LeAnna (Mom) #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was on LH's phone. She would have been the one receiving the message. jmo

And she would have shown it to his attorney, which was kinda dumb on her part because it implicates her.

JMO

Maybe it was on LH's phone. She would have been the one receiving the message. jmo

I was wondering how his defense attorney had gotten a hold of it. Wasn't it on paper? Maybe it was an email to her.

Only if she thought he did it intentionally. If on the other hand she actually believed he did it unintentionally (he forgot Cooper--especially if he has done so in the past and it was forgetfulness or he lead her to believe it was) then she could have also thought he still hadn't figured it out when he called. I agree it's a stretch from our POV but she may not see it that way *if* Ross is this scatterbrained normally. Her behavior and apparent thought patterns have been so odd (IMHO) that I'm not sure I can put it past her.

Yes, I am following you on that. But if all that is the case - then she will have figured out after the fact - having later re-evaluating his 3:16 text of "When...." And realize that prior to that text they never had discussed any prior daycare arrangements.

What I'm getting at is that this scenario would require that she believe he not only forgot TWICE during his mention of Cooper that he actually had Cooper , but it would also require her to believe that he ALSO forgot he never discussed daycare arrangement or else he would have never used the word *When..*

And if she DOES believe him to be that negligent - then there is almost a case against her that she is culpable for entrusting her child over to a person whom she believes to be capable of such negligence that she finds none of his actions shocking nevertheless suspicious ! See what I mean?

If she believed him so easily on all three accounts of memory lapse - then she's almost building a case against herself for not being a better, less negligent advocate for her child.

Ironically, iirc, JRHs insurance agent is also his landlord. Thus, contacting this person re: insurance or his condo's lease is a reasonable and prudent phone call to make. Only it is not proper when your own son's CPR efforts are being performed by a stranger.
So more likely he was calling him about the life insurance, rather than the lease, just disguising that fact!

The difference is now she has a defense attorney to guide her. Ross has placed her between a rock and a really hard place. She has never stated publicly that she was the one who was originally scheduled to pick up Cooper that day. But she did tell police that Cooper being left in a hot car was her worst fear. We don't know why it was her worst fear but if it was because Ross had previously done it or had threatened to do it, she could be prosecuted for failing to protect Cooper. The attitude she has exhibited in support of Ross hasn't helped her one bit.

JMO
Couldn't agree with you more about her actions. Her actions and her words do NOT corroborate her story. If she was afraid, then her behavior would comply - and she would have confirmed the dropoff. If she didn't confirm the dropoff then it is impossible for it to be her "biggest fear", in which case she is lying.

You don't say your biggest fear is drowning and yet go swimming in conditions that make drowning possible. Same logic here. You don't say your biggest fear is your son frying and then blindly entrust your son to a person you find it believable to be very absent minded!!!!

Yes, I am following you on that. But if all that is the case - then she will have figured out after the fact - having later re-evaluating his 3:16 text of "When...." And realize that prior to that text they never had discussed any prior daycare arrangements.

What I'm getting at is that this scenario would require that she believe he not only forgot TWICE during his mention of Cooper that he actually had Cooper , but it would also require her to believe that he ALSO forgot he never discussed daycare arrangement or else he would have never used the word *When..*

And if she DOES believe him to be that negligent - then there is almost a case against her that she is culpable for entrusting her child over to a person whom she believes to be capable of such negligence that she finds none of his actions shocking nevertheless suspicious ! See what I mean?

If she believed him so easily on all three accounts of memory lapse - then she's almost building a case against herself for not being a better, less negligent advocate for her child.

I totally get your point and I agree based on how it looks from my POV -- she's a strange bird though. Either she is willing to believe all manner of what most would see as unbelievable things about Ross and his behavior to be able to stand by him (and given what some women will do to keep a relationship it's not outside the realm of possibilities) or she is directly complicit. If she is innocent or guilty of neglect by inaction she has to be harboring an epic case of cognitive dissonance (IMO).

Agree 100% and if he had left it at that - as they say on ScoobyDoo - he might have gotten away with it too.

But he had to go and screw up his alibi by *remembering* to follow up on daycare pickup 15 minutes later when he spoke to LH - so jury will have a hard time accepting that a parent of clear mind would remember the child within 15 min interval but yet *not* have his memory kick back into gear about having had breakfast with his son.

What's going to be even harder to explain is that he *rememebed* to get lightbulbs, but within a Fifteen minute interval of presumably discussing daycare pickup Twice - that he didn't remember having breakfast with Cooper or having him in the car

Ironically, remembering Cooper could be a moment where a light bulb goes off over his head.

I totally get your point and I agree based on how it looks from my POV -- she's a strange bird though. Either she is willing to believe all manner of what most would see as unbelievable things about Ross and his behavior to be able to stand by him (and given what some women will do to keep a relationship it's not outside the realm of possibilities) or she is directly complicit. If she is innocent or guilty of neglect by inaction she has to be harboring an epic case of cognitive dissonance (IMO).

Lol! Cognitive Dissonance is one of my favorite terms! So funny you say that. In marketing, it's a fancy test market research term for "Buyers Remorse"

If she was so worried about Cooper dying in a hot car, why didn't SHE text or call her husband asking WHEN he dropped off Cooper at the daycare?? Or just call the daycare in the morning? Seems he was pretty lazy in the morning and she would have KNOWN this. JMO

If she was so worried about Cooper dying in a hot car, why didn't SHE text or call her husband asking WHEN he dropped off Cooper at the daycare?? Or just call the daycare in the morning? Seems he was pretty lazy in the morning and she would have KNOWN this. JMO

IMO, Because she knew that Cooper was going to die that day, and was on board with it. I still believe that many will be shocked about "mom" when LE is done with their investigation.

MOO

Couldn't agree with you more about her actions. Her actions and her words do NOT corroborate her story. If she was afraid, then her behavior would comply - and she would have confirmed the dropoff. If she didn't confirm the dropoff then it is impossible for it to be her "biggest fear", in which case she is lying.

You don't say your biggest fear is drowning and yet go swimming in conditions that make drowning possible. Same logic here. You don't say your biggest fear is your son frying and then blindly entrust your son to a person you find it believable to be very absent minded!!!!

You're right. You also don't entrust your child to someone who has previously left him alone in the car or anywhere else. Which could be why cops immediately went after Cooper's medical records. To see if he had ever received treatment for being over-heated or if he had in some way experienced such severe separation anxiety (such as being left alone) that it affected his sleep.

JMO

Agreed, I have and use both apps on my phone. I use What's app to communicate with friends internationally, or if I'm on vacation out of the states. Snapchat , because friends use it and send me messages on it, but I still predominately text to communicate on a daily basis.

What's interesting to me is that a husband and wife hadn't had a text between them since May. That's just weird. They may have been using other apps for sure, but like you side, purposely and to hide things if they were :cow:. RH didn't seem to have a problem taking pictures of himself on his phone and using it to sext. For me, there is a disconnect there. He didn't seem to go out of his way in any way to hide that. It shows me that he wasn't trying to save on his "bill" by using apps as data is the thing that would be more expensive. Texting is generally unlimited and less of a worry on smartphone bills than data usage. Yknow?

For a while I dated someone who was on a different cell phone carrier. In order to save my limited number of texts i installed an app called HeyWire. it assigns you a different "phone number" but the recipient won't have a clue the message is being routed through an app. If I was Roscos, I think I'd have used something like that for sexting to prevent the girls from having my voice number.
MOO

IMO, Because she knew that Cooper was going to die that day, and was on board with it. I still believe that many will be shocked about "mom" when LE is done with their investigation.

MOO

I think so, too. She does come across as the one in control of the household. She may have reminded Ross daily that he was an underachieving loser and that's what triggered his decision to "forget" her son. His goal was to punish her for making sure her biggest fear turned to reality.

JMO

For real. It was a "probable cause" hearing. The whole existence of this type of hearing was to give the evidence for the Judge to decide if there is probable cause for RH to be charged.

Det Stoddard was under oath when he gave his testimony as to what he heard AND saw, ALL which is backed up by video and/or recordings. To think that he was over zealous or gave too much info just boggles my mind.

ETA: LOL at the over zealous witness, because the only over zealous witness I've seen to date involved in this case is "Mr. Organic"

He not only gave testimony as to what HE heard and saw. He gave testimony of what the workers at the Daycare heard and saw. I guess it must have been because it was only a PCH, he was allowed to give this hear say testimony? I don't think it would be allowed in a trial, but I'm not sure. I would just like to hear from the witnesses at daycare and see the actual video of LH and RH's conversation, that's all. I'm not saying anybody lied, I'm just saying I am beginning to doubt some of the testimony at the PCH! I have no problem with anyone who doesn't doubt what a witness at the PCH said.

Not only did he not get that pay raise, he was not offered a promotion and he did not get the IT job at Chick-fil-A.

APRIL 2014 RH is unhappy w/Home Depot; says he was passed over for promotion. Feels angry.

MAY 2014 RH interviews with Chik-Fil-A Corporate; does not get the job. Feels depressed.

He then takes over the family finances. So maybe he was telling everyone, including LH, he got the raise.

Also in MAY 2014, Leanna's church friend said;
"I think it was in May when she told me that 'now is not the time for more kids,' " says the friend. "I didn't press her to find out what had changed."

http://www.people.com/article/justin-ross-harris-double-life-death-son-cooper-leanna-toddler-hot-car

He not only gave testimony as to what HE heard and saw. He gave testimony of what the workers at the Daycare heard and saw. I guess it must have been because it was only a PCH, he was allowed to give this hear say testimony? I don't think it would be allowed in a trial, but I'm not sure. I would just like to hear from the witnesses at daycare and see the actual video of LH and RH's conversation, that's all. I'm not saying anybody lied, I'm just saying I am beginning to doubt some of the testimony at the PCH! I have no problem with anyone who doesn't doubt what a witness at the PCH said.

It wasn't hearsay. The Judge at the hearing allowed it. Detective Stoddard was asked and gave the names of the police officers who were told these statements. You will have to wait until trial to hear from the witnesses themselves but I doubt their testimony will deviate from what they told police. Police do write reports which are sworn testimony. Attacking the credibility of the detective will not work with a jury.

JMO

JMO

May: wedding anniversary, Mother's Day, last texts between them.

Last known texts between them. I'm quite sure they didn't stop cold turkey. I think phone records will reveal other texts, like maybe they switched to texting on Kik or some other app/service.

Last known texts between them. I'm quite sure they didn't stop cold turkey. I think phone records will reveal other texts, like maybe they switched to texting on Kik or some other app/service.

True. Last known texts. Maybe others in June were deleted. When did LH go on a trip with Cooper and the new car seat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member