LEE Takes Memorial Away from Front of House

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord have Mercy I would probably be in your book. I never know what to say and can only seem to manage I'm sorry, and then that sounds so stupid and insincere too. I wouldn't have told you you will find another man at the funeral...I might have set you up on a blind date a week or so later, a respectful amount of time ya know. (JK) I am sorry.:blowkiss:

People just don't know what to say. I hate trying to find the right words myself for someone who is suffering. I think some people just want to "cheer you up" even though a funeral isn't the time or place.

This is horrible. Whomever put it there had only thoughts of Caylee in their heart. Apparently Lee does not.

I hope he checked on the cat while he was there. They didn't take the Cat with them when they left yesterday, AND THAT makes me mad.

Cats just don't get no respect. (She said being a cat person.) Maybe Kitty's hair is on the duct tape. My kitty's hair would be on duct tape from my house. Go kitties!

Regarding memorials at the Ants, people shouldn't be leaving stuff there. The Ants have never wanted people's sympathy or support. It only makes them crazy and gives them something to fight about. They've done nothing but rebuff people's attempts to show love for Caylee. That isn't going to change now. No need to taunt or bug them. Wait until everyone clears the location where the body was dumped and leave tributes there. The Ants don't want our sympathy. Find another place to communicate respect for Caylee. The Ants only respond to it by emitting passive agressivity. Leave 'em. There out of it now. Unfortunately Caylee's little remains will end up with this awful family in the end, giving them one last chance to throw up a finger at the world. We all need to move on AWAY FROM THEMs. The creature will be tried now, unless she wants to confess and still do pretty close to life. Her fate will be in the hands of whatever jury shows up, is picked and their sense and sensibilities. The police have all the evidence now they probably can have. It's time to leave Hopespring Drive once and for all.

Please don't. My stepfather, who died in August, suffered from Aspergers and now even on his worst day was he anywhere near the Anthony level of disconnect. They have no trouble with eye contact or social skills, they have problems with the truth. Let's not trash the Aspergers patients by connecting them to this madness.
Sorry, I didn't intend to demean anyone, but there is definitely some kind of unusual social behavioral standard going on with this family and the way they interact with others.

Group narcissism, maybe?

Please don't. My stepfather, who died in August, suffered from Aspergers and now even on his worst day was he anywhere near the Anthony level of disconnect. They have no trouble with eye contact or social skills, they have problems with the truth. Let's not trash the Aspergers patients by connecting them to this madness.

my brother deals with Asperger's as well and all I can say is he is the MOST honest person i have ever met, to the point of hurting feelings he is so honest (now to be fair I am not sure if this is a trait of Asperger's or my brother), so i don't personally believe the ant's are dealing with this - on the other hand I just mentioned to a friend of mine that the whole family talks as though they are aliens who have landed here from another planet and must try to "seem" as normal as they can (Coneheads anyone?)without having a real idea or definition of what that is.

now, on topic Lee is a young male who was raised by a hot-head father and hot-head mother who's only reactions have been violent. the whole family is violent and we wonder why KC was able to do what she did? The whole solution to that family seems to be and has always been......VIOLENCE. MOO.

Thank you, I can laugh at it now. Between the funerals me and my sis have been through, we almost wrote a book called "Dumb things people say at funerals". We wrote a list and it was getting quite long.

I can totally relate to that. When my dad died my (psychotic, imo) aunt told us that if we had've just listened to her advice and taken him to see the 'healer' benny hynn, that he would still be with us.

You can add that to the list. ;)

You know that. I know that. But I'm not sure the Anthony family shares the same belief.

I was disturbed at seeing one of Casey's jail interviews in which she was crying about Caylee being her baby, and also her mother's baby, and her dad's, and that "everyone should have their time" - as if Caylee was some kind of family possession to be shared among them instead of a little individual to be loved and nurtured. It really creeped me out.

That comment bothered me too - and showed a good deal about their family dynamics. My daughter is MY daughter. She is not my parents daughter...she is their granddaughter. We all love each other...but when push comes to shove, she will be raised the way that my husband and I see fit. Granted - that would probably be the same way my parent's would chose...but it might not always be. But it seemed in the Anthony's family that she was EVERYONE's daughter. That shows me that Casey wasn't very confident in her role as the mother of that child. She "shared" that right with her parents. I think Cindy certainly considered herself more of a mother than Casey - even if she doesn't say that out loud.

I don't think she was trying to mock people with Asperger's. I think she was just trying to say that, like someone with Asperger's, the Anthony's seem to have social issues.

I don't think she was mocking either, I just don't find them comparable at all. But it's an understandable mistake.

You mean because the baby he hoped would still be alive has most likely been found as skeletal remains with duct tape on her mouth? That?
I am truly amazed that he didn't honor the feelings of the people that have treated him with such kindness by hanging around his family's house trying to get on TV for the last few months. What was he thinking?</sarcasm>

I am with you OL.
does anyone know who placed the memorials? Were they hand delivered or delivery service. either way, i'm sure they cost somebody money.
in all fairness, those memorials could have come from outside the USA from people that have never even been to florida.
IMO, they were acts of kindness towards the family.

my family never thought to trash memorials people sent us when our family member was kidnapped and murdered. (killer never known) some of us do know what it's like to live through a nightmare. it never goes away.
moo.....:(

does anyone know who placed the memorials? Were they hand delivered or delivery service. either way, i'm sure they cost somebody money.
in all fairness, those memorials could have come from outside the USA from people that have never even been to florida.

my family never thought to trash memorials people sent us when our family member was kidnapped and murdered. (killer never known) some of us do know what it's like to live through a nightmare. it never goes away.

I am so sorry.

IMO it's something that he can control and he did just that. Right or wrong is really not for me to decide. I don't particularly think it was a nice gesture though but then again I'm not in his shoes..thank the Lord above. JMO

Someone left flowers to show their respect for Caylee....LA removed them in a huff....yet, the person who bought the flowers is being criticized for wasting THEIR money on flowers instead of a donation to XYZ, etc. and LA is given a pass because??

I've never seen so many excuses for bad behavior. No wonder CA and GA keep doing it for KC.....they get a lot of positive reinforcement for it. Describing them as grieving grandparents makes me ill. They are grieving PARENTS!

I am in the minority, but I'm not buying into it. Why would the A's be grieving now? They KNEW on July 15, that Caysee was dead and who did it. They've been grieving for the past 5 months, in their own way. Nobody with an ounce of intelligence believed Casey's 'story'. They all smelled the car, recognized the smell of death, were told that a strand of Caylee's hair with the death band was found in the trunk. They KNEW full well that Caylee was dead months ago. Why would they be grieving now? No way, not buying it.

I agree with you 100%. Unless one of the stages of grief is cover up, I don't think they are grieving at all.

Someone left flowers to show their respect for Caylee....LA removed them in a huff....yet, the person who bought the flowers is being criticized for wasting THEIR money on flowers instead of a donation to XYZ, etc. and LA is given a pass because??

I've never seen so many excuses for bad behavior. No wonder CA and GA keep doing it for KC.....they get a lot of positive reinforcement for it. Describing them as grieving grandparents makes me ill. They are grieving PARENTS!

Amen to that...

People are hurting. It is quite "normal" for those that want to show they care to place flowers where the child was last known to have been alive. It happens all the time. It's an expression that they care...plain and simple.

It's not normal to say "I think your granddaughter is dead and I want to memoralize her."
It's upsetting to the grandparents who have YET to accept her death.

I've seen a ton of makeshift memorials. I live in Philadelphia. I probably can't drive one day without seeeing one. Usually the ones on the Boulevard are related to car accidents. Last big one I saw was for a police officer shot on the street. I've seen them for babies, too. Never once did I see one where the person wasn't pronounced dead!

JoAnn_W

(((Hugs))) to you and your family. Although we all do react differently, trying to make sense of anything this family does will get you nothing but a splitting headache.

The Anthony's have stated all along that they believe Caylee is alive and will not stop looking for her until they have proof that she is not alive.

Why doesn't anyone listen to or respect the grandparent's wishes? I say leave them alone. They would only be hurt and defensive to premature condolences.

Ya know- stranger things have happened- copycat murders or even traveling out of state to dispose of remains. No one here is 100% positive that the body is Caylee. Sure, sure, sure, it all fits and is very likely and all that. But what happened to patience and respect?

Any true memorial would respect the grandparents who fed and clothed and loved that baby.

When my sister died, they put in the paper about a donation to the cancer society in lieu of flowers. If her classmates bought a big bouquet and put it on my parents lawn, it would be viewed as hostile and rude- not at all a sign of respect.

We need to be patient and leave the family alone. If this is Caylee, there likely will be some type of published notice about where to send donations.
If no one wants to send donations to the family named charity, then flowers, if accepted, at the funeral home or grave site would be appropriate.

I don't know Lee, but my guess is he was just acting as an agent for his parents. I can only guess how many condolences have been expressed to them all along and how it has hurt them. Why does anyone get to say that "this time" the speculation is correct and their memorial must be displayed?

Sorry for the long post, but this has me heated.

JoAnn_W
I agree. Also, people don't normally leave memorials on the lawns of the families of a decedent. This does not appear to me to be totally innocent on the part of all those placing the memorials. Given all the anger toward the family this smacks more of an "in your face" gesture to them. There are so many positive ways to remember Caylee. There are many children in need at this time. Many things someone with a good heart and real concern for children can do without placing material items on a grieving family's lawn. Yes, they have contributed greatly to the media circus/frenzy but there is still a dead child that I do believe that family loved, no matter how imperfectly.

Or maybe instead of buying flowers people could donate that money to a good cause. A childrens hospital. Research facilities that have helped in the case.... hostels that provide shelter and support to abused children that are still with us.

Flowers are a beautiful tribute, but wouldnt it be nice to see a tribute to caylee that is a gift that keeps on giving?
Just a thought.

:clap::clap::clap:
I think that is a wonderful idea!!! My donation in Caylees name will go to St Jude Childrens Hospital. Thank you for the suggestion,

Here is the thing that gets me. The flowers at a memorial are not just for the deceased. They are a sign of respect, honor and sometimes even admiration or sorrow for the deceased. But they are traditionally meant as a comfort to the living family members.

And while the sympathies have been very negative toward the A's, even here when the remains were found many people expressed sympathy for the A's for what they were going through and how painful it was going to be for them after they heard the news.

In destroying that memorial meant as a tribute to Caylee and perhaps some some comfort to the A's, LA more or less spit in the face of people who were trying to provide some comfort. He more or less said we don't want your sympathies.

Some think it was premature that a memorial was put up when Caylee hasn't been formally identified. Yet LE has notified the family that this was thought to be Caylee, and they seem to have accepted that it was her. No a formal id has not been made, but family notification has certainly been made. And from what I have seen grieving doesn't usually wait until the formal id is made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat