LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I believe the 3:16 text did happen. If you watch the PCH right after Kilgore talks about the 3:16 text he gives a sheet of paper to the Prosecutor and the Judges clerk to view, I think that sheet of paper was his "proof"that the text did occur.

The text did happen, it's just that the text was not on RH's phone. It is assumed he deleted it sometime before LE took his phone.

I totally agree. And the wording is strange, so it's definately - to me - a ploy. Why would he care when LH was picking CH up? What point does the time make? None.

Now if he said, "Don't forget to pick my buddy up" I'd halfway believe it. But to ask her when? AND she never responded!

What his words imply is that she was already aware she was supposed to pick up Cooper. This may have been the first she was aware of it.

JMO

What his words imply is that she was already aware she was supposed to pick up Cooper. This may have been the first she was aware of it.

JMO

Why did he need to know what time she was picking CH up? He was going to the movies with friends, it's not like they planned to meet as a family later.

Regarding the length of the call, is it determined after detailed research and confirmation that is was exactly 60 seconds OR does the record round up 32 seconds into a full minute (60 seconds) for billing purposes? Our cell provider does that- we are billed a full minute (60 seconds), even if we make a 20 second call. If we look at call detail, it is always based on full minutes and will never show how long we were actually on the line (2 min/20 sec will always show as 3 minutes). I'm sure if investigators dig into the actual transmission time, they can determine the exact time and exact length of each and every call. Just saying that I have never seen any call log, detail or billing from any provider we have ever had (ATT, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint), that shows anything other than increments of 60 seconds. IMHO, JMO, MOO....

My bill is like that too -- however, Stoddard didn't have phone records yet, just what showed up on the phone itself, which (in my experience) is precise.

Actually, I believe the 3:16 text did happen. If you watch the PCH right after Kilgore talks about the 3:16 text he gives a sheet of paper to the Prosecutor and the Judges clerk to view, I think that sheet of paper was his "proof"that the text did occur.

ITA, that 'when are you picking up my buddy' text was sent for the sole purpose of trying to further perpetuate the lie that this was an accident. KWIM?

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, my client thought he had dropped Cooper off at daycare. See, he even sent his wife a text asking when she was picking him up."

If that is the case, he's going to have a tough sell.

Because less than 15 minutes after that "phantom text" he speaks with her personally on a 60 second phone call where at that point one or both of them would have HAD to have discussed Cooper daycare schedule - (and if not, they both need to be locked up!)

So a def atty would have a tough sell to the jury that twice within 15 minutes his client REMEMBERED to discuss and PLAN for his son's daycare schedule yet FORGET entirely that he ever had him in his car that day and are breakfast with him that morning and Kissed him on his head - as he reportedly REMEMEBERED Doing.

You are right. Some proof exists of that 3:16 msg. Will be interested to knew what format it was in (text, email, IM)

From a June 20th article, the landlord:

Everything was going right for this couple,” said Joe Saini, who rents the family their condo on Wynnes Ridge Circle in Marietta. He said the family was actively shopping for a house. “They wanted to buy a house so they could have some space for their child to run around the backyard.”

Saini said Harris had been excited recently about a promotion and pay raise and was planning with his wife to begin house-hunting in East Cobb.

Saini, the landlord, said he last spoke with Harris on Sunday, and that Harris, who goes by the name Ross, was happily looking toward the future. He was anticipating a promotion and raise at Home Depot, which would enable Harris to buy a house in a nice neighborhood. Harris and his wife were already scouting out houses on the Internet, favoring the East Cobb area because of its good schools. They expected to start visiting them in a few weeks.

Saini said the Harrises were perfect tenants. When the air-conditioner recently broke down, Harris didn’t get angry about it. Most often, they paid their rent one day early. He said Cooper’s room was filled with toys.

Even when Harris was arrested Wednesday, he made sure to have a family member call the landlord to tell him what happened.

Saini said it is absurd to even consider that Harris would hurt his child.

“We know him. He’s not that kind of character,” he said.

He called the charges “cruel and unusual punishment.”

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tes-statements-interviews-testimony-and-video

BBM. Hmmm. Wonder when RH told the landlord about this anticipated pay raise? He was passed over for a pay raise recently, was he not? Was he out-and-out lying to the landlord?

Not getting that pay raise sure seems to have burst RH's plan bubble. RH seems to be the kind of person that wants what he wants when he wants it and if things fall apart, it's everyone else's fault. Wonder if he concluded in his twisted brain that his poor performance at work was Cooper's fault (lack of sleep, "having" to get Cooper to and from day care, etc.) and his financial state (and thus his inability to realize his dreams) was Cooper's fault (all those pesky expenses associated with a child): So the best way to "fix" everything was to get rid of the "problem."

ITA, that 'when are you picking up my buddy' text was sent for the sole purpose of trying to further perpetuate the lie that this was an accident. KWIM?

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, my client thought he had dropped Cooper off at daycare. See, he even sent his wife a text asking when she was picking him up."

I believe he sent the text as well just to cover his butt. I'm sure they must have checked LH's phone as well to see if she received the text. I wonder if this was something he did all the time, texted her regarding "picking up his buddy" or if this was a one time thing.

Not only did he not get that pay raise, he was not offered a promotion and he did not get the IT job at Chick-fil-A.

APRIL 2014 RH is unhappy w/Home Depot; says he was passed over for promotion. Feels angry.

MAY 2014 RH interviews with Chik-Fil-A Corporate; does not get the job. Feels depressed.

He then takes over the family finances. So maybe he was telling everyone, including LH, he got the raise.

Right! Your kid just died and you call your spouse, oh well, she's not answering. Let me check my voice mail messages (sarcasm). I'd call again, I'd call her office, I'd call my parents (????? - isn't this weird he didn't call another family member!!!), I'd call her best friend, I'd call her again. I'd be screaming I can't reach my spouse!!!!!

I seldom use "my own experience" as the ruler to measure other people's actions, but in this case I just have to:

When my sister was found dead, my poor dad was so freaked out that he could not remember my cell phone number or even where and how to pull it up on his phone (he kept trying to find it under my maiden name...his last name...apparently); and it never occurred to him to call my little brother first. His first instinct was to call the police and have them come tell me in person. He made good and sure I was notified immediately by whatever means necessary.

Like my dad, if (God forbid) I had been in a situation of finding my child dead and I could not get hold of my immediate loved ones, I would have grabbed the first cop on the scene and begged them to help me get in touch with my loved ones. Instead RH chooses to curse the people that could have helped him. Speaks volumes to me.

Why did he need to know what time she was picking CH up? He was going to the movies with friends, it's not like they planned to meet as a family later.

If LH wasn't involved, perhaps it was to get out of there before she got to the daycare? If that was the case, I'm thinking he did tell her about the movie but she paused & didn't know what to do because she was trying to figure out how & where to track down RH... she knew he was at the movies & would have phone shut off & it would go straight to voice mail...

Another possibility -- his way of "checking up" on her? Not that she was doing anything worth being checked up on for, but IF he was controlling, that's not at all uncommon -- like a passive aggressive way of saying, "If you're off work, why haven't you picked up my son?" -- could have been a regular thing?? But today he's wondering why he's still at work and she's not already in the parking lot calling him to come down because she's found CH in his car?

Man, I don't know -- it's ALL so weird... imo

Regarding the length of the call, is it determined after detailed research and confirmation that is was exactly 60 seconds OR does the record round up 32 seconds into a full minute (60 seconds) for billing purposes? Our cell provider does that- we are billed a full minute (60 seconds), even if we make a 20 second call. If we look at call detail, it is always based on full minutes and will never show how long we were actually on the line (2 min/20 sec will always show as 3 minutes). I'm sure if investigators dig into the actual transmission time, they can determine the exact time and exact length of each and every call. Just saying that I have never seen any call log, detail or billing from any provider we have ever had (ATT, T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint), that shows anything other than increments of 60 seconds. IMHO, JMO, MOO....

Totally agree this is complete possibility (and I wasn't sure how the length was determined other than quoting testimony) however, it doesn't change any of my suppositions because at the point of the call, someone if not both of them STILL would have HAD to communicate on the topic of daycare pickup, even if it were 10 second long call.

We know this to be fairly certain because
A) LH did go to the daycare and would not have done so just "guessing" it was her turn
And
B) she obviously didn't go to the daycare as a result of that 3:16 text, otherwise she would have said "what do you mean WHEN? We never discussed this until now. Wait - where is Cooper!? I didn't take him this morning"

That didn't happen- so we have to assume they did discuss daycare pickup some time that day - which most likely occurred 4:01.

Pictures show that headstones are allowed, there's a post up thread that stated a headstone was on order. Has not yet arrived.

Flowers are brought to graveside for funeral - but afterwards they are removed. Some families take them home, divide amongst members. Some save the roses for rosaries to be made in memory of loved one. Some families will let the cemetery take care of them, which they will throw out. Some cemeteries will save just the roses for business's that make rosaries to have a supply on hand.

My opinion, maybe I'm alone in this view, but how one adorns a graveside is not a way to measure their love for the departed. When my loved ones passed, it was very hard for me to attend just the viewing, let alone to go back to the graveside and decorate it. To me, it was morbid to see a chunk of ground, freshly dug, mud, rocks, little to no grass and think, gee, I must do some gardening. My emotions were too raw (like the ground), and I know once there I will not hold it together. I'd rather leave their remains to rest, let the cemetery take care of the land, a headstone will mark the location and arrives later. When the sight is more in sync with the others, I can then go back and see the final resting place. Personally, I'd rather spend my time remembering and honoring in other ways.

In my family, visiting a graveside is very personal. No judgement of how often, or if flowers and trinkets are brought. Even though we live minutes away, it's neither looked down upon, nor praised for visitations. We know in our own heart of hearts what that person meant to us in the living world.

BBM. No, you are not alone in your view. My mom is buried in a cemetery 2 miles from my home, and I've rarely visited her grave in the 12 years since she's been deceased. I loved my mother very much. I agree, it is a very personal thing that varies from person to person and family to family.

He was setting up his alibi: His defense has been that he "forgot" to drop-off Cooper and she was supposed to pick him up. If he was the one actually supposed to pick up Cooper that day, he had no reason to text her. Asking her 'what time?' was an excuse to text her about their son.

JMO

This bothers me too - and I would think it would bother LH the most.

Because you are exactly right. If it were not common for him to ask WHEN then she will just as easily read into his CYA as we have. And maybe that is now the reason why she is no longer mentioning his name once in her ONLY public statement. Previously she was all Ross Ross Ross - doing this for Ross. Now - NADA - not one mention of his name.

Det Stoddard testified at the PCH that the 4:04 phone call was 'a little over a minute'

I'm sure that was a hidden app that she had no clue about. Not sure if iphone have where you can make an app invisible. I know the blackberries do.

Re KIK, etc.

I have a plain-jane Android phone. Apps that are installed are not "hidden" but are not on the main screens until/unless you put them (or a "shortcut") on the "Home screen". I have a lot of apps instaleld that i do not use often. As I need them, I add them to the main screen, but in the meantime they are on the phone if I decide I want them. It isn;t quite the same as being hidden, since pressing the "applications" icon will display all of the installed available apps. I am sure there is a method (maybe another app) to hide the fact that certain things are installed at all, but I really have nothing embarassing on my phone (unless you count the number of versions of Angry Birds I have on it).

But think about what you're saying.....

*IF* that one minute phone call between LH and RH at 4:01 WAS in fact a confirmation about Cooper's pickup schedule -- then instead of standing by her man at the funeral, she would have immediately turned him into the police because she would have realized he LIED to her on that call about who had Cooper

Only if she thought he did it intentionally. If on the other hand she actually believed he did it unintentionally (he forgot Cooper--especially if he has done so in the past and it was forgetfulness or he lead her to believe it was) then she could have also thought he still hadn't figured it out when he called. I agree it's a stretch from our POV but she may not see it that way *if* Ross is this scatterbrained normally. Her behavior and apparent thought patterns have been so odd (IMHO) that I'm not sure I can put it past her.

He was setting up his alibi: His defense has been that he "forgot" to drop-off Cooper and she was supposed to pick him up. If he was the one actually supposed to pick up Cooper that day, he had no reason to text her. Asking her 'what time?' was an excuse to text her about their son.

JMO

Agree 100% and if he had left it at that - as they say on ScoobyDoo - he might have gotten away with it too.

But he had to go and screw up his alibi by *remembering* to follow up on daycare pickup 15 minutes later when he spoke to LH - so jury will have a hard time accepting that a parent of clear mind would remember the child within 15 min interval but yet *not* have his memory kick back into gear about having had breakfast with his son.

What's going to be even harder to explain is that he *rememebed* to get lightbulbs, but within a Fifteen minute interval of presumably discussing daycare pickup Twice - that he didn't remember having breakfast with Cooper or having him in the car

The text did happen, it's just that the text was not on RH's phone. It is assumed he deleted it sometime before LE took his phone.

Maybe it was on LH's phone. She would have been the one receiving the message. jmo

This bothers me too - and I would think it would bother LH the most.

Because you are exactly right. If it were not common for him to ask WHEN then she will just as easily read into his CYA as we have. And maybe that is now the reason why she is no longer mentioning his name once in her ONLY public statement. Previously she was all Ross Ross Ross - doing this for Ross. Now - NADA - not one mention of his name.

The difference is now she has a defense attorney to guide her. Ross has placed her between a rock and a really hard place. She has never stated publicly that she was the one who was originally scheduled to pick up Cooper that day. But she did tell police that Cooper being left in a hot car was her worst fear. We don't know why it was her worst fear but if it was because Ross had previously done it or had threatened to do it, she could be prosecuted for failing to protect Cooper. The attitude she has exhibited in support of Ross hasn't helped her one bit.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member