those shoes on myself, they might fit a little differently.

It really isn't OT because domestic abuse may be a very important element to this case that we haven't heard about yet. All states have resources and hotlines for domestic abuse situations. Emotional abuse can be just as harmful as physical abuse, especially when children are involved. Illinois has the nation's best statutes. Grandparents can file protection orders on behalf of their children and/or grandchildren. The victim doesn't have to file it themselves. Similar statutes should be enacted in every state.

JMO

the brother gave an exclusive interview to one news org. snips from that article are in the small details thread (I think its that thread). In it the brother reveals that RH turned over control of the family accounts to him and claims that those accounts show there was no financial trouble in the Harris household.

The brother being in control of her money might come as surprising news to Leanna and her attorney.

JMO

The brother being in control of her money might come as surprising news to Leanna and her attorney.

JMO

Can this even be done without spousal approval? (And if not, that means LH agreed??)

I thought LH turned the finances over to Ross. This is the first I've heard that RH turned his finances over to his brother.

I thought LH turned the finances over to Ross. This is the first I've heard that RH turned his finances over to his brother.

See post #612 in the Small Details thread for a snippets from the article.

Respectively, we don't know that she didn't do those things. Do we? She's not the one who left Cooper in that car. Maybe she did drive around with her left shoe in the back seat when she had Cooper. Maybe she did text JRH to see if he'd dropped Cooper off (unlikely unless he lied but we don't know texts between them on that day so it is possible). She can't control her husband. No matter how many times I told my husband that the kids should not wear coats while in their car seats, he still frequently neglected to take their coats off before buckling them in. I told him nicely, I got angry, I showed him information about the dangers involved and I tightened and re-tightened the straps so that they couldn't be buckled if the kids were wearing coats. Yet it was a constant fight throughout much of the winter. Finally, I told him that he wasn't allowed to drive with the kids if he couldn't take the steps to make sure they were safe in their seats and he shaped up. If he had gotten into an accident before I took that step and my children had been ejected from their seats during an accident would I hold some of the blame? Certainly I would blame myself but is one parent always held responsible for the neglect or actions of the other?

Just playing devil's advocate here a bit. I'm still on the fence about Leanna but my gut is saying that she is not 100% innocent.

BBM. You're right, we don't know for sure. Maybe she did have reminders in her car but wouldn't it make sense in that case that she insist he have them in his car too? And yeah, maybe she did text RH for drop off confirmation that day and maybe he responded that he had dropped Cooper off (because he 'forgot' he hadn't) BUT to our knowledge she's never mentioned any such text to the cops. Why wouldn't she? Or maybe he didn't respond to her text at all in which case what would be her excuse for not calling the daycare to find out if he dropped Cooper off? I mean, what would be the point of having a drop off confirmation system in place, if they did indeed have one, if they then didn't follow through and get actual confirmation?

BBM. A little OT, but I have to respond here. I have never, one single time, ever heard anyone advised to remove a child's outerwear before putting the child into a car seat! And I'm a health professional! I also live in the "way far" north, where it is below zero for weeks to months on end in winter-- it would be downright dangerous to remove a child's outerwear and put them in a cold car here! I have never seen a single parent do this, or even talk about it.

If this were common practice, there would be PSA's all over the place telling parents to remove outerwear. That is just not possible, or practical, in most colder climates. And "pre-warming" the car isn't always possible, either, like if you have been at work or in a store. Heck, a mom at my child's daycare frequently brought her toddler without a coat or shoes-- just a diaper and onsie, in the dead of winter, and she had child protective services on her case pretty quickly. Daycare even gave her some outer wear and sox/ shoes-- and still she brought the child with bare legs and feet, no blanket or clothing.

Getting parents to properly clothe their children in winter, and actually USE a carseat for kids older than one, is a MUCH bigger problem here. Elementary school sends notice after notice home about boots and outerwear all winter long, and makes the kids without proper footwear and outerwear take from lost and found to go outside. Parents are given info on free resources from local churches to get outerwear, etc.

My oldest is 20, youngest is 9, and all the car seat instructions I ever had (which was a lot by the end of 4 kids!) ALWAYS said to strap children in without coats or snowsuits on because the straps wouldn't properly protect the children if they were loosened to accommodate the outerwear.

They make infant seat covers that are like blankets for just this reason. The baby can be strapped in wearing regular clothes, a light blanket placed over them, and the cover over the whole seat to protect from wind etc.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...ts-keeping-your-child-safe-and-warm/index.htm

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Sheesh. I feel sorry for people who live in frigid areas who have to burn up fuel for twenty minutes to heat the car in order to put kids in it without proper weather gear! OUCH! I'm an old lady so I never had to deal with it, but I live in VERY cold winter climate. Must cost a fortune in gas. JMO

The article's link comes up with "No Longer Found" now, but here is the whole article in Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/77yu011bkne0p6o/Questions on police account of Harris case.docx

The problem with Baygent's arguments is that they're weak, contradictory, and incomplete. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt. :/ Brother Baygent says that he was given control of the couple's finances after RH was arrested, but doesn't explain why. He says that the couple's financial situation is absolutely sound, yet also tells us that as of his June takeover of the account they have $6K in savings, $4K in credit card debt, they've booked a family cruise in October, and have been seriously house-hunting with an agent. But if that's truly all the savings they had, those plans are entirely unrealisitic even BEFORE Ross got fired from Home Depot. And these plans all take place after RH failed to get the job promotion at Home Depot or job situation he applied for at Chick-Fil-A in May. It's like there's either a break with reality or something more sinister already being planned to take care of those considerable financial investments. :( And no, I don't "think he killed Cooper just for $27,000"--the "ridiculous" claim that Baygent thinks people are making. It doesn't take an Internet genius nowadays to see the online financial windfall that routinely is arranged by well-meaning friends in response to tragic family news involving disaster, death, and innocent children.

This is just so sad, such an incredible loss for the rest of Cooper's family. I don't fault them for trying to defend RH. I just dread them finding out any more crushing truth than they've already been subjected to. I'm not a grandparent yet, but am old enough to be one. This would literally take years off my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz