Lee Hollander - Attorney representing Mark Sievers

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You can thank Peter Busch on NBC2 News for that! I just happened to have the TV on when there was Breaking News during the Dr. Oz Show. (and I really wasn't even watching Dr. Oz). As soon as I heard "There has been an arrest warrant issued....." I started typing on Websleuths hoping he would continue to say it was for MS. And he did! I was so elated, I could hardly breathe for the next few hours.

No worries. You will get extra Christmas presents this year from us since you've came bearing gifts that day. Lol.

Private attorneys take appointed cases (reduced rate). LH has previously taken appointments on murder cases. If he's in this for the long haul, maybe LH and MS anticipated LH going from private to appointed later in the game (when MS's access to money runs out). IMO MS gave LH a retainer, maybe that $40k? Every criminal defense attorney I know requires a retainer to bill against, no risk of unpaid bills. I would imagine most of MS's retainer was untouched until recently.:jail:

Thank you....that makes sense.

"Lee Hollander, a Naples criminal defense lawyer who has worked on eight capital punishment cases as both a prosecutor and now as a defense lawyer"

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-52024.html
(originally from a NapesNews.com report, March 21, 2004)

So, that would disqualify him as lead counsel, in case the State seeked DP for MS according to the Florida Rule of Criminal Procedure 3.112, the minimum standards for a death penalty defense attorney. He would be okay for trial co-counsel, or appellate counsel. He needs 9 complex cases for lead counsel, yes?

http://www.deathpenaltyblog.com/the...lified-criminal-defense-attorneys-in-florida/

-Nin

So, that would disqualify him as lead counsel, in case the State seeked DP for MS according to the Florida Rule of Criminal Procedure 3.112, the minimum standards for a death penalty defense attorney. He would be okay for trial co-counsel, or appellate counsel. He needs 9 complex cases for lead counsel, yes?

-Nin

Lol. Jose Baez has set a high bar for unknown lawyers getting credited for saving a clients life.

We all said that he was a rookie and everything else. But he definitely showed the sidekicks and underdogs that anything is possible. Even if 99% of the state was hoping for a guilty verdict. Jmo.

http://www.deathpenaltyblog.com/the...lified-criminal-defense-attorneys-in-florida/

-Nin
That was as of 2004, over a decade ago. He's done more since.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

We really need to realize that sometimes that Matlock moment was first found and brought to attention by assistance that were not Matlock themselves.

So a great lawyer is only as good as their team that pointed out certain things at said time. Jmo.

We really need to realize that sometimes that Matlock moment was first found and brought to attention by assistance that were not Matlock themselves.

So a great lawyer is only as good as their team that pointed out certain things at said time. Jmo.

Bad facts, are bad facts. The case against MS is full of 'bad facts' for the defense, LH can only overcome so much.:moo:

The facts in this case are far more black and white, for one, it cannot be disputed that TS's death was intentional and brutal.

Agree. But. Jose made George (a prominent cop and father) seem like a pedophile that molested his kids.

So Curtis will not stand a chance if Mark had the right lawyer. Jmo.

Now I want Mark and all to be found guilty. But I'm also saying that it may not be a slam dunk at the moment for now. Jmo

"Lee Hollander, a Naples criminal defense lawyer who has worked on eight capital punishment cases as both a prosecutor and now as a defense lawyer"

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-52024.html
(originally from a NapesNews.com report, March 21, 2004)

From linked article above. LH says...
"We have come so close, and probably have, executed innocent people," he said. "Executing the wrong person — that's an awful big 'oops.' You've got people out there ... call them kids ... who are downright mean, but that doesn't mean society should take the risk of executing an innocent person."

BBM
LH really does have a way with words, doesn't he? I think not....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back